Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

New Site Design Feedback

• 2 years ago · Quote · #361

Skipp

You're welcome. Glad things straightened out for you.

Skip

• 2 years ago · Quote · #362

SusanG

I have firefox 11 on my laptop, but each game is taking about a minute to load. I have a challenge from someone, but that page won't load at all!

• 2 years ago · Quote · #363

unohoo

[COMMENT DELETED]
  • 2 years ago · Quote · #364

mplandshark1

i do not like it.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #365

yeres30

erik wrote:
    Lorgen wrote:

A comment was made that 1 day was too soon to cancel as owners listen to feedback. I've been here long enough to know is utter BS

what's BS - that we don't listen? come on!! :) i've read more than 2,000 forum comment threads and sent hundreds of personal messages in the last 2 days alone discussing with members how to improve the site. find me another website owner of a site with 5 million members who does that :)

Except we who can not avoid temporary disconnection do not understand why Chess.Com gives bonus time to the opponent who did not disconnect while at deducting time from the player who disconnected.

This unfair treatment of all who disconnect temporarily has been going on for over two years now.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #366

Allegretta

I dislike the new site design, and i am trying to write to the chess.com folks, but they don't have a way to reach them that I can find. When you go to support, there's no way to just sent a simple message.

i feel that the new system does not give enough privacy. I think it is an invasion of privacy that anyone can see who my "friends" are. And, i don't feel like knowing who my friends friends are. It is terrible. IT reminds me of the reasons I would never join Facebook.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #367

blackfirestorm666

Yes I am having major problems using my phone on the site. The screen is so crowded it won't load pages and I can't read my profile notes due to the screen size

• 2 years ago · Quote · #368

shequan

pam234 wrote:

When will the enhanced privacy system be available please?

have something to hide?....I'm going to look at ALL your friends right now! Mwahhhh hahhahhha.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #369

shequan

Allegretto wrote:

I dislike the new site design, and i am trying to write to the chess.com folks, but they don't have a way to reach them that I can find. When you go to support, there's no way to just sent a simple message.

i feel that the new system does not give enough privacy. I think it is an invasion of privacy that anyone can see who my "friends" are. And, i don't feel like knowing who my friends friends are. It is terrible. IT reminds me of the reasons I would never join Facebook.

because you posted this I am going to look through all your friends right now! mwhahhhahhh hahhh ahhaha

• 2 years ago · Quote · #370

shequan

can I please use Times New Roman again.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #371

johanpalmaer

If the button "Next Ready Game" really would work, I guess most players would be greatful. As it is now, when you push that button, you come to another match, which may not necissarily is a match where it's your turn to make a move. If the Next Ready Game-button really worked, then would all players not need to always go through "HOME"when open next game for making a move within. This is a certain issue. I'm surprised that not somany seem the concerned about it. (By the way: The button "Next Ready Game" is now missing in the online chess games but still there in the vote chess games. Make this button work, and I guess most players will be much more satisfied when using the the new format and playing their games.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #372

AndTheLittleOneSaid

omertatao wrote:

can I please use Times New Roman again.

What browser are you using? I know you can force a font onto all webpages using Firefox.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #373

FORAA

i see many complains about that the sites sociality. as far as i have seen this site was always combining sociality with chess. and in my opinion that was the main reason of this site being number one.

or maybe i don't understand your complains, because i have never used the facebook.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #374

johanpalmaer

When I open the My Online Chess from HOME, I see a view of chess boards where it'smy turn to make my moves. But it's sad that I cannot cover in forhand where I actually already have made my move. There has to be an indicator besides each board that tells wheter I already have made my move or not. This is a certain issue since the view of boards now make no sence, and just make the players upset when they open boards and cover they already have made their moves etc. So please apply an indicator besides each board that tells the player wheter they already have made their move or not.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #375

Sooner

Where is Opening Explorer in the new user interface? In the old interface, a link to it was on the game page. When a player used that link, a board with that specific game's position would appear; and the player could use it it without setting up the position. Now, it seems, it has been replaced by Game Explorer in the Learn dropdown menu. Game Explorer is inconvenient because the player must go to the Learn dropdown menu and then to Game Explorer to gain access; and it is less useful because the specific game position for which the player wants to use it is not on the board. Instead, it is set at the starting position. I strongly urge that Opening Explorer be restored in the new user interface.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #376

