Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

New Site Design Feedback

• 2 years ago · Quote · #661

ivandh

That's odd, I have a widescreen but the background takes up maybe 15-20%. What's your resolution set to?

• 2 years ago · Quote · #662

TheGrobe

1920x1080

• 2 years ago · Quote · #663

BorgQueen

1920 x 1080 here.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #664

ivandh

Ok. I'm on a laptop with only 1366x768, that explains it.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #665

kenneth67

kenneth67 wrote:
    chukirov wrote:

It is impossible to play on my BlackBerry.....a problem I never faced with the old site

I am managing to play on my Blackberry Torch 9800. Initially it would allow me to play for a few days and then the download software crashed, but recently it seems to be working ok. http://www.chess.com/play/mobile-chess.html is the link, and then choose 'phones with Java'. I remember that Kohai had a further link if the one above gives problems (can't remember where to find it - you'll have to browse the forums).

aargh!! ...I spoke too soon. After a couple of weeks of playing mobile chess with no problems, I now get a whitescreen. What is the reason for chess.com not supporting BlackBerry?

• 2 years ago · Quote · #666

brusselsshrek

In the past each tactical puzzle had an analysis page. Where has that gone?! Surely getting rid of that is not an intended "improvement"?!!

• 2 years ago · Quote · #667

StrategicPlay

We don't get VC alerts anymore!!!

• 2 years ago · Quote · #668

DeepGreene

brusselsshrek wrote:

In the past each tactical puzzle had an analysis page. Where has that gone?! Surely getting rid of that is not an intended "improvement"?!!

Try opening the Analysis Board! :)

• 2 years ago · Quote · #669

enb

• 2 years ago · Quote · #670

enb

soooooo many comments #722

• 2 years ago · Quote · #671

DeepGreene

StrategicPlay wrote:

I do. Anyone else having this issue?

• 2 years ago · Quote · #672

DeepGreene

gmeillonc wrote:

Besides it is impossible to navigate the site with and iPhone, the iPhone app can't load Videos either. A total mess.

A number of Videos that were recorded using our old method are encoded in a way that the iOS video player doesn't like, but the vast majority of videos play fine. That issue is not redesign-related.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #673

chess_kebabs

DeepGreene wrote:
    StrategicPlay wrote:

I do. Anyone else having this issue?

I'm getting them.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #674

brusselsshrek

Your sarcastic suggestion DeepGreene doesn't help at all. I repeat my complaint that the Tactics Trainer had in the past a page showing each of the major lines with an evaluation of their value. This does not appear to be there any more.

DeepGreene wrote:

brusselsshrek wrote:

Try opening the Analysis Board! :)

• 2 years ago · Quote · #675

saksipotku

No, brusselsshrek, each tactics trainer problem has never had a View Analysis & Source page, if that's what you mean. I think that at least out of those problems that I face, about 70% had that page in the old design, and about 70% still do.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #676

chukirov

kenneth67 wrote:
    chukirov wrote:

It is impossible to play on my BlackBerry.....a problem I never faced with the old site

I am managing to play on my Blackberry Torch 9800. Initially it would allow me to play for a few days and then the download software crashed, but recently it seems to be working ok. http://www.chess.com/play/mobile-chess.html is the link, and then choose 'phones with Java'. I remember that Kohai had a further link if the one above gives problems (can't remember where to find it - you'll have to browse the forums).

tnx a lot kenneth67

• 2 years ago · Quote · #677

StayAtHomeWifeAndMom

I got the chess.com iPhone app and ever since then I've been penalized as someone aborting/abandoning games I didn't know I had done because my iPhone signal isn't the best any way to make the iPhone app a little more patient with those having a crumby signal I usually never abort a game with a player :/ I love chess.com

• 2 years ago · Quote · #678

DeepGreene

StayAtHomeWifeAndMom wrote:

I got the chess.com iPhone app and ever since then I've been penalized as someone aborting/abandoning games I didn't know I had done because my iPhone signal isn't the best any way to make the iPhone app a little more patient with those having a crumby signal I usually never abort a game with a player :/ I love chess.com

We're testing a fix for this issue right now!

• 2 years ago · Quote · #679

chess_kebabs

You rock Michael (DeepGreene) 

chess.com is lucky to have you on staff.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #680

Fantasto

Here are some more issues:

1. How do we see all players online in a group? Seems the display is limited to 12.
    2. A couple of malfunctions in the tournament handling department: first, when we delete a player, the system takes us back to page 1 instead of the one we're on at the time; second: during registration, when we try to open a player's home page the system doesn't do it, but just reopens the tournament page itself.
    3. Posting generally: I regularly find I have to left click 3 times before the system responds and accepts what I'm typing.
    4. Bullet points / numbers are disappearing from sent messages

Post your reply: