Forums

New Site Design Feedback

Sort:
kco
TMIMITW wrote:

Just my two cents...I would prefer the games to be front and center after logging on-not the notes, which have been there for months. I've read them already. I don't need them in my face every time I log in.

they have already fixed it.

theriverman
erik wrote:

we are going to add the option to hide friends lists. 

CoolCool

jwh315
NightMother wrote:

may i suggest a future news letter for site updates? or is there a blog or forum ?, what features are changeing and etc i think you caught alot of people off guard, no one likes a clown jumping out at them. 

There have been a couple threads in the forums about it, and beta tests for premium members.  I have been using the new format for over a month now.

Rodsterix

I really like the changes, especially the home page. Good work!

chess_kebabs
erik wrote:

we are going to add the option to hide friends lists. 

Brilliant, thanks! 

NightMother
jwh315 wrote:
NightMother wrote:

may i suggest a future news letter for site updates? or is there a blog or forum ?, what features are changeing and etc i think you caught alot of people off guard, no one likes a clown jumping out at them. 

There have been a couple threads in the forums about it, and beta tests for premium members.  I have been using the new format for over a month now.

still, i'd like a letter , i read my mail more then i run around searching for blogs or forums, and i wouldnt even know to search for it if something does decide to change. 

Rick56

It shows you guys do take the time to listen or read. I didn't see all 500+ of them, but I saw some comments about how this looks like "facebook" in the previous thread, and in just the first two comments on this one, there is a reference to a social networking site. So it seems that it's something about the "look" to most people. I know I was used to the original interface, and liked it when I first compared it. Originally, I would have said "old version". There's no way for everyone to be happy, I guess, but anyways, I'll just write a few thoughts:

1) Is there a way for the analyze window to already be embedded into the the original window? Or at least the window that pops up be automatically resized to the entire contents (i.e.: Explore, Get PGN, Flip Board all included, not with the scroll bar at the bottom)?

2) Seems to be a little longer lag on the tactics trainer between moves, maybe it's my connection right now, but it normally doesn't do that. If this isn't the case for everyone, then oops.

3) I like the 'highlight over players and see the stats' option. I like stats, I'm a stats guy. ha!

4) I took a stroll around the site, and realize I like it more than I thought. It probably is just shock for most people. It does seem "facebookish" with its' new layout, but at the same time it is very user friendly. Great job!

chess_kebabs
Lazaneo87 wrote:

I COME HERE TO PLAY CHESS AND THATS ALL.I DONT HAVE NOTHING AGAINST TO MEET SOME NEW INTEREST AND GOOD PERSON BUT WHY I NEED THAT SOMEBODY WATHC MY FRIEND LIST,MY NOTES ON TOP,CHESS ALBUMS SOMEWHERE DOWN RIGHT IN THE CORNER...I KNOW WHAT ALL THAT TALK ME AND IT DISAPOINTED ME.THAT REALTIONS, BOSS-SLAVE I HAD ENOUGH ALREADY WITH 24 YEARS IN REAL LIFE I DIDNT WANT HAVE HERE WHEN I HAVE GOOD TIME WITH MY 1ST LOVE.

Lazaeno87, please read the comments posted by staff. Erik has already said in this forum before you  made this post that the friends list will be able to be hidden soon. They are working on it. Also typing in large text is not a good way to get heard. People don't appreciate being what looks like shouted at and it's not necessary as we are not all 5 year olds who  need large font to be able to read what you are saying.  

pumpupthevolume247

I consider myself to be a very active user of this site... I loved chess.com that's why I payed money to become a premium member... I have over 50+ games going on... I watch video lectures daily... I publish all my OTB games in blogs... I love this site! But - I am not in favour of the abrupt changes for too many reasons to list... but I please urge you to listen to what another premium member wrote -

Zhane - "Sure I'll give you some time to fix bugs and all that side of stuff, however you should listen to the members more."

What I'm saying Erik is that I'll never stray from chess.com it's too good! But the madness changes such as making our friends list public is for me and a lot of other die-hard users of this awesome site, just too much...

pumpupthevolume247

I have my site in the blue theme and at the top of my page it says "Chess.c" with a blue pawn behind the 'C' and so is missing "...om" from chess.com - anyone else have this glitch??

CRShelton

I love the new design, and all the suggestions that I would have made have already been resolved or at least addressed.  The only bug I've experienced is that a live chess game told me I had won by checkmate when I really won by resignation.  It's correct on the page now (http://www.chess.com/livechess/game.html?id=271340727), but at the time the pop-up said checkmate.  I have no idea if this bug is related to the new changes or was already present.

Great work, and thanks for keeping the site fresh.

kco

What could the worst thing could  happen to you if your friends list is open to the public ? When I look at mine is doesn't seem to bother me that much and I don't care or mind what others say about on my friends list.

Lattenkiste

I just noticed this topic here. I was looking for it before and couldn't find it. I'll delete my topic and move my comment to here. --->

8 Hours Ago

I love the new layout! I haven't had a chance to fully explore it yet but it looks great! I love that you can switch from grid to list view in the online games. One thing that needs a little tweaking is the background, but I'm sure yall are working on that.

Yall fixed that fast! I have my background back :D

I also like the new things shows when you mouse over someone's name including the trophy showcase, but I think it would be cool if I could hold the mouse over one of those trophies and the text would show what the trophy is the same way it does for the country flags.

I've gotta say the thing I'm the most stoked about is the Training Plan!

I haven't found anything I don't like yet but I'll put it here if I do.

NightMother

ive noticed, the "new comments" alert, when clicked , i dont even know what its aiming at, it just takes me to forums list :/ possible to fix? or change in color something

davidknight

OK new look, what about chess TV for non premium members to review old shows, and could you improve the quality of chess TV with more professional looking sets and anchor people , like they do at the tournaments.  How about new features on the Ipod aps too..

NightMother
Lazaneo87 wrote:

Dont worry NightMother.Its long way... :)

whats long way? :/ doesnt solve much 

NightMother
Lazaneo87 wrote:
NightMother wrote:
Lazaneo87 wrote:

Dont worry NightMother.Its long way... :)

whats long way? :/ doesnt solve much 

Be patient.He has to go all around country and USA is not small...its so many letters....please try understand.Thank you.

maybe so, but hes not even respondeding to anyone anymore <..<

DaveShack

If you're referring to replies from Erik, he's been at this for the past 10+  (maybe even 12+) hours and it's probably time to go off duty till tomorrow.

gabrielconroy

I'd like to chip in on this thread and say I, for one, really like the new design. Good work!

I think a little bit more tweaking could be done on the colour contrasts. Although I'm a fan of clean, light design (like this), the italic could be a little bit darker. Also, I'd rather the thread headings were one or two points smaller, but that's more of a taste issue.

Dadwhosmilesnow

I really like the new layout, it seems more concise and to the point. Clean looking would be my best description. As for my friends list being hidden, unless I was chatting/playing secrectly an old boy/girl friend behind my spouses back, I really don't see the problem. Hope that was constructive enough.