Forums

New Site Design Feedback

Sort:
gilmdra

i had a little problem in the tactics trainer. the option to stop when it is solved was already in, i solved the first one and it did not count. after that i choose the option to automaticly pass to the next one and everything was ok, but i solved 4, instead of the 3 that i can do each day

SusanG

On the online chess page I would rather see how long I, or my opponent has to move, instead of the time since the last move.

Also, there seems to be a bug, as it says I have two pages of current games, but they both look exactly the same.

lph
gilmdra wrote:

i had a little problem in the tactics trainer. the option to stop when it is solved was already in, i solved the first one and it did not count. after that i choose the option to automaticly pass to the next one and everything was ok, but i solved 4, instead of the 3 that i can do each day

when they set-up the new format it gave you ten free demo they don't count against your stats

blea

I like the new look! you guys rock! best chess website!

First time when i joined, i found it hard to use, many links on top menu, now they are arranged way better, and look is smooth and pleasant.

Thank you!

JinLun

How can you tell how many games or how many time outs a new opponent has???

Imaginary_Opposition
JinLun wrote:

always something i like to know as well...

not sure how to get to the daily puzzle game yet either.

it's improving though, the current games have moved back to the main screen where they were...

AndTheLittleOneSaid
Imaginary_Opposition wrote:
JinLun wrote:

always something i like to know as well...

not sure how to get to the daily puzzle game yet either.

it's improving though, the current games have moved back to the main screen where they were...

You can get to it through the forums: http://www.chess.com/forum/category/daily-puzzles

The link on the main page doesn't seem to work yet.

EDIT: It's back under Learn. Tongue out

arborvitian

On a completely positive note, now that I've spent some time with the new board sound effects, I'm really starting to like them.

SenilePinkHipster

1. As others have probably pointed out already, the daily puzzle is harder to get to than before. In the old design you only had to click on the puzzle and you got there instantly. Now it directs you to the forum board where you have to click two more times to get to the puzzle.

2. The posts in a topic are divided with quite a thin and grey line. With certain themes that have grey backgrounds these lines are almost invisible and makes the topic boards seem chaotic and unorganized to me. The color or size of these lines should be changeable in these themes. With blank white themes like the standard chess.com one it's just fine.

I haven't had time to check everything out yet, but I'll let you know when an improvement comes to mind.

arborvitian

The newly restored link to the Daily Puzzle on the Learn menu (thank you) links incorrectly, and takes you to the top level Forums page.

himath2009

Balachandar wrote: How to look at the number of team matches and vote chess games in progress for a group? At the moment you can do it only through the Group's Public Profile... 

Richard
[COMMENT DELETED]
Richard

Thank you very much Erik and staff for the quick and effective improvements,

Its also very commendable to see how active you are in listening and addressing the opinions of the members :)

Great service :)

Regards

Hydra

adriano81

sorry if I indicate something already been mentioned, I can't check every post in a short time... anyway here is my list:

• EMPTY GROUP PAGE (please add list of forums like in previous chess.com version and something else cause group page now is very empty, we need to use space more effective)
  • WEBSITE FROM IPHONE IS CUTTING BOARD FOR TWO ROWS (also it cuts all comments, so there is no possibility to see full chess board (there is no and b row) as well in online chess)
  • PLEASE PUT MESSAGES ALERT AT THE TOP IN ALERTS (...and then should go Group Activity, Tournament Games, Vote Chess Games, Team Match Games and only then Chess Games (they are friendly why we should put them above Team Match Games???)
  • LINK FIRST NEW COMMENT DOESN'T WORK (example: http://www.chess.com/groups/team_match.html?id=108335&ncc=1#first_new_comment)
  • FINISHED GAMES AT PLAYER PAGE INCLUDES LIVE & ONLINE GAMES ALLTOGETHER (they really need to be separated like in previous version of chess.com)
Gert-Jan

I have a suggestion. When a friend of mine writes an article I get a note. When I click on the note then the screen shows the lists of all articles and blogs. I think it would be an improvement that when you click on the note that  you can choose the option to open the article or blog or comment directly instead of showing me the list  of articles. It makes it easier to read all the comments and articles of the people I follow. (if my english is confusion please sent me a pm and I will explain). 

What i most like about the new design is that you can see all the ratings in one view.

Imaginary_Opposition
AndTheLittleOneSaid wrote:
Imaginary_Opposition wrote:not sure how to get to the daily puzzle game yet either.

You can get to it through the forums: http://www.chess.com/forum/category/daily-puzzles

The link on the main page doesn't seem to work yet.

EDIT: It's back under Learn. 

ty for the link...

maybe the main page link will be fixed sometime soon, there still seem a few things need tweaking.

PardalsemCasa

New comments is too far bellow and it's as important as notes... Notes should be in the right frame, between alerts and ratings... As it used to be...

That's it... New format are looking good... Thank you very much...

adriano81
PardalsemCasa wrote:

New comments is too far bellow and it's as important as notes... Notes should be in the right frame, between alerts and ratings... As it used to be...

That's it... New format are looking good... Thank you very much...

as for me home page is OK... I mean notes above new comments... but we need to have MESSAGE more visible and attentionable

PardalsemCasa

Notes in the right would give better balance between columns...

CoconutTiger

the design is awesome.. but its horrible on mobile browser.

i use opera mini 6.5 i can't add comments under vote chess or anywhere else.. please fix it.