2014 Sinquefield Cup is LIVE! Open to ALL MEMBERS! Join GM Ashley, GM Seirawan and WGM Shahade! Click here to watch!
Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

no way to add friends at all?

• 2 years ago · Quote · #1

hypnoticexp

Call me crazy, but as an experienced developer I would expect at the very least there would be a mechanism to add friends other than submitting their email addresses.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #2

artfizz

Such as specifying their chess.com login - or right-clicking on their username: both of which work fine.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #3

Stinkbug22

If you have already joined and are not reffering the friend, just go to Share, members, type in their usename, and PRESTO! You can add friends.

• 23 months ago · Quote · #4

Manimal88

Nope, went to Share -> Members - tried to search some of the new users listed on the page and could not bring up any results with the search.

This is a problem as its driving away many who would otherwise use this site and app.

• 23 months ago · Quote · #5

artfizz

Manimal88 wrote:

Nope, went to Share -> Members - tried to search some of the new users listed on the page and could not bring up any results with the search.

This is a problem as its driving away many who would otherwise use this site and app.

Search Members does not work very well.

• 23 months ago · Quote · #6

Scottrf

Took me all of a few seconds.

• 23 months ago · Quote · #7

artfizz

Can you find teyler - one of the newest members. I can't.

• 23 months ago · Quote · #8

Scottrf

• 23 months ago · Quote · #9

artfizz

Can you find him by typing "teyler" into the 'Search Members' form? I can't.

• 23 months ago · Quote · #10

Scottrf

Na, there's obviously some delay.

Post your reply: