Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

New Site Design Feedback

• 2 years ago · Quote · #1661

chess_kebabs

thanks again Kohai

• 2 years ago · Quote · #1662

chess_kebabs

And thanks Mr Lauri .. but what do you mean by matching teams ?

• 2 years ago · Quote · #1663

LauriAikio

There are teams with restricted activities. I.e. only Vote Chess teams, chattind teams, HQs and so on. If You search a Team, which plays TMs, please, do select so.     Smile

• 2 years ago · Quote · #1664

chess_kebabs

right.. got it ... Danke :)

• 2 years ago · Quote · #1665

DaBigOne

How many ppl here actually REMEMBER what the old look actually LOOKS like?

• 2 years ago · Quote · #1666

bulletheadbilly

It Looks New...

• 2 years ago · Quote · #1667

gambit-man

better than it does now...

• 2 years ago · Quote · #1668

pam234

Less like facebook.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #1669

DrPhil

And it was something that actually works in IE....

• 2 years ago · Quote · #1670

TheGrobe

DaBigOne wrote:

How many ppl here actually REMEMBER what the old look actually LOOKS like?

Use the Wayback Machine.  Look in February 2012:

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://chess.com

• 2 years ago · Quote · #1671

DrSpudnik

I wonder how many of the people who had a hissy fit with the most recent changes can even remember the stuff they were complaining about?

• 2 years ago · Quote · #1672

TheGrobe

It can be summed up in one word:

Change.

Change it back now, and I bet many of the same complainants would be just as up in arms.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #1673

gambit-man

DrSpudnik wrote:

I wonder how many of the people who had a hissy fit with the most recent changes can even remember the stuff they were complaining about?

yeah, you're right, there's so many different things that i can't remember all of them...

• 2 years ago · Quote · #1674

winerkleiner

DrSpudnik wrote:

I like the changes, but then again I like Alpo.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #1675

DrSpudnik

That explains the shiny coat.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #1676

winerkleiner

And my breath.

• 6 weeks ago · Quote · #1677

aerodarts

erik wrote:

Today was a wild day. The biggest change to Chess.com we've had in 5 years. You can read more about my thoughts here: http://www.chess.com/news/big-change-today-6465

Anyway, all day we've been reading feedback, answering questions, and working with our members on bugs. You have been VERY helpful - thank you!!

It's really hard to get everything perfect the first time through when you have hundreds of pages, so we appreciate your patience and reports. 

We've tried to address as many of the SPECIFIC comments we have heard about the new design, including:

- messed up themes (mostly fixed)
    - return games to middle of Home (done)
    - return "My Games Against" history (done)
    - broken text/comment editor (fixed)
    - wrong number of new messages (fixed)
    - messed up My Vote Chess link (fixed)
    - added in showing all group admins (done)
    - link to Daily Puzzle in nav (done)
    - major performance improvements (done)
    - ...a dozen more things I can't remember

I know that some people still aren't happy with the new design, and I respect that. I understand it. It's fair to not want the site to change. But I do want to let you know that we are 100% committed to moving FORWARD with this design. We will not be going back to the old design. And we will not be adding an option to use it. It's not even technically feasible at this point.

So, I hope that for those of you who still have some specific suggestions on what you would like fixed and improved, PLEASE LET US KNOW! But again, I urge you to take any energy and time you are spending on wishing the site would go back to the old design, and now focus that energy on making positive contributions of how we can improve things from here moving forward. If you don't like where a button is, let us know! If you don't like a color, let us know! If you don't like where something is, let us know! If you don't like that something is in a different place, let us know! That is all helpful.

But what is not helpful is just saying "the old one was better" or "i hate this" or "i can't find anything". Those are not specific things and don't help us improve things. So again, I urge you to try to accept that we are where we are and that we are moving forward.   

Please know that as the co-founder and "dad" of Chess.com, nobody loves and cares about this site as much as I do (well, maybe Kohai...). But I think about Chess.com every waking moment and I'm trying my best to improve it every day.

I look forward to improving the site in every way possible and appreciate your support in making it happen!

Sincerely, 

Erik

is there  guide page that is labeled for each item we are able to design? I have figured out some of them, but I make a change and then say it and go back to the main page and check it out...over and over again. Anyone knows a easy way to make the changes instead of trial and error.

Post your reply: