Forums

New Site Design Feedback

Sort:
DeepGreene

Ok, thanks.. That needs some research, for sure. Even if it were working perfectly, I must admit I'm not super-fond of the way the app forces you to decide: Accept (now) or Reject (now) when you get hit with a Friend request.

At least, it should be Ignore or Accept in that context.

chess_kebabs

Michael, want to send me a friend request and I will log off and see what appears on my iphone?

winerkleiner

With this newest upgrade (June 4th) I can't seem to post messages, will this be a temporary problem I hope?

Naakija

"We´ll be back in no time !", said Chess.com this morning.

30 minutes was 93 long !!!   SurprisedLaughing

Please, could You be more precise ?!  (=Inaccuracy-mark)

winerkleiner

I can't sent messages to any of my friends, the send/reply box isn't showing.

chess_kebabs
winerkleiner wrote:

I can't sent messages to any of my friends, the send/reply box isn't showing.

I assume Jerome yo  mean when you click on a friend's profile and after you click on SEND A MESSAGE  you can't see the SEND button? It's showing when I try to send a message. Also can see the REPLY button if try to reply to someone.

chess_kebabs
LauriAikio wrote:

"We´ll be back in no time !", said Chess.com this morning.

30 minutes was 93 long !!!   

Please, could You be more precise ?!  (=Inaccuracy-mark)

Assume the developers either had hiccups or it took longer than they anticipated. Sometimes it's difficult to predict how long a job/jobs will take especially when problems crop up. 

DeepGreene

Is the can't-send-messages problem cleared up for all?

Looks good from here.

DeepGreene
chess_kebabs wrote:

Michael, want to send me a friend request and I will log off and see what appears on my iphone?

You're using the iPhone app, yes? Not the main site via the iPhone's browser?

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=329218549&mt=8

ColinStrong

I was using the phone app last night. I made a move in a game. The position in the next game was lost, so I resigned. However it registered as resign in the previous game, which was still in its early stages.

DeepGreene
Fatman102 wrote:

I was using the phone app last night. I made a move in a game. The position in the next game was lost, so I resigned. However it registered as resign in the previous game, which was still in its early stages.

:-0

Do you remember whether it was your move or the other guy's in the game you meant to resign? I'll try to reproduce this ASAP.

ColinStrong

It was my move. I made my move against Chessboy1988. The board came up for the next game which was against Frank-A. I realised I had blundered the previous move and he had taken advantage of it, so I resigned. The next game to come up was the new game against Chessboy1988. I had to resign again against Frank-A.

DeepGreene

Thanks... Will research immediately.

bulletheadbilly

why does the mechanichal Turk have a reply button..when we cant reply? why doews it direct us to send a friends request, when he only reply's to friends but wont accept a friends request...why does it have a invite to a group button....that issue has been around for a long time and is missleading..........it makes the whole system seem redundantly lacking common sense......

please help.....

the longer that Mechanical Turk, cant Compute a Friends request, the longer he looks like a Clown, trying to run a chess sight...

Naakija

I have a fly in my ear.   Laughing

bulletheadbilly

well put a piece of hamburger in your other ear and lure him out....

Naakija

I tried it already, not working for me.

bulletheadbilly

well then write him off as a dependant on your Taxes...

Joseph-S

Before, when a friend request was sent, you could decline with the opportunity to give a reason.  Now the decline doesn't give you that option.

How could someone that programmed the site fairly well before, have programmed the so-called upgrade not nearly so well?  How?

chess_kebabs
[COMMENT DELETED]