Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

New Site Design Feedback

• 2 years ago · Quote · #1121

chess_kebabs

paul211 wrote:

Not sure why a new feature called pause was not added in a new design and it would have been nice to add a pause  game button to any online game played before playing the next move.

Why a pause button you ask? Well when I play unrated games with no take back moves against an opponent, some challengers do not know how to challenge with take back moves they simply challenge with an unrated game. As a coach I would like to ask my opponent some questions or make a suggestion before she/he makes the final move.

Naturally the pause button would keep the clock ticking and if the time alloted to play the next move is exceeded the so be it and the challenger looses the game, fair and square.

If you're planning to coach someone Paul and they send you a challenge without selecting  the 'takeback' option, isn't it easy enough to cancel the challenge and send a challenge yourself with it selected or asking them to? I think this would be much easier than having a code written for it, especially when the odds of it being a frequent problem for many would be very minimal, and especially how the takeback option allows you to pause in a way by taking back and discussing better options for a particular move.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #1122

chess_kebabs

Happy Anniversary to EVERYONE!

Amazing how we all joined the site on the same day, May 24...

and err.. we all joined today, so  not really an anniversary.. :)

• 2 years ago · Quote · #1123

LauriAikio

• 2 years ago · Quote · #1124

chess_kebabs

btw, this bug which shows our join date as TODAY was around last Tuesday also,  but it only seemed to affect those with certain browsers.. now it seems to have affected everyone. 

• 2 years ago · Quote · #1125

LauriAikio

Erik is no longer Metusalem !   Laughing

• 2 years ago · Quote · #1126

chess_kebabs

Who and what is Metusalem? Originator?

• 2 years ago · Quote · #1127

lph

hey I was born today, join today, and last login today

• 2 years ago · Quote · #1128

DrPhil

Same here.

Major kudos to chess.com though. The website remains on the buggy side (to say the least), but they did discover the potion of eternal youth!

• 2 years ago · Quote · #1129

LauriAikio

• 2 years ago · Quote · #1130

Barkingtiger

why has everybody joined today, everyone's birthday today and everyone's highest rating was achieved today??

• 2 years ago · Quote · #1131

chess_kebabs

Born being able to play chess - hoping to be a Grandmaster by 3 years old !

• 2 years ago · Quote · #1132

LauriAikio

Why didn´t they nullify the points, profile views and ratings too ?!

• 2 years ago · Quote · #1133

LauriAikio

Maybe next time ?   Undecided

• 2 years ago · Quote · #1134

lph

chess_kebabs wrote:

Hey you already have the ability to:

read & write

use a computer

So Grandmaster no problem 2 years tops

• 2 years ago · Quote · #1135

Metastable

It's showing all my online games with today as the completion date as well!

• 2 years ago · Quote · #1136

chess_kebabs

lph wrote:
    chess_kebabs wrote:

Hey you already have the ability to:

read & write

use a computer

So Grandmaster no problem 2 years tops

I think we have travelled forwards into the future.. maybe 100,000  years... where superbabies born  are programmed to do be able to accomplish at birth what would take many years in the 'olden' days. 

• 2 years ago · Quote · #1137

JPatSoCal

I noticed that the Tournaments page has just been changed to show all active tournaments in which you played, even if you have been eliminated.

For a while there, it only showed tournaments in which you were still active.  I would like to see the user be able to choose...once again, I have no idea how to find out which tournaments I am active in without clicking on each of the 30 or so active tournaments in which I played, most of which I have been eliminated from.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #1138

DeepGreene

JPatSoCal wrote:

I noticed that the Tournaments page has just been changed to show all active tournaments in which you played, even if you have been eliminated.

For a while there, it only showed tournaments in which you were still active.  I would like to see the user be able to choose...once again, I have no idea how to find out which tournaments I am active in without clicking on each of the 30 or so active tournaments in which I played, most of which I have been eliminated from.

You should be able to tell the difference at a glance. The problem is that the icons are not displaying properly. We'll get this fixed ASAP.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #1139

DrPhil

In fact, thanks for getting the ones where you were eliminated back!

Next step: making sure the site isn't populated by newborns :p (see above)

• 2 years ago · Quote · #1140

DeepGreene

Yeah, I'm not seeing that... What page is showing incorrect dates?

Post your reply: