Forums

New Site Design Feedback

Sort:
TheGrobe

Well I hope you saved it to upholster your van.

Naakija

I do like the new outfit. Great move !  Just like in a chess game, hard times @ the Opening, messy in the Middle & Rewarding in the End.    Smile

gambit-man

i just typed out a dozen paragraphs or so to post in a forum topic in one of my groups. Upon pressing "Post Comment" button, the whole lot disappeared Yell

This didn't happen on the old format

bulletheadbilly

I think there is a 30 minute limit on posting, its been that way. if you take along time to post, its better to copy then post, and then paste it again.

if you took less than 30 minuts, then Bugsy did it...

gambit-man

it's quite possible it took more than 30 minutes, i'm not sure, i wasn't timing myself. there was no break of more than 2 minutes in my typing, why should it time out?

TheGrobe

The window in your browser's not in constant communication with the web server here at chess.com. It only checks in when you click a link or a button. The site doesn't know if you've been typing or have gone to the grocery store. Nonetheless, something should be done to preserve your content while you log back in after a time-out so that you can submit.

bulletheadbilly

That wood be a nice added feature. chess.com willing, because as far as i can see from the sticks of california, that woodbe some thing new, Like a bell or a whistle,, easy add on....Automatic Copy befor Post, so that if you take long to post, you can still paste it...

winerkleiner

Good idea!  I tried to post 100 movies titles and was "timed out" and it only allowed me to post 80, so maybe CC will implement something there.

bulletheadbilly

if i try and paste a a long Wikipedia paste i have to post it, look where it left off short, then copy paste again, again, and some time s more then thet to get the whole wikipedia article on the subject to fully paste. and that wood qualify as a new Bell or whistle also.....

winerkleiner

When we get a notice for a new My Tracked Activity comment it would help if somehow it could show who's comment is new, the way is it now is we must scroll through all friends' tracked comments to see which comment is the new tracked comment.  Perhaps it could show the comment in a different color-this could save a lot of time.

bulletheadbilly

That Turk, that chess.com are so proud of, never to let go, just Jipped me out of a game today on my Android.   i went to a game, and wanted to resign, and did so, only to have the same game pop up, and later today on my lab top, i see that the Turk resigned me on a game that i was dead even on.  

That Turk reminds me of Bob Marley when he Died. they Found 7 different species of bugs(lice) in his hair and 2 of them had never been discovered befor...

netzach
bulletheadbilly wrote:

That Turk reminds me of Bob Marley when he Died. they Found 7 different species of bugs(lice) in his hair and 2 of them had never been discovered befor...

Dubious relevance BHB ! However... :)

ColinStrong

I had a game reinstated as I had not really resigned. The only game I've resigned in twice!!

ColinStrong

Just happened to me again! I was told the problem had been found and fixed. I have sent a message to tourney controller asking to be reinstated.

Metastable

Text isn't properly spaced in current games title display - you're not reserving enough space for the time remaining. Firefox 13.0.1.  This was broken on zero-day, then you guys fixed it, but it's been broken again for the last week or so.

bulletheadbilly

That Bug That Resigns These Games on its own, or the wrong games on the Android, is one smart cookie. I personally Think, that somebody is Sabotaging, our Turk....

ColinStrong

I had another game I wanted to resign. I waited until I was on the computer again, just to be safe.

bulletheadbilly

What Happens and happened, is, that when i move and submit it on the android, It Goes to the Next Game But Leaves the prior Games Names up there. so when i resigned yesterday, it resigned the game befor the one i was really resigning. 

DeepGreene

Please check to see if you've got the latest Android version? I'm pretty sure we've already released a fix for this problem.

bulletheadbilly

i have been using this Android to play games less than 30 days, when was the latest version put out?