Forums

Number of Chessplayers Worldwide

Sort:
TheMagician

GMGarry Kasparov recently went to the British Parliament and Members of their Parliament supported increase by more than a 1000 schools to the British Chess in Schools Program. What a Noble cause Garry Kasparov. He knows how to give back to chess and I applaud him and his fellow GMS in the program as leaders among men!

Chess in Schools is for the betterment of Mankind looking at 'The Bigger Picture' and modern youth learning to accept discipline and responsibility for the consequenses of their actions through chess.

In Australia we have a very active Chess in Schools Program. Our current Australian Labour Party (in power with bad opinion polls) would be smart if they jumped on this Election Education Winner!!

I truly believe noone can comprehend just how many people know how to play chess.

Last night I was having a conversation with a friend in Gosford NSW MacDonalds Food Outlet. You all know the BIG M.

He did not believe the figures I was espousing.

So I said .Ok these are all young teenagers in here and none go to the local chess Club. Ill ask Staff, young customers, the lot of them.As I walked over I thought oh oh I chose the wrong bunch here!

I went over to a male n female Maccas cafe worker . The male said he could play chess. These two were about 19yrs

I then approached a group of three young girls whom I thought Id get a 0 out of 3.

Wrong Wrong Wrong. All three played Chess. I can only suspect they learnt from a Chess in Schools Program.

I started to ask another staff staffperson . She said no. The Mgr appeared not happy at the distraction to staff.

I then asked two other customers about 18 in their own group. Another played Chess!

Thats 5 out 7 R A N D O M !!!

For the record only one of my Chess Students that I know of are involved in Chess in Schools.

My friend Chess.com Coach Brendan Norman does coach many enthused young children who are involved in Chess in Schools programs.

FideMaster John Curtis Chess.comcoach

helltank

So you were the one that stumbled into the GMs Convention at McDonalds... the rumored "Flailing Poll-Man".

AndyClifton
TheMagician wrote:

Chess in Schools is for the betterment of Mankind looking at 'The Bigger Picture' and modern youth learning to accept discipline and responsibility for the consequenses of their actions through chess.

Sorry, but...what in the world are you on?

helltank

He's babbling about discipline.

Don't be xenophobic, aliens have their cultural differences.

AndyClifton

Oh right, he's from Australia...I'll have to ask my friend ock about this.

TheMagician

Your comments are greeted witrh applause!

I too am a rebel. However, I did not start really improving until I stopped throwing 'The Kitchen Sink' against my opponents and learnt 'The discipline of thinking before I move else the consequences were , no improvement, and many more lost games, overreaching positions.

I recall my tournament game against GM Lothar Schmidt in the Karlis Lidums Tournament many yrs ago where I refused to take a draw I had with Perpetual Check. It may have cost me a trip to the World Junior Championship. Okay I chased the GMS KIng up the board from F8 to my H5 and the game turned against me. Im still learning!

AndyClifton

helltank

Sreimund

this man is mad, that makes him interesting

AndyClifton

lol

nitheesh2001
[COMMENT DELETED]