Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

New Site Design Feedback

• 2 years ago · Quote · #661

George1st

[COMMENT DELETED]
  • 2 years ago · Quote · #662

kenneth67

chukirov wrote:

It is impossible to play on my BlackBerry.....a problem I never faced with the old site

I am managing to play on my Blackberry Torch 9800. Initially it would allow me to play for a few days and then the download software crashed, but recently it seems to be working ok. http://www.chess.com/play/mobile-chess.html is the link, and then choose 'phones with Java'. I remember that Kohai had a further link if the one above gives problems (can't remember where to find it - you'll have to browse the forums).

• 2 years ago · Quote · #663

jabronii

Mobile site on iPhone working great now. Chess.com FTW

• 2 years ago · Quote · #664

Rogwilco

jabronii wrote:

Mobile site on iPhone working great now. Chess.com FTW

?

Not here it isn't.  Game explorer is all messed up, parts of screen missing etc.  The app works fine unless you want to actually view the site.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #665

TheGrobe

It would have been nice if this update was used as the opportunity to make better use of the horizontal screenspace available to those of us with wide screens.  Currently, over 50% of my screen is grey background.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #666

BorgQueen

Most sites do this these days.  Very annoying for everyone who has a screen resolution greater than 600px wide.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #667

ivandh

That's odd, I have a widescreen but the background takes up maybe 15-20%. What's your resolution set to?

• 2 years ago · Quote · #668

TheGrobe

1920x1080

• 2 years ago · Quote · #669

BorgQueen

1920 x 1080 here.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #670

ivandh

Ok. I'm on a laptop with only 1366x768, that explains it.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #671

kenneth67

kenneth67 wrote:
    chukirov wrote:

It is impossible to play on my BlackBerry.....a problem I never faced with the old site

I am managing to play on my Blackberry Torch 9800. Initially it would allow me to play for a few days and then the download software crashed, but recently it seems to be working ok. http://www.chess.com/play/mobile-chess.html is the link, and then choose 'phones with Java'. I remember that Kohai had a further link if the one above gives problems (can't remember where to find it - you'll have to browse the forums).

aargh!! ...I spoke too soon. After a couple of weeks of playing mobile chess with no problems, I now get a whitescreen. What is the reason for chess.com not supporting BlackBerry?

• 2 years ago · Quote · #672

brusselsshrek

In the past each tactical puzzle had an analysis page. Where has that gone?! Surely getting rid of that is not an intended "improvement"?!!

• 2 years ago · Quote · #673

StrategicPlay

We don't get VC alerts anymore!!!

• 2 years ago · Quote · #674

DeepGreene

brusselsshrek wrote:

In the past each tactical puzzle had an analysis page. Where has that gone?! Surely getting rid of that is not an intended "improvement"?!!

Try opening the Analysis Board! :)

• 2 years ago · Quote · #675

enb

• 2 years ago · Quote · #676

enb

soooooo many comments #722

• 2 years ago · Quote · #677

DeepGreene

StrategicPlay wrote:

I do. Anyone else having this issue?

• 2 years ago · Quote · #678

DeepGreene

gmeillonc wrote:

Besides it is impossible to navigate the site with and iPhone, the iPhone app can't load Videos either. A total mess.

A number of Videos that were recorded using our old method are encoded in a way that the iOS video player doesn't like, but the vast majority of videos play fine. That issue is not redesign-related.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #679

chess_kebabs

DeepGreene wrote:
    StrategicPlay wrote:

I do. Anyone else having this issue?

I'm getting them.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #680

brusselsshrek

Your sarcastic suggestion DeepGreene doesn't help at all. I repeat my complaint that the Tactics Trainer had in the past a page showing each of the major lines with an evaluation of their value. This does not appear to be there any more.

DeepGreene wrote:

brusselsshrek wrote:

Try opening the Analysis Board! :)

Post your reply: