New Site Design Feedback

Sort:
Naakija

Nice Name for a Team !     Surprised

http://www.chess.com/groups/home/group-hug

bulletheadbilly

Your welcome. thanks for joining..i sent an invite 2 weeks ago...lol

Allegretta

I'm not quite sure how to contact Support, so will ask my question here.

How do you put in a new avatar/photo on your profile, with the new version?

I had a photo on before, but I decided to change from Allegretto, my original name, to Allegretta, because although as a pianist i liked having a tempo marking as my name, it bothered me that it ended in "o" when I'm female! But, when I changed it, i lost my picture! I couldn't get it back, and have tried putting in another, to no avail. Perhaps it's the wrong size?

or format? Before I remember it popped right in...??????

Thank you very much for helping!

Allegretta

Conflagration_Planet
Allegretta wrote:

I'm not quite sure how to contact Support, so will ask my question here.

How do you put in a new avatar/photo on your profile, with the new version?

I had a photo on before, but I decided to change from Allegretto, my original name, to Allegretta, because although as a pianist i liked having a tempo marking as my name, it bothered me that it ended in "o" when I'm female! But, when I changed it, i lost my picture! I couldn't get it back, and have tried putting in another, to no avail. Perhaps it's the wrong size?

or format? Before I remember it popped right in...??????

Thank you very much for helping!

Allegretta

I learned the hard way that you do indeed lose your picture when you change your name. It has to be 100 pixels or it won't work when you try to get it back, or get a new one.

netzach

The format of avatar-picture makes a difference after changes.

If you have the original image (up to 200 x 200 pixels is ok) then save a copy of that as a ''GIF'' file (as opposed to jpg). Try uploading that one to your profile & it should work.

Conflagration_Planet

Kohai told me 100.

bulletheadbilly

You Seem Pixalated on the sensation of not Downloading then Uploading...

kohai

Groups are 200 x 200 pixels.

Preferably png format

bulletheadbilly

Is Not a 100x100 10,000 megapixels and 200X200 40'000 Megapixels?,,,and if so, is not that alot...?

homernh
homernh wrote:

TT diagrams look fine if you are simply viewing a tactic.  However, if you attempt the problem and then scroll down through the comments to the diagram, the right edge is cut off.  Specifically, the Analyze button is there but the PGN button and everything above it are completely missing.  If you add a comment, the diagram will appear completely.

This bug appears to be fixed, thanks.

kohai

Ahh correction on my previous post, since the redesign avatars can now be 200 * 200 pixels, sorry about that

netzach

Thx Kohai. (changed what I wrote to 200 also)

Conflagration_Planet
kohai wrote:

Ahh correction on my previous post, since the redesign avatars can now be 200 * 200 pixels, sorry about that

This must be recent.

TheGrobe
Conflagration_Planet wrote:
kohai wrote:

This must be recent.

Yep.

bulletheadbilly

Thats 40,000 mega pexels right ? and if so, what is the Problem. thats alot of megapixels, or are we talking just pixels? not mega pixels. can i get some feedback on That...or do i have to put a ticket in ? 

i have uploaded photo's from my files to my avatar with no issues. is it ok if it is less? or it has to be on the Nose ?...

Master_Kaina

My personal recommendations

1)  Add a clear/transparent/glass "color" option to the pallet.  Laughing

2)  Allow better imaging/larger size for the avatar (from the "recommended" 200x200 to 420x420).  Smile

3)  Allow better user-control over the "Tracking" option (more specific targeting, etc.).  Frown

4)  Allow greater user-control over what information we want to keep public/confidential/shared only with friends, etc. (ie location, friends list, groups, games, about me, etc.)  Tongue Out

5)  Allow greater customization of our page layouts (where we want different frames, their sizes, etc.).  Wink

6)  Allow us to have different viewer-ratings for our homepage & groups to allow for adult themes with a different set of rules for those of us 18+ without worry of complaints & consequences of such.  Embarassed

7)  & a comment:  the full 'explore' options for premium members seems to offer the same advantage as using an engine!  Yell

8) & allowing us to 'save' a different avatar that automatically appears for each group we visit would be super-cool also! Cool

9) & adding a small (optional) pop-up chat bubble that we can open/close/minimize/resize/etc. (like on Facebook) so we can chat with friends whom are anywhere (not just at our notes/forums) would be cool too. Sealed

10) Also an auto-refresh option would sure be nice (notes, forums, & especially VC/SVC!) Surprised

There are probably other suggestions I had which I cannot think of at this time, & since I am not yet a premium member my voice may not carry as much weight on these matters.  I have only been "checking-out" this site for 2 months now, but I'm hooked! I originally came here to play chess but now I have also replaced my time on Facebook to be here instead!  At first I did not like the idea of having to pay to become a premium member (chess is free!) but now I'm thinking about it just for the creativity of starting my own team!  Undecided

Ok all staff, keep up the great work!  Money mouth

Allegretta

Although a few people have tried to help me, I still cannot seem to load a new (or my old) photo to be the avatar. I have a browse list that keeps coming up. Then I press "open," but nothing gets uploaded or downloaded.

All it does is ask me for the list again. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, or not knowing that i should do (probably a lot!!)

Please give me some step by step help, if possible! I'm really stuck!

Thank you so much!

Metastable

From your profile page, once you select it, the browse list disappears, then you have to click "save changes" down at the bottom of the page. They also recommend a picture size of I think 200x200 - jpg, png, or (i think) gif formats work.

netzach

Yes agree. Once the browse list goes away check that the name of the picture is now showing in text @ the avatar box? If it is then go to the bottom of page and ''save changes''.

(If not working change the ''view'' setting on your PC document/picture folder to ''thumbnails'' first)

Allegretta

Dear Metastable and netzach,

Thank you so much. As you can see, it worked!

Allegretta