Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

New Chess.com Site for Kids => www.ChessKid.com !


  • 5 years ago · Quote · #1

    erik

    friends of Chess.com:

    today we have opened up our very new (and still under construction!!) site: 

    www.ChessKid.com

    now, before you go joining, it's very much like Chess.com, but ONLY for kids and parents of kids. so if you aren't part of that group, i'd appreciate it if you didn't just make an account just for fun :)

    but if you ARE a kid under 13, or have kids, or are a coach, i'd LOVE to have you join the site and give us your feedback! we are actively working to improve every aspect of the site, and we need some testers to help us find bugs and work out the kinks. it's very similar to chess.com, but with some new concepts like kid accounts vs. adult accounts, etc. 

    anyway, if you qualify to join, please do! and if you can help us by providing a lot of feedback (bugs, what works/doesn't, confusing stuff, etc), perhaps i can reward you in some way (membership or financially). 

    thank you!!

  • 5 years ago · Quote · #2

    furtiveking

    YAY! Glad it's finally here!

  • 5 years ago · Quote · #3

    EternalChess

    Omg!

    Love the homepage.

  • 5 years ago · Quote · #4

    EternalChess

    Where it says

    JOIN  IT'S FREE!

    (Under JOIN,  there are words covered by the KIDS Tab)

    EDIT:

    You cant pick your own username? im guessing thats because its a friendly site?

    EDIT:

    Sorry for double posting.

  • 5 years ago · Quote · #5

    furtiveking

    More feedback, the video section still isn't working. When clicking on the "test" video, I get this error:

    Fatal error: Call to undefined method User::IsMembershipDiamondOrBetter() in/data/www/dev/sites/www.chesskid.com/templates/video/player.tpl on line 29

  • 5 years ago · Quote · #6

    littlehotpot

     i have had a look at the homepage and it looks alot like chess.com homepage but it contains cartoon drawings and will this site recommend people under 13 who join to join up to this site

  • 5 years ago · Quote · #7

    erik

    Serbo wrote:

    Where it says

    JOIN  IT'S FREE!

    (Under JOIN,  there are words covered by the KIDS Tab)

    EDIT:

    You cant pick your own username? im guessing thats because its a friendly site?


    where are the words covered?

    yes - you can't write your own name, but we give you a million options to check through :)

  • 5 years ago · Quote · #8

    EternalChess

    - You start with 600 rating?

    - Also the trophy secion it says --Most Recent Trophy: from-- (:from?)

    -  8 bucks for membership?  (so they view ALL videos chess.com can see, do ALL tactics that chess.com can view, all for 3 bucks cheaper? so why pay diamon here?)

    -Play tab --> Blitz chess? (why not lvie chess cause when u click on it it says live chess isnt up and running, shouldnt it sayd blitz chess?)

    - Add a new kid? Cant ppl be coaches or parents?

    - no forums? :(

  • 5 years ago · Quote · #9

    cofail

    I am interested, how does the content in terms of videos and articles vary between the two sites.

    Is it different content aimed at different levels, because if so, perhaps it would be a good idea to make it availiable to chess.com members.

  • 5 years ago · Quote · #10

    knightspawn5

    I see you say parents only,  but do grandparents count?

  • 5 years ago · Quote · #11

    littlehotpot

    Serbo wrote:

    - You start with 600 rating?

    - Also the trophy secion it says --Most Recent Trophy: from-- (:from?)

    -  8 bucks for membership?  (so they view ALL videos chess.com can see, do ALL tactics that chess.com can view, all for 3 bucks cheaper? so why pay diamon here?)

    -Play tab --> Blitz chess? (why not lvie chess cause when u click on it it says live chess isnt up and running, shouldnt it sayd blitz chess?)

    - Add a new kid? Cant ppl be coaches or parents?

    - no forums? :(


    there could be 2 reasons why there is no forums

    1. because it is still a developing site and it needs time to put that on

    or

    2. so as to stop members posting inappropriate content  so that children do not see that 

  • 5 years ago · Quote · #12

    EternalChess

    erik wrote:
    Serbo wrote:

    Where it says

    JOIN  IT'S FREE!

    (Under JOIN,  there are words covered by the KIDS Tab)

    EDIT:

    You cant pick your own username? im guessing thats because its a friendly site?


    where are the words covered?

    yes - you can't write your own name, but we give you a million options to check through :)


     On the main page, where on the top left it says ChessKid.com, then below it is a star and it says Join (then somethign under it but it will not show fully) Then said It's Free! and a semi blue circle but once again dont see wht it says.

  • 5 years ago · Quote · #14

    erik

    a few responses:

    no public forums, but there are forums for CLUBS in side the site.

    grandparents welcome!

    content will be different - not the same articles or videos. it's geared toward children.

  • 5 years ago · Quote · #15

    erik

    Serbo wrote:
    erik wrote:
    Serbo wrote:

    Where it says

    JOIN  IT'S FREE!

    (Under JOIN,  there are words covered by the KIDS Tab)

    EDIT:

    You cant pick your own username? im guessing thats because its a friendly site?


    where are the words covered?

    yes - you can't write your own name, but we give you a million options to check through :)


     On the main page, where on the top left it says ChessKid.com, then below it is a star and it says Join (then somethign under it but it will not show fully) Then said It's Free! and a semi blue circle but once again dont see wht it says.


    which browser are you on? can you screenshot?

  • 5 years ago · Quote · #16

    EternalChess

    Im on IE 7 or the newest 1 (i forgot which version is the newest 1) i cannot screen shot because i have no idea how..

    my keyboard says HOME then under home says prt scrn, i tried clicking that then pasting in paint but no luck.. i tried holding shift and no luck as well.

    EDIT:

    Also homepage, when u click on >> Video's for beginners (when ur not logged it) it says MISSING PAGE ?!, it should say like you ave to log in or something.

  • 5 years ago · Quote · #17

    BrilliantSacrifice

    [COMMENT DELETED]
  • 5 years ago · Quote · #18

    gramos9956

    How about granddparents who care for their grandchildren; can we join?  I assume yes, but just checking to make sure.

    Oh, I see the question was already answered.  Thank you.

  • 5 years ago · Quote · #19

    EternalChess

    Also when you click Help or Contact at the buttom it is redirected to the chess.coms help or contact.. i believe you should make your own on that site, no kid wants to go on chess.com having to log in chesskid again (or going to that site)

  • 5 years ago · Quote · #20

    erik

    Serbo wrote:

    Im on IE 7 or the newest 1 (i forgot which version is the newest 1) i cannot screen shot because i have no idea how..

    my keyboard says HOME then under home says prt scrn, i tried clicking that then pasting in paint but no luck.. i tried holding shift and no luck as well.

    EDIT:

    Also homepage, when u click on >> Video's for beginners (when ur not logged it) it says MISSING PAGE ?!, it should say like you ave to log in or something.


    fixed the first. working on the second (need the video) :)


Back to Top

Post your reply: