Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

New Site Design Feedback


  • 3 years ago · Quote · #1281

    chess_kebabs

    Joseph-S wrote:

    Before, when a friend request was sent, you could decline with the opportunity to give a reason.  Now the decline doesn't give you that option.

    How could someone that programmed the site fairly well before, have programmed the so-called upgrade not nearly so well?  How?

    Not sure why Joseph. Maybe different developers, who are not as qualified/experienced/efficient? Who knows. All I know is features have been lost and navigation ease has declined here and there. But hey, new members are joining every day! The site is a business, it's here to make money. The more new members join, the more potential there is in people upgrading to premium memberships. Remember, only us active members who navigate a lot on the site, not JUST play chess here are the ones noticing any negative features. Most of the new members have nothing to compare it to here.  Having said all that, I do believe Erik ALSO wants to keep improving the site, fixing the bugs, and try to satisfy the existing members who aren't  happy, as  best as functionally possible with all the existing resources he has on hand. On another positive I am very satisfied with the response speed from staff when tickets are sent in, and their level of professionalism, even if they couldn't help me. Sometimes they could, sometimes they couldn't. Overall, I still think the site is great and look forward to seeing the back of all the bugs, and features and navigational ease improving, sooner or later.. hopefully sooner rather than later. :)   

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #1282

    winerkleiner

    Does Chess.Com have an I PO stock?

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #1283

    DungBeetle

    [COMMENT DELETED]
  • 3 years ago · Quote · #1284

    bulletheadbilly

    chess_kebabs wrote:
    Joseph-S wrote:

    Before, when a friend request was sent, you could decline with the opportunity to give a reason.  Now the decline doesn't give you that option.

    How could someone that programmed the site fairly well before, have programmed the so-called upgrade not nearly so well?  How?

    Not sure why Joseph. Maybe different developers, who are not as qualified/experienced/efficient? Who knows. All I know is features have been lost and navigation ease has declined here and there. But hey, new members are joining every day! The site is a business, it's here to make money. The more new members join, the more potential there is in people upgrading to premium memberships. Remember, only us active members who navigate a lot on the site, not JUST play chess here are the ones noticing any negative features. Most of the new members have nothing to compare it to here.  Having said all that, I do believe Erik ALSO wants to keep improving the site, fixing the bugs, and try to satisfy the existing members who aren't  happy, as  best as functionally possible with all the existing resources he has on hand. On another positive I am very satisfied with the response speed from staff when tickets are sent in, and their level of professionalism, even if they couldn't help me. Sometimes they could, sometimes they couldn't. Overall, I still think the site is great and look forward to seeing the back of all the bugs, and features and navigational ease improving, sooner or later.. hopefully sooner rather than later. :)   

    well at least when i speak up i am not powder coating the Facts of the Matter..

    if its a bug, the staff will speak up and work on correcting it.

    if its a feature and Staff does not say anything, most likely, the feature is of the old site and coppywrite laws apply, maybee with "Java"..

    if you can find a way to tweak the feature without using some one elses copywrites, then a simular feature may result.....

    but these are only my oppinions,,, and not Washed down Truths....

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #1285

    CBA

    You're invited to join a group, you click on a link to view it...didn't there used to be a line naming its highest ranking players?

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #1286

    bulletheadbilly

    probably was a copy write infringemant, or, somebody wanted it not seen, in that case it becomes a bell or whistle,,,,CBA,,,,

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #1287

    Rogwilco

    How come the time/move seems to be broken?  Mine hasn't altered for ages now despite me playing really slow the last week or so.

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #1288

    HessianWarrior

    Rogwilco wrote:

    How come the time/move seems to be broken?  Mine hasn't altered for ages now despite me playing really slow the last week or so.


    It rounds to nearest 15 minutes.

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #1289

    chess_kebabs

    @CBA - there is still a line showing the 3 top rated players of groups on the group's profile page - are you looking on your phone or PC? Just scroll down the page - it's there on the left. Which group is it?

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #1290

    Joseph-S

    It's pathetic how often you can click on the chess puzzle of the day and it will take you to the forum list or who knows what else.

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #1291

    bulletheadbilly

    I Have been having To wait extra long to navigate on the new format since its activation. at first i got so many "Awe Snaps on google chrome that i had to shut it down for a bit and use explorer. now it works on google chrome but takes way longer than the old format....

    and at the bottem left corner of the page it says, when its waiting, "Waiting for chess.com"... Alot of times it times out and asks if it should wait, or cancel...but it always shows in the bottem left corner,"Waiting on Chess.com"

    can i please get some feed back from staff on this issue, please....

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #1292

    chess_kebabs

    if a problem is really annoying you, and you can't function on the site well, then you should be sending in a ticket.. you can't rely on staff to always see these comments. But if they have a ticket to answer, they will answer it.

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #1293

    HessianWarrior

    chess_kebabs wrote:

    if a problem is really annoying you, and you can't function on the site well, then you should be sending in a ticket.. you can't rely on staff to always see these comments. But if they have a ticket to answer, they will answer it.

    I think he just wants to bitch in public.

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #1294

    bulletheadbilly

    "I put tickets in to watch movies ,,get ice cream, and the Like, i dont put tickets in here, because, its obvious, that things are slower, i guess babs is a staff member now, and she puts her complaints here, and when every body else does, she buts her brown nose in where it dont belong.....only because when there is an obvious issue, and staff does not respond , she, respponds herself, with a public relations response,. pugt a tickets in for us babs ,,,since you care so much,,, and come back with an honest response,,,,if you dare too...or better yet,,,,when some body asks for a staff member to respond,,,butt out....thank yoju and have a good brown nose day.....

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #1295

    bulletheadbilly

    typing in the dark,,exscuse the spell check....

    Cool

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #1296

    chess_kebabs

    B***h/complain all you like in public Billy and not bother sending in tickets, but it's not a smart move to get any answers solved. But hey, if you love wasting your time so much then keep on doing it. 

    There was no sign of brown nosing there or any sign of being in with staff.. you just are too stubborn to take any advice.. you are a lost cause. 

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #1297

    bulletheadbilly

    then why when you have an issue Babs, you put it here? just a question? no need to get worked up.. i am a lost cause, at least i  dont try and brown nose to find my way back.....

    ba

    esides, for the third time i am asking a staff member about the issue and not yoyu..so please, pretty please, with a brown browny top, let staff answer, and control yourself.....

    i should knickname you,,,"TicketMaster".

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #1298

    chess_kebabs

    whatever Billy.. keep up with being a pain in everyone's ass.. see how far it gets you in life with friendships and with favourable results / official help.. both things you don't know how to conduct yourself with.. 

    I won't be responding to you anymore.. you don't appreciate help or advice when it's offered, instead you start b***hing again. Showing your wonderful character there Billy, yet again, but no surprises with  you anymore. I'll just do what everyone else does with you when you bark non stop here and in the feedback group notes.. ignore you.

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #1299

    bulletheadbilly

    thanks babs, i though i asked three times,, and the last one was please,, but thats ok...just stating the obvious...wanting to know if things mighjt speed up like they were,,but you,,in your wonderfull glory, has painted me as a bad guy,,when i was just asking , how much longer..thanks again babs,,,for all those personal attacks..that you and others are famous for getting away with,,while us othjers get flushed out of another group...save the physcho babble for your family members please.....

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #1300

    bulletheadbilly

    chess_kebabs wrote:

    Since you want the suggestions together here in this forum now Erik, will repeat:

    Please add more contrast/sharpness/brightness/vibrancy by bolding up 'some' text. The headings in particular.. it's very flat/dull at the moment. Pt size, font chosen, spacing is all fine for me. Also add a little colour between each comment/post, just to separate comments a little more. It's one extreme to the other from old to  new design, and I think a little "meet in the middle' would be ideal. 

    Also can the trophies  be made identifiable again please. And can we select which trophies can be put in the showcase on your profile, like before. Not a big issue but was a nice feature. 

    heres just one babs....


Back to Top

Post your reply: