Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

New Site Design Feedback

• 2 years ago · Quote · #81

arborvitian

I'd like to add that my specific complaint about the Delete and Submit buttons in that one context should be understood to apply sitewide.  I'm not thrilled with the red, but the orange makes my eyes hurt.

Another place it occurs is the progress bar in Chess Mentor.  Gack.  Not only is this the same dreadful orange, the text is black.  I really don't like this at all.

I don't much like the new red and green in Chess Mentor either, or the fact that "Correct Alternate Move" is gray now, but I'm likely to get used to those things.  The orange, never.  Wow, that's horrible!

I messed around, and settled on this as a suggested replacement color.  It's hard to know quite what to do with this--I think the original progress bar was green, but there wasn't a big green "Your move" button above it before--but I'm liking the blue well enough.  It's an improvement, if not perfection.  (I had to recreate the text to change the color.  Ignore the font difference.  I didn't bother to match it precisely.)

• 2 years ago · Quote · #82

arborvitian

LaskerFan wrote:

I have to click TWICE in any comment  box to start entering text

+1

Same thing here with Firefox on Linux.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #83

gvanderford

I actually really like the new design. The problem is that ever since it changed the site is running very slow on my computer (not the x2 speed that has been advertised). I've experience several disconnections which has lead to me losing games as "abandoned" and losing rating points which is, needless to say, frustrating. Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this but I know it's not my connection because other websites are loading normally. Love the rest of the new site though.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #84

arborvitian

Chess Mentor used to fit into the window such that the entire cheater box at the bottom was visible on one screen.  The new layout is taller, and about half the cheater box is cut off, so if I get stuck, I have to scroll.

Screen size is a fickle thing, and the way it used to fit on my screen might have been a happy coincidence, but I still miss that.  I have 832 vertical pixels available, FYI.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #85

SandyJames

By nature, we are reluctant to accept any change in our daily lives including this site!

But the only constant thing is change. So, relax friends, you'll get used to the new look.

@ erik,

Thank you for a new look and wishing you and your people all the best.Smile

• 2 years ago · Quote · #86

arborvitian

In both Tactics Trainer and Chess Mentor, the respective home pages show a progress graph.  These graphs used to default to showing 90 days of progress, I think.  Now they don't default to anything, and they display nothing upon first loading the page.

Once you set them to something, the graphs work, but they do not display any indication of what setting is in effect, so I have no idea what range of days I'm looking at.  Some highlight or something is missing there.  I can't quite remember what it was, but it used to be obvious what setting was in effect.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #87

hamis

The submit buttons and other pertinent buttons on the main page of Vote Chess sometimes appear there and sometimes disappear. And the analyze windows on IE browser is not working. You could not even maximize the window. In Chrome browser, the Random vote chess game has no submit and other pertinent buttons in it and the analyze window is messed up, too.

The new Chess.com setup is a nice one if and only if all the bugs in it is fixed.

BTW, my OS is Windows XP and the browser I use is IE8.

hamis

• 2 years ago · Quote · #88

amrita1

Thanks Erik for responding positively &  fixing these main problems :-

1.Giving the chess games a priority than the "notes" by keeping them above & in the center !

2.My vote chess option in the menu bar working in order as in the old format  showing the vote chess games in order of the urgency of voting !

The very important problem for our members who are participating very actively in our vote chess games through their mobiles :-They can't still add their comments which requires an attention urgently ,as such active members are the vital force in our vote chess games & we do not want to miss their contribution in our VC games !

One more problem regarding VC games still persisis & that is about the "Analysis board " !

The board & the keys to move the pieces should be on the same screen !

Here we have to scroll down for whole one screen for the keys & we  loose the sight of the board which becomes meaningless & too inconvenient to scroll again upward & downward with each movement of piece when we check our sequence of moves in a particular plan !

Hope that the effecient staff will get these problems fixed very soon ! All the best !!!:-)

• 2 years ago · Quote · #89

gilmdra

i had a little problem in the tactics trainer. the option to stop when it is solved was already in, i solved the first one and it did not count. after that i choose the option to automaticly pass to the next one and everything was ok, but i solved 4, instead of the 3 that i can do each day

• 2 years ago · Quote · #90

SusanG

On the online chess page I would rather see how long I, or my opponent has to move, instead of the time since the last move.

Also, there seems to be a bug, as it says I have two pages of current games, but they both look exactly the same.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #91

lph

gilmdra wrote:

i had a little problem in the tactics trainer. the option to stop when it is solved was already in, i solved the first one and it did not count. after that i choose the option to automaticly pass to the next one and everything was ok, but i solved 4, instead of the 3 that i can do each day

when they set-up the new format it gave you ten free demo they don't count against your stats

• 2 years ago · Quote · #92

blea

I like the new look! you guys rock! best chess website!

First time when i joined, i found it hard to use, many links on top menu, now they are arranged way better, and look is smooth and pleasant.

Thank you!

• 2 years ago · Quote · #93

JinLun

How can you tell how many games or how many time outs a new opponent has???

• 2 years ago · Quote · #94

Imaginary_Opposition

JinLun wrote:

always something i like to know as well...

not sure how to get to the daily puzzle game yet either.

it's improving though, the current games have moved back to the main screen where they were...

• 2 years ago · Quote · #95

AndTheLittleOneSaid

Imaginary_Opposition wrote:
    JinLun wrote:

always something i like to know as well...

not sure how to get to the daily puzzle game yet either.

it's improving though, the current games have moved back to the main screen where they were...

You can get to it through the forums: http://www.chess.com/forum/category/daily-puzzles

The link on the main page doesn't seem to work yet.

EDIT: It's back under Learn. Tongue out

• 2 years ago · Quote · #96

arborvitian

On a completely positive note, now that I've spent some time with the new board sound effects, I'm really starting to like them.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #97

Sapp

1. As others have probably pointed out already, the daily puzzle is harder to get to than before. In the old design you only had to click on the puzzle and you got there instantly. Now it directs you to the forum board where you have to click two more times to get to the puzzle.

2. The posts in a topic are divided with quite a thin and grey line. With certain themes that have grey backgrounds these lines are almost invisible and makes the topic boards seem chaotic and unorganized to me. The color or size of these lines should be changeable in these themes. With blank white themes like the standard chess.com one it's just fine.

I haven't had time to check everything out yet, but I'll let you know when an improvement comes to mind.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #98

Balachandar

How to look at the number of team matches and vote chess games in progress for a group?

Edit: And where are the links for Team Match and Vote Chess Leaderboards in the top menu bar?

• 2 years ago · Quote · #99

arborvitian

The newly restored link to the Daily Puzzle on the Learn menu (thank you) links incorrectly, and takes you to the top level Forums page.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #100

himath2009

Balachandar wrote: How to look at the number of team matches and vote chess games in progress for a group? At the moment you can do it only through the Group's Public Profile... 

Post your reply: