Forums

New Site Design Feedback

Sort:
jamorcos

Thumbs up so far but may I suggest that in the format of displaying current game boards you put a pulse or wink as to those players that are on line, this used to show in the former format list and ou could antisipate the games.

Regards;   James.

kqbrk

Why are the members date of enrolloment removed?  I used this to help weed out cheats who run chess engines and constinently change their identy.  What are you doing to prevent this anyway?

NimzoRoy
kqbrk wrote:

Why are the members date of enrolloment removed?  I used this to help weed out cheats who run chess engines and constinently change their identy.  What are you doing to prevent this anyway?

Second the motion, bring this DOE data back online - it's also useful for admins when considering whether to accept and/or invite new members into clubs here.

chess_kebabs
kqbrk wrote:

If you click on the ABOUT ME tab /link on anyone's profile it shows the date they joined chess.com.

johanpalmaer

I'm missing the Groups in the main menu.
It has now been located as a subitem under "Share".
The groups are - still - a unique contribution to the world chess community. Many members volunteer as group admins.
Worth to promote!

shequan
BorgQueen wrote:

Agreed.  The features and functionality of the site is actually better, especially once the fixes are all done, and some of you are acting as if you have lost the ability to use features that you paid for.  Absurd.  The only thing that has really changed is the look of the site.  Geez. 

seriously. the look of a website is more or less unimportant, to me at least. now, of course, a human being being horribly mutilated is obviously a much more serious issue and not to be dismissed flippantly. maybe people are confusing these two things? I don't know.

chess_kebabs
johanpalmaer wrote:

The groups are - still - a unique contribution to the world chess community. Many members volunteer as group admins.
Worth to promote!

I agree Johan, I can't see a shortcut link anymore for MY GROUPS. You have to now go to 'GROUPS' and then scroll down and then you will see a link for MY GROUPS. But the direct link before was much better and quicker for us to get to our groups when we need to. Guess will have to bookmark pages here more that were easier to locate before. 

SusanG

Thanks for changing the list of online chess games to 'time left'. Much better!. I still have two pages of games which look exactly the same, so I'm not sure if some games are missing from the list?

Ziggyblitz

When clicking "view players" when in on-line the graph does not come up for the different time formats or countries etc.

lph
chess_kebabs wrote:
johanpalmaer wrote:

Worth to promote!

I agree Johan, I can't see a shortcut link anymore for MY GROUPS. You have to now go to 'GROUPS' and then scroll down and then you will see a link for MY GROUPS. But the direct link before was much better and quicker for us to get to our groups when we need to. Guess will have to bookmark pages here more that were easier to locate before. 

it's in the home tab

AnastasiaStyles

I like some aspects of the change and dislike others, but couldn't resist making this for those of you that vocally hate the change:

orthodude

The changes are great;the game explorer will help me become a titled player.

kenneth67

Change is good! Just one problem I have is I'm not getting my recent comments recorded in "Topics I Have Posted In". 

arborvitian

The new Chess Mentor layout moves the "Start Training" controls up to the top, in the same space block as the Chess Mentor logo.  After spending some time with the layout to see how I would settle into it, I just don't like this arrangement.  Key controls are moved into a block of space that I expect to contain static informational elements, and this leaves even more unused space in the part of the layout where I expect to find controls to interact with.  I think it's a bad layout decision on both fronts.

Here's the current layout:

I propose moving the "Start Training" controls to fall under the Home | Start Training | etc. panel, and making appropriate layout tweaks on that side to keep everything looking balanced.  You should take it one step farther than I did in this mock-up, and make the two panels the same width, with similar borders, etc.

I think this is more logical and better balanced, although it does still leave a huge tract of empty space.  There's just more space there than you need, and there's no reason to make the emptiness even bigger by compacting controls out to an awkward and counterintuitive new location.

einstein_69101

The movelist for the analysis board is too big.  It shows up bellow the board instead of to the right.

Salander

At the very top left of the home page, where members can replace the chess.com logo with their own image: I can no longer see my image properly although it was perfectly visible before. Can you do anything to fix that?

Thanks

hotwax

Love the new design! Two remarks though:

- Will there be an option to choose a default view for current games in online chess? I prefer the old listing over the new gridview (or what's it called...)

- The logo of my group is shown bigger then before, but since I resized it to 100x100px, the recommended image size, it's all pixelly :). Is the recommended image size bigger now?

pam234

When will the enhanced privacy system be available please?

b0ha

I like the new design a lot!

Fantasto

IMHO the new site is trying to cram far too much onto a single page. My biggest objection is that the new layout, small font sizes and some of the colours - especially that ridiculously pale pale grey - are very user-unfriendly for anyone with less than 20 / 20 vision: and there are lots of us! And when we try to blow up the screen by ctrl+ mouse wheel, then things just disappear off the page altogether! As a first measure, may I suggest that the integrity of lh side be preserved, so that blown-up messages etc.  are not 'clipped', losing letters, words etc. and thereby becoming unreadable.