• 3 years ago · Quote · #661

TheGrobe

1920x1080

• 3 years ago · Quote · #662

BorgQueen

1920 x 1080 here.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #663

ivandh

Ok. I'm on a laptop with only 1366x768, that explains it.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #664

kenneth67

kenneth67 wrote:
    chukirov wrote:

It is impossible to play on my BlackBerry.....a problem I never faced with the old site

I am managing to play on my Blackberry Torch 9800. Initially it would allow me to play for a few days and then the download software crashed, but recently it seems to be working ok. http://www.chess.com/play/mobile-chess.html is the link, and then choose 'phones with Java'. I remember that Kohai had a further link if the one above gives problems (can't remember where to find it - you'll have to browse the forums).

aargh!! ...I spoke too soon. After a couple of weeks of playing mobile chess with no problems, I now get a whitescreen. What is the reason for chess.com not supporting BlackBerry?

• 3 years ago · Quote · #665

brusselsshrek

In the past each tactical puzzle had an analysis page. Where has that gone?! Surely getting rid of that is not an intended "improvement"?!!

• 3 years ago · Quote · #666

StrategicPlay

We don't get VC alerts anymore!!!

• 3 years ago · Quote · #667

DeepGreene

brusselsshrek wrote:

In the past each tactical puzzle had an analysis page. Where has that gone?! Surely getting rid of that is not an intended "improvement"?!!

Try opening the Analysis Board! :)

• 3 years ago · Quote · #668

aquascaper

• 3 years ago · Quote · #669

aquascaper

soooooo many comments #722

• 3 years ago · Quote · #670

DeepGreene

StrategicPlay wrote:

I do. Anyone else having this issue?

• 3 years ago · Quote · #671

DeepGreene

gmeillonc wrote:

Besides it is impossible to navigate the site with and iPhone, the iPhone app can't load Videos either. A total mess.

A number of Videos that were recorded using our old method are encoded in a way that the iOS video player doesn't like, but the vast majority of videos play fine. That issue is not redesign-related.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #672

chess_kebabs

DeepGreene wrote:
    StrategicPlay wrote:

I do. Anyone else having this issue?

I'm getting them.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #673

brusselsshrek

Your sarcastic suggestion DeepGreene doesn't help at all. I repeat my complaint that the Tactics Trainer had in the past a page showing each of the major lines with an evaluation of their value. This does not appear to be there any more.

DeepGreene wrote:

brusselsshrek wrote:

Try opening the Analysis Board! :)

• 3 years ago · Quote · #674

saksipotku

No, brusselsshrek, each tactics trainer problem has never had a View Analysis & Source page, if that's what you mean. I think that at least out of those problems that I face, about 70% had that page in the old design, and about 70% still do.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #675

chukirov

kenneth67 wrote:
    chukirov wrote:

It is impossible to play on my BlackBerry.....a problem I never faced with the old site

I am managing to play on my Blackberry Torch 9800. Initially it would allow me to play for a few days and then the download software crashed, but recently it seems to be working ok. http://www.chess.com/play/mobile-chess.html is the link, and then choose 'phones with Java'. I remember that Kohai had a further link if the one above gives problems (can't remember where to find it - you'll have to browse the forums).

tnx a lot kenneth67

• 3 years ago · Quote · #676

StayAtHomeWifeAndMom

I got the chess.com iPhone app and ever since then I've been penalized as someone aborting/abandoning games I didn't know I had done because my iPhone signal isn't the best any way to make the iPhone app a little more patient with those having a crumby signal I usually never abort a game with a player :/ I love chess.com

• 3 years ago · Quote · #677

DeepGreene

StayAtHomeWifeAndMom wrote:

I got the chess.com iPhone app and ever since then I've been penalized as someone aborting/abandoning games I didn't know I had done because my iPhone signal isn't the best any way to make the iPhone app a little more patient with those having a crumby signal I usually never abort a game with a player :/ I love chess.com

We're testing a fix for this issue right now!

• 3 years ago · Quote · #678

chess_kebabs

You rock Michael (DeepGreene) 

chess.com is lucky to have you on staff.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #679

Fantasto

Here are some more issues:

1. How do we see all players online in a group? Seems the display is limited to 12.
    2. A couple of malfunctions in the tournament handling department: first, when we delete a player, the system takes us back to page 1 instead of the one we're on at the time; second: during registration, when we try to open a player's home page the system doesn't do it, but just reopens the tournament page itself.
    3. Posting generally: I regularly find I have to left click 3 times before the system responds and accepts what I'm typing.
    4. Bullet points / numbers are disappearing from sent messages
  • 3 years ago · Quote · #680

saksipotku

And here's still one issue: when you put your cursor over a player's name, it should show some information about him/her, precisely last online, points, rating, and trophy showcase. I think these should all be neatly in a white square that opens above your cursor. However, at least with my Internet Explorer, the left hand side information lacks correct alignment, goes all messy, and is displayed below the white box, while the right hand side information is in the box just as it should be.

Post your reply: