Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

New Site Design Feedback

• 2 years ago · Quote · #1141

gambit-man

bcurtis wrote:

Would it be more useful to display hours for anything less than 3 days / 72 hours?

That would suit me down to a t, but i suspect there may be some people who prefer longer games of 7 or 14 days per move, and who might be away from a computer for longer periods, might disagree

• 2 years ago · Quote · #1142

bcurtis

Update: the "details" tab (and others) were accidentally caught in a general update of other fields. We're fixing that and it should show two units of time (days AND hours, or hours AND minutes) soon.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #1143

HessianWarrior

bcurtis wrote:

Update: the "details" tab (and others) were accidentally caught in a general update of other fields. We're fixing that and it should show two units of time (days AND hours, or hours AND minutes) soon.

That would be good, I used that information.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #1144

CBA

"We did not warn you about this change because it took us a bit by surprise. It was written last August as part of the site-translation project. Due to various things, it did not become active until Wednesday; by then, we had forgotten..."

With all due respect, does this sound like competence to you?

• 2 years ago · Quote · #1145

netzach

In the iterim may be best to display the remaining-time accurately in hour-format & dispose of days entirely ?

A related issue to this is VC-games currently being '' lost-on-time '' because of the new site-method queueing of alerts at 25-max & no.of comments. Move-alerts for VC are not being received & as a consequence games are inexplicably being lost-on-time.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #1146

DeepGreene

CBA wrote:

"We did not warn you about this change because it took us a bit by surprise. It was written last August as part of the site-translation project. Due to various things, it did not become active until Wednesday; by then, we had forgotten..."

That's significantly less than due respect. If your dissatisfaction is overwhelming your ability to be civil, go somewhere else.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #1147

homernh

I do appreciate the combined Analysis Board and Source on TT problems, especially with recent fix that allows text to scroll seperately from the board.  But I do miss the move list/ details tabs that no longer show up on the TT analysis board, the way they show up on a regular analysis board.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #1148

bulletheadbilly

I think staff is worried more about being respected, than handling the Issues At Hand.

i also think it is blatant disrespect by The stAFF member or members, who are responsable for the web browser crashing, "Google Chrome", and not responding to it.

it seems to me that , your silince is so golden, that we have to act up, because you are ignoring the main issues.

When can i relaunch my google chrome without it saying "Oh Snap" on almost every page?

• 2 years ago · Quote · #1149

CBA

DeepGreene wrote:
    CBA wrote:

That's significantly less than due respect. If your dissatisfaction is overwhelming your ability to be civil, go somewhere else.

That is wonderful. I have been here since the start and when I complain about things getting worse I am told to go elsewhere. Like I said, does this sound like competence?

• 2 years ago · Quote · #1150

bulletheadbilly

i went to look at 2 messages the mechanical turk sent me last night from NeeNeeboo, and one of the messages was from a russian team in russian, and the other was in italion or spanish...and these are supposed to be daily riddles from the star wars group in english.

and if that turk cant tell the right time, tell the right language, crash google, mess up chess games, change peoples birthdates, Etc,Etc,Etc, and you staff members want to hold on to that turk for dear life, then dont get irate, when we get irate, Go get counseling. If your unpaid staff, then ask for a raise, if you are Paid Staff, then Know this in your Chess Heart, That you are paid to be here,and i am paying to be here.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #1151

HessianWarrior

They are not trying to stiff us, just relax and ride it out. I'm sure it will all get fixed.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #1152

DrSpudnik

Too much is made of competence these days. Why just look at me! Wink

• 2 years ago · Quote · #1153

CBA

I don't mind incompetence. It's when people get all arsey when it's pointed out that bothers me.

I merely say that admitting you don't know what's happening (see above) and that you forget when/if it will be happening (ditto) isn't indicative of competence - and the reply is: **** off.

There's customer service for you!

• 2 years ago · Quote · #1154

HessianWarrior

DrSpudnik wrote:

Too much is made of competence these days. Why just look at me!Wink

Do I have too.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #1155

CBA

I disagree. I think telling customers of five-years standing to **** off for raising an issue is extremely professional. If you work for a rival chess site.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #1156

bulletheadbilly

"I Think they Took My Chess.com tv away for lipping off" ,amongst other perks, taken, i have been here along time also, so its best that you dont lip off too much CBA or the same could happen to you!

• 2 years ago · Quote · #1157

piphilologist

chrisr2212 wrote:
    DeepGreene wrote:
    CBA wrote:

honestly, this is not very professional

I agree

• 2 years ago · Quote · #1158

bulletheadbilly

its been over a week since chess.com Crashed my Google Chrome so many times That it says "Awe Snap" on almost page displayed on this site and needs to be restarted. i asked, almost every day, if the issues are corrected, and am purposely being ignored, Thats More uncivil than That Turk setting up tourneys.

you Want the Upmost Respect, and Yet won't reply about the Crashes.

every day, there are new issues that were not there the day befor, and most the old big issues, are still issues, Like Crashes. sure you can do a favor here and there, like block everybody's friend list. or put some thing from the bottem left to the top right, But, "Can You Keep A Brand new, Refreshed, Google Chrome From Crashing While Trying to Navigate Chess.com's Website". ???

• 2 years ago · Quote · #1159

bulletheadbilly

well gutartas, they have a forum in the redesign feedback group, of one of the staff members asaking for the addreses to the pages of the crashes, so that they can adress it. but, i had too many page crashes to write them all down....

• 2 years ago · Quote · #1160

netzach

Your problem BHB does sound like cached/pages contamination. You need to clear google-chrome history from beginning of time, click on '' about google-chrome '' to check you have latest-version & begin from there...

Post your reply: