Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

New Site Design Feedback


  • 2 years ago · Quote · #201

    chessplayer11

    jwh315 wrote:
    chessplayer11 wrote:

    I never said 75% of users are unhappy. And while what you say is generally true, it doesn't apply to people complaining that as a fact, the site doesn't work for them anymore. Don't fixate on the layout issue. That's just one of the complaints. A vast majority who have begun trying to use the site are finding it is simply broken when before it wasn't.

    If you believe that most of the people are happy, then it would be unlikely that so many paying members would be cancelling their membership.

    The 75% number came from another conversation that you quoted.  I am not fixated on the new layout.  I am fixated on the people ready to jump ship after less then 48 hours when Erik and chess.com have demonstrated that they are working around the clock to fix all of the issues.  Chess.com did it's due diligence in beta, but bugs will persist no matter what.  I have been testing this new layout for over a month and have had zero issues with it.  My Iphone, Ipad and android tablet all run the app perfectly.  The website works fine with google chrome (the preffered browser of chess.com).  I do understand that I do not use every feature of chess.com and there are bugs in other areas that I do not reguraly use, but you have to give chess.com a hand for promptly fixing most of these bugs in less then 24 hours.

    You have to realize ... this is just a chess site. Some people may only play chess on it, shockingly. The major reason they may have gotten a subscription was because they liked the layout, for example. It's been made very clear that there will be no going back under any circumstance. For a lot of people, the only thing they want is the option to use the old format they like. And as I said before somewhere, people know what they like and don't like. For example I don't like Chrome. If I have to use that for this site to work, then forget it. It's just a chess site. I'm not a world champion player. It's an idle hobby.

    Many see this as another FB site now. And they know they don't like that. So what reason do they have for staying?

    I'm not sure why everything works perfectly for you. And how do you figure that most bugs (that you can't even have) have been fixed in 24 hours? I've seen only one change of what I use. The background was fixed. That's it. Everything else that I've used is the same as it was when they first launched this new layout.

     

    Also no effort is being made to create a layout that resembles what the site used to look like, nor will they bother. I don't think it's an overreaction to leave something you don't like. I think it was a huge mistake to suddenly force a new layout on everyone without any good reason or even a heads up before hand.

  • 2 years ago · Quote · #202

    CJP67

    Does the lack of a resign button constitute a bug or an oversight? I was thinking of paying for a membership  but from what I've read people are leaving in droves.

  • 2 years ago · Quote · #203

    Ziggyblitz

    HOW DO I FIND A PLAYERS TIME PER MOVE AND THEIR TIME OUT RATIO ?????

  • 2 years ago · Quote · #204

    chessplayer11

    CJP67 wrote:

    Does the lack of a resign button constitute a bug or an oversight?

    I believe they call that a feature in the industry.

  • 2 years ago · Quote · #205

    Ziggyblitz

    One reason members are so upset is that chess.com was like a second home, a place where we go for some quiet time every day, sometimes for 3 or 4 (or more) hours per day.  Now, with the changes, our second home has suddenly gone and been replaced by a strange and unfamiliar one.  Moving house is considered to be a very stessful experience, and that it takes over 6 weeks to sart to feel comfortable with the new abode.   Let's hope so.

  • 2 years ago · Quote · #206

    deadahead329

    [COMMENT DELETED]
  • 2 years ago · Quote · #207

    JeremyBlue

    I'm getting used to the new site design.  I am the type of person who generally likes things the way they have been. But I am also glad I gave up my rotary dial wall phone and my hotmail account along the way.  Change -- good, bad, otherwise -- is inevitable.  It seems like Erik and the staff are working hard to make this site work for folks.  I'm thankful that they have put their talents into building this, instead of, say, a hedge fund or something.  I really appreciate Chess.com.

  • 2 years ago · Quote · #208

    kabawka

    jkudria4145 wrote:
    kabawka wrote:

    even if I'm a minority, I'm glad that after trial and error, I get to cancel my premium a minute ago. wow, $49.00 will be put into good use. IN YOUR FACE!!!!!!

    No need to be rude...you of course couldn't tell them nicely, right?

    nah! just making a little statement and it felt awesome!!!!!!

  • 2 years ago · Quote · #209

    Skipp

    When are you going to fix the Privacy issue???  We should be able to set the Privacy levels for everything. I don't necessarily need/want everyone to see my friends list, tactics/mentor ratings. What business is it of anyone else? Once again, this is supposed to be a  CHESS site, not a FACEBOOK wannabe SOCIAL website!!!!

  • 2 years ago · Quote · #210

    TadDude

    irrawang wrote:

    HOW DO I FIND A PLAYERS TIME PER MOVE AND THEIR TIME OUT RATIO ?????

    Timeout Ratio is in "all stats" or a Player Summary for a tournament.

    Appears Time/move is currently only seen in a Player Summary for a tournament.

    Like this  http://www.chess.com/tournaments/player_summary.html?id=34534&member=Kristina19

    Hopefully will be put in a more convenient place soon.  http://support.chess.com/Tickets/Submit

  • 2 years ago · Quote · #211

    kabawka

    TadDude wrote:
    irrawang wrote:

    HOW DO I FIND A PLAYERS TIME PER MOVE AND THEIR TIME OUT RATIO ?????

    Timeout Ratio is in "all stats" or a Player Summary for a tournament.

    Appears Time/move is currently only seen in a Player Summary for a tournament.

    Like this  http://www.chess.com/tournaments/player_summary.html?id=34534&member=Kristina19

    Hopefully will be put in a more convenient place soon.  http://support.chess.com/Tickets/Submit

    how about the opponent's rating? highest, average opponent's rating and his best win? In the old one, just one click and it's right there

  • 2 years ago · Quote · #212

    arkyarky9

    I would be completely ok with the new design if the Online Chess "All Games" stats were included on members' pages. 

    Much more useful than their tactics stats or chess mentor rating!

    In fact, I can't think of a single reason why I would want to check out someone else's tactics and chess mentor rating.

  • 2 years ago · Quote · #213

    SiriusRed

    I liked things the way they were, not impressed with the changes

  • 2 years ago · Quote · #214

    lph

    I've just paid attention to something else In Vote Chess on team where I'm an admin the resign button & draw buttons are there, where I'm not an admin they are not there it really doesn't matter to me about this because I can "leave game" or just not vote , I just wondering was this just an oversight an I see the analysis board has been "fix" in vote chess.

    there an old saying: "Rome wasn't built in a day" an with any new project there glitches in the past 50 years life has change ,we have went from records to 8 tracks to cassettes to cds just in the music industry. We have went from black & white TV's to color  to remote control from big bulk tv's  to flat screen & big screen  to projections screen an the list goes on & on an with every change it takes some getting use to.

    Ive heard some legitimate complaints an Ive heard a lot of whining

    I know you & your staff are working hard to fix the glitches  if you don't like the bright white you can change this yourselves

    you all have done a great job hat off to you

  • 2 years ago · Quote · #215

    Jantar

    arkyarky9 wrote:

    Cancelling your membership after 1 day of the new design is a huge overreaction. 

    The owners of the site are listening to feedback and attempting to address valid concerns. 

    I cancelled my premier membership once it was made clear that there was no going back to the old version.  I don't object to the new colours, nor to buttons being moved around etc.  My biggest gripe is that the site has become so slow and lumpy that is almost unusable.

    I did think that the situation had improved when I was able to complete 5 moves in consequecutive games last night, then on the next game it was back to the same problem.  Having the pieces not move when or where you want them to is a huge disadvantage in chess.

    I am not leaving the site imediately as I believe that is discourteous to those players I am currently competing with, but I have cancelled my premier membership on this site (from when the current expires) and already started a premier membership on another site.

  • 2 years ago · Quote · #216

    Annabelle

    On the log-in page, can the Chess.com 'banner'[advert] be smaller and chess news instead, that 'banner' hits me right in my face when I come to the site, which is not great - too big and it doesn't leave a good impression. The site looks 'cheap' with it so big in your face.

    What about Status update? It's not 'active' for players to change their status.

  • 2 years ago · Quote · #217

    Jimvger20

    I must refresh the page every time I want to post a reply. It happens here and in vote chess. I also cannot copy the move total in vote chess and paste it to post a reply at all. Am I the only one this happens to ?

  • 2 years ago · Quote · #218

    lph

    Jimvger20 wrote:

    I must refresh the page every time I want to post a reply. It happens here and in vote chess. I also cannot copy the move total in vote chess and paste it to post a reply at all. Am I the only one this happens to ?

    it may have to do with what internet browser you are using I was having the same problem with foxfire , but with explorer I wasn't I told the them about it and they fix it

  • 2 years ago · Quote · #219

    darkeval

    erik wrote:


    - major performance improvements (done)
    - ...a dozen more things I can't remember

     

    I can really feel the performance improvements. Such a fantastic delight! Think the site's much faster and smoother than the old now. I'm happy that issues are being resolved so quickly, and I'm thankful for the response. I just wanted to say thanks again for being heard, and for the message where you told me that you're working on fixing the "online games list" issue with 'time left' not being shown on the full overview. And I see that it's been fixed already while typing this! Wow, Thanks! I hated the new design at first, because the old one was so great, but now I'm falling in love with the new. Keep up the good work! Hurray!

  • 2 years ago · Quote · #220

    cookiemonster161140

    Too much white space, it's really hard on the eyes.


Back to Top

Post your reply: