Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

New Site Design Feedback

• 2 years ago · Quote · #841

davrosFTM

There's more bugs here than in "starship troopers!"

• 2 years ago · Quote · #842

DrPhil

chrisr2212 wrote:

would "back to the old layout" be a cure-all ?

It is conceivable there are some bugs that would not be fixed by it, but even after two months, I find the new format more cumbersome, slower, missing loads of useful stuff (latest find: link to vote chess leaderboard is gone.. Yell), not working well with any version of IE and uglier to boot.

Bringing back the old code would in fact solve a lot more problems than it would (re)create, from a user perspective. The slow speed at which stuff is adressed isn't helpful either.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #843

dilorenzo63aes

Problems ive noticed:

1.  No time display (or ratings either) except for opponent on live chess

2.  Tactics Trainer freezing frequently

3. Also, try against computer used to work, no more.

4.  Board is crazy small on full board mode.  Oh ya, i only have the problem with no time showing up on simple mode. 

• 2 years ago · Quote · #844

chessplayer11

DrPhil wrote:

IE is still the most used browser; and any self respecting site should work with all of the top 5 browsers).

IE hasn't been the most used since 2008. Firefox passed it up long ago and Chrome is actually used the most right now, just beating out FF.
    It is still in the top 5 however.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #845

TheGrobe

I'm getting used to it but I'd still like more contrast

• 2 years ago · Quote · #846

DrPhil

chessplayer11 wrote:

IE hasn't been the most used since 2008. Firefox passed it up long ago and Chrome is actually used the most right now, just beating out FF.
    It is still in the top 5 however.

Depends on who you ask: http://gs.statcounter.com/#browser-ww-monthly-201105-201204

And while I couldnt dig up the number for corporate users, I suspect IE has a bigger share there - so no IE means a lot of people cannot go for a quick visit to their chess games during a coffee break....

• 2 years ago · Quote · #847

netzach

ilmago wrote:

netzach, have you already chosen one team's side for that vote chess game? Before that, one will not be allowed to see any side's team comments, of course.

Yes of course Mago. Have chosen side, voted & submitted move, ticked tracking-box at bottom...

None of the team-members can see team-comment button !  Smile

http://www.chess.com/votechess/game.html?id=27536

• 2 years ago · Quote · #848

lph

netzach wrote:
    ilmago wrote:

netzach, have you already chosen one team's side for that vote chess game? Before that, one will not be allowed to see any side's team comments, of course.

Yes of course Mago. Have chosen side, voted & submitted move, ticked tracking-box at bottom...

None of the team-members can see team-comment button !  

http://www.chess.com/votechess/game.html?id=27536

he is right only public comment shows, but are actauly viewing team comment (the tab has been omitted for some reason )

• 2 years ago · Quote · #849

Rogwilco

Lack of info on screen is annoying compared to the old version.  Seems you have to do a lot of digging to view things like other players ratings and so on.  Half the time I don't bother now which I presume is good for the server traffic/load but its a bit annoying when you are a paying member.  I've asked this before but have never had an answer - are the changes due to server load?  If not then why change or simply add these things back in.

Also Iphone browser.... *dies*

• 2 years ago · Quote · #850

DeepGreene

Rogwilco wrote:

Lack of info on screen is annoying compared to the old version.  Seems you have to do a lot of digging to view things like other players ratings and so on.  Half the time I don't bother now which I presume is good for the server traffic/load but its a bit annoying when you are a paying member.  I've asked this before but have never had an answer - are the changes due to server load?  If not then why change or simply add these things back in.

Also Iphone browser.... *dies*

We are definitely behind where we wanted to be by now, as regards the mobile browser experience - but we know it needs to be better and we're working on it.

As for the stuff that requires more digging, no, we didn't do anything to "hide" features that were server-intensive. Specifically what data is harder to access than before? In what way is it more difficult to discover a player's rating than previously?

• 2 years ago · Quote · #851

CBA

Ain't a big thing for me (I'm just fed up with Explorer!) but before you clicked on a name and saw their online chess stats. Now you click on a name, then click on activity, then click on online chess before you can see stuff such as highest rating, time per move etc

• 2 years ago · Quote · #852

DeepGreene

CBA wrote:

Ain't a big thing for me (I'm just fed up with Explorer!) but before you clicked on a name and saw their online chess stats. Now you click on a name, then click on activity, then click on online chess before you can see stuff such as highest rating, time per move etc

Ah yes, you have to expand the "Online" rating section to see the details (rank, best win, etc.). 

You have to click on a name and then click on "Activity"? I'm already on that tab when I click the name...

• 2 years ago · Quote · #853

CBA

I just clicked your name and was on the chess.com logo above the play...learn...share line.

But like I said, this was someone else's bugbear.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #854

gambit-man

DeepGreene wrote:

We are definitely behind where we wanted to be by now, as regards the mobile browser experience - but we know it needs to be better and we're working on it.

Is there a target time scale? A week? A month? A year?

• 2 years ago · Quote · #855

kco

hmm Team Comments is missing for me in the Vote chess, I am using chrome.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #857

netzach

& if you decide to click on '' public-comments '' amidst the confusion is no way back. You have to close & open the page again, is nuts !

(am not sure if comments are private anymore seems anyone can read ?)

• 2 years ago · Quote · #858

kco

also note that after I made a comment and post it, the team comment is not there for me to continue making any more comment.  

• 2 years ago · Quote · #859

netzach

In the '' archive '' team-comments button is visible:

• 2 years ago · Quote · #860

kco

netzach wrote:

& if you decide to click on '' public-comments '' amidst the confusion is no way back. You have to close & open the page again, is nuts !

Public Comments Archive Team Members

yep that is what I had to do too at the meantime.

Post your reply: