Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

New Site Design Feedback

• 2 years ago · Quote · #861

kco

hmm Team Comments is missing for me in the Vote chess, I am using chrome.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #863

netzach

& if you decide to click on '' public-comments '' amidst the confusion is no way back. You have to close & open the page again, is nuts !

(am not sure if comments are private anymore seems anyone can read ?)

• 2 years ago · Quote · #864

kco

also note that after I made a comment and post it, the team comment is not there for me to continue making any more comment.  

• 2 years ago · Quote · #865

netzach

In the '' archive '' team-comments button is visible:

• 2 years ago · Quote · #866

kco

netzach wrote:

& if you decide to click on '' public-comments '' amidst the confusion is no way back. You have to close & open the page again, is nuts !

Public Comments Archive Team Members

yep that is what I had to do too at the meantime.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #867

DeepGreene

We'll get this fixed as soon as possible.. When did the tab disappear?

• 2 years ago · Quote · #868

netzach

Quite recently DG last 48hrs or so ?

• 2 years ago · Quote · #869

The_Istrian

I don't like the new site format.  After over a month, I still feel like I'm entering a domain with unfamiliar landmarks.  Government mantra: "if it ain't broke, keep fixing it until it is broke".

• 2 years ago · Quote · #870

gambit-man

once again my question is overlooked.

i've had enough

• 2 years ago · Quote · #871

kco

there is no dead line or target time or whatsoever in this website.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #872

erik

gambit-man wrote:
    DeepGreene wrote:

We are definitely behind where we wanted to be by now, as regards the mobile browser experience - but we know it needs to be better and we're working on it.

Is there a target time scale? A week? A month? A year?

i have been pressuring our mobile developer daily to get things fixed. i am hoping to get some key mobile issues fixed within the week. 

what are the mobile issues that are most pressing for you?

• 2 years ago · Quote · #873

gambit-man

it's not mobile issues i'm concerned about, it's layout issues, functionality issues. it's a month a a half now since the changes were made, and so far as i can see (although i now use the site much less) things are all still in the wrong place, don't work or just aren't there at all.

i asked for a time scale, that was all

• 2 years ago · Quote · #874

kco

too lazy to navigate your way through the chess.com I suppose ?

• 2 years ago · Quote · #875

kco

gutartas wrote:

Vote chess Team comments has disappeared, as told above, and Arkive moves comments too

they are aware of this and they are working on it.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #876

gambit-man

kco wrote:

too lazy to navigate your way through the chess.com I suppose ?

nothing to do with laziness. the layout was messed up, the site is now no easier to navigate than any new site i might choose to use instead. But then i've been thinking for a while now that playing here has adversely affected my OTB game, so maybe it's time to quit internet chess altogether

• 2 years ago · Quote · #877

kco

excatly what are you having trouble with ?

• 2 years ago · Quote · #878

DrPhil

DeepGreene wrote:
     Specifically what data is harder to access than before? In what way is it more difficult to discover a player's rating than previously?

This is not mobile, but behind a normal PC:

- seeing a players detailed stats (including draw %, average opponent level etc, which can be more interesting than pure rating) used to be a simple two-click operation, now I can't find it at all anymore.

- despite some people saying otherwise, links to mail.chess.com are not to be found (if its a browser issue, I have it with both IE and chrome)

- vote chess leaderboard? Cannot be located.

- tournaments you joined but were eliminated from? Not showing under my tournaments anymore, untill they finished - which can take years.

Just to name the ones that I needed in the past 48 hours...

• 2 years ago · Quote · #879

kco

got the latest IE and Chrome ?

• 2 years ago · Quote · #880

DrPhil

@kco

I wish people would stop with that line. The site needs to work, also with with non-favored browsers and somewhat older versions. Not everyone has control over which browser their IT department installs. A self-respecting website just needs to work with any browser. Period.

And yes, AFAIK on my home PC, both are up-to-date.

Post your reply: