Forums

New Site Design Feedback

Sort:
George1st

My font I reckon is 6...getting headache trying to read. Had to leave live....So it's not me...tf : )))

Thanx Fantastico!!!

ContemplativeCat

This may have already been mentioned- there's something wrong with the W's (the letter "w" is showing up as about half there some of the time) ?

Fantasto

I thought premium members were supposed to be ads- free. So why am I getting messages at the top right telling me to get a better browser - Google Chrome, firefox, IE?

And I hate the plug for c.c tournaments in the same area.

chess_kebabs
lph wrote:
chess_kebabs wrote:
johanpalmaer wrote:

I'm missing the Groups in the main menu.
It has now been located as a subitem under "Share".
The groups are - still - a unique contribution to the world chess community. Many members volunteer as group admins.
Worth to promote!

I agree Johan, I can't see a shortcut link anymore for MY GROUPS. You have to now go to 'GROUPS' and then scroll down and then you will see a link for MY GROUPS. But the direct link before was much better and quicker for us to get to our groups when we need to. Guess will have to bookmark pages here more that were easier to locate before. 

it's in the home tab

No it's not there, only GROUPS is there, MY GROUPS is not there. You  have to click on GROUPS and then you can see the link for MY GROUPS. On the old site you didn't need to do that.. one click and you were there, now it's 2. 

chess_kebabs

But I don't want to go to your groups Brad, I want to go to mine. 

chess_kebabs

lol Wink

chess_kebabs

yes I saw that before on my profile Kohai, I know that's there, thanks.

But before there was a link under SEARCH on old site where you could go direct to MY GROUPS no  matter which page you were on.

I didn't realise the link GROUPS & TEAMS was actually MY GROUPS AND TEAMS. Getting rid of the MY  threw me when there were 2 direct links there  before, one for ALL GROUPS and one for MY GROUPS. I often used both direct links.

So thanks Brad, missed that before. 

chess_kebabs

I can't see the average rating for Groups anymore. For example I wanted to send a team match challenge just now to Team Sweden but wanted to know what their average rating is so I know what parameters to set in the challenge. Can anyone see where it's hiding please?

http://www.chess.com/groups/view/team-sweden

kohai

Point your cursor top right corner where it says HOME.

Drop down appears - middle column of options shows Groups & Teams.

That link takes you directly to the ones you're in aswell :)

chess_kebabs

Thanks Kohai, yes I got that from Brad's comment. like I said I was thrown by that because it used to say MY GROUPS.. but I see now it is my groups even though it doesn't say it anymore :)

lph
chess_kebabs wrote:

yes I saw that before on my profile Kohai, I know that's there, thanks.

But before there was a link under SEARCH on old site where you could go direct to MY GROUPS no  matter which page you were on.

I didn't realise the link GROUPS & TEAMS was actually MY GROUPS AND TEAMS. Getting rid of the MY  threw me when there were 2 direct links there  before, one for ALL GROUPS and one for MY GROUPS. I often used both direct links.

So thanks Brad, missed that before. 

lol thanks Brad

hmmmm I could sworn I answer it first

Assurancetouriks

Dear sir / madam,

Thanks for the new lay-out. It seems a step ahead indeed.

My thought for improvement is the screen 'Tactics Trainer'. I think it would be helpful if the "You play white" or "You play black" were more prominently displayed, i.e. bigger, more central in the screen, nearer to the board, etc.

Thanks in advance,

Erwin van Doeselaar, 

Groningen, NL.

himath2009

Something is messing up the allignment of certain items, e.g. Rating stats in the Home page, or the Chess Board floating all over match notes in the individual team match page (see below)...

Strangely enough, this happens only on the wide screen at work (IE9). When the same pages are opened with an i-pad, the allignment is just fine...

Btw, please get that browser recommendation banner off our Home Page (currently residing at the top right corner), it does not belong there...

Lorgen

As one would expect of the staff here, screwed again. Seems like people get bored with what works and must destroy it after a while. Probably not the last time it'll happen. Such is life.

chess_kebabs

himath2009, might be worth quitting your browser, emptying the cache and trying again. I find that sometimes fixes glitches for me.

Martin_Stahl
himath2009 wrote:

Btw, please get that browser recommendation banner off our Home Page (currently residing at the top right corner), it does not belong there...

What browser are you using to get that screen shot? You say IE 9 at work but are you sure it is IE9? I don't have the notification in my home page (using Aurora 13.0a2 -- bascially Firefox 13 alpha). I would assume that the only people getting that are those using an older broswer, or one with the User Agent string set to an older browser.

If that is the case, then it is very likely that comes up because whatever browser is being used doesn't fully support some to of the code used on the site and will probably cause rendering/layout issues.

himath2009
chess_kebabs wrote:

himath2009, might be worth quitting your browser, emptying the cache and trying again. I find that sometimes fixes glitches for me.

Thank you, Babs, I'll give it a try... Will that make the browser recommendation banner dissappear as well?... Smile

chess_kebabs
himath2009 wrote:
chess_kebabs wrote:

Thank you, Babs, I'll give it a try... Will that make the browser recommendation banner dissappear as well?...

Good luck, and not sure about the browser recommendation banner. I can't see that  myself.

Cyber19

AJAX text editor is triggering some problems on classic mobile phones.

Messages is not sent.

himath2009
chess_kebabs wrote:
himath2009 wrote:
chess_kebabs wrote:

Thank you, Babs, I'll give it a try... Will that make the browser recommendation banner dissappear as well?...

Good luck, and not sure about the browser recommendation banner. I can't see that  myself.

No, Babs, its not working I ve cleared everything but the allingment is still a mess...