AndTheLittleOneSaid

johanpalmaer wrote:

When I open the My Online Chess from HOME, I see a view of chess boards where it'smy turn to make my moves. But it's sad that I cannot cover in forhand where I actually already have made my move. There has to be an indicator besides each board that tells wheter I already have made my move or not. This is a certain issue since the view of boards now make no sence, and just make the players upset when they open boards and cover they already have made their moves etc. So please apply an indicator besides each board that tells the player wheter they already have made their move or not.

You can change the view of your games back to the list view using a button to the top right of the games.

And if it is your move, the boards have a yellow border around them.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #377

johanpalmaer

It not feel ok that all my alerts shows up when I enter to a team of mine.
    When I enter my team startpages should everything on that page only be related to the team but maybe my matches for that team that still remains to make my moves within.

Why should I see all my alerts when I enter to a team page?

It makes me very confused, since I expect to see stuff on the team pages that are related to the team, and not to anything (or at least not so much) else besides.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #378

johanpalmaer

The submenues in sections like on the team pages are too heavily far away from the header. It would be much better if the submenues are lying closer to the headers and not in the mid or bottom of the pages. As it is now, you need to go to HOME, open "My Groups/Teams", and then scroll down to find the group menu far away from the header. This is not the only case where the submenues are almost hidden and far away from where you currently keep your eyes and your cursor actually are placed.
    This makes everything goes slow. I guess it takes 3-4 extra seconds every time I open the pages to move my eyes and then cursor. The submenues need to be closer to the header and the main menu. This may not make sence to guys that not doing 100s of actions every day. BUt assume that you're doing all this maybe 100 times per hours (as I do), it means that you need spend 300-400 seconds more per hours just to move your eyes and the cursor compared to within the old format. If you sitting 8 hours per week in front of chess.com, it means that you have to spend more than 2,400-3,200 seconds more per week just to be able to do the very same moments as when using the old format. It means approx. 10-20% lower effeciency, or approx. 10-20% less activity in general within all teams. So from a productivity or activity point of view, it would be better if the submenues always where lying closer to the headers!

• 2 years ago · Quote · #379

himath2009

This thread, valuable as it may be, is becoming chaotic. If we attempt to classify peoples’ problems concerning the new interface, these fall under two major categories:

TYPE I: Technical Problems, i.e. problems relating to bugs, fixes, compatibility of various browsers, etc. Members’ feedback is valuable on that front and before long the majority of these problems will be addressed and fixed, therefore people should not get overtly upset about them.

TYPE II: Conceptual problems, i.e. problems arising from the huge changes which affected the way our personal (or Team) Home Pages look. Here the beast will not be tamed that easily: the root cause of the shock to many members, in my opinion, relates to the forced shift of someone’s priorities and classification preferences brought about by the upgrade to center stage of THE NOTES. This is the defining and crucial change behind the new design’s concept and it is this that instills a negative Facebook feel to many of us.

The promotion of THE NOTES caused many members’ cherished items to be demoted to footnote, margin or out of view status. I think this was a mistake. Still, it can be corrected – if only the designers could be persuaded of this conceptual flaw and move the Notes back to the margin, where they, under any sensible prioritization, truly belong. Or, at least, work out a “show/hide” button, if that is feasible. This has to be done – to force an arbitrary and ill-conceived priority on a user while asking him to get used to it is a mistake.

To test my hypothesis (given that I could not get used to it), I had to resort to something drastic: much as I lament the loss of cherished friends’ notes, I deleted them all… And, surprisingly enough, the New -minus Notes- Look (as in the screen shot below) started to resemble the Old (and very wise in its priorities) Look. And that is something I can get used to.

Having said all this, it would be an omission not to thank Erik and his Staff for the huge effort and their diligent and prompt response to every issue that arises during this major shift – I only hope the iconoclastic designer(s) of the New Look will give this argument the benefit of the doubt.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #380

FORAA

himath2009

you seem like don't have any tracked activities?

Post your reply: