Forums

Offering A Drawl For Point???

Sort:
CastedShadow

The longer I'm on this site the more stuff I see.It seems A lot of players are logging into games with high rated players.Shortly after the game begins they start offering them a drawl.Only after a few seconds into the game they start requesting drawl,after drawl after drawl trying to force players into accepting the drawl without ever making a move.

Why?

POINTS!!!

The way chess.com has their ratings set up weaker players have figured a way to increase their points by simply logging into a game with a high rated player.If the high rated player accepts,the the weaker play gets points for doing nothing.

Do this enough times and a weaker player can get a high rating that he or she simply did not earn.

I thank a drawl shouldn't be rated no matter who you are or how high your rating is.So what if you have a high rating and you accept a drawl from a lower rated member? But that is just my opinion.

But because drawls cost me points,I don't accept them no matter what.So with all that said and done,the weaker players running around looking to jack points from high rated players here on chess.com,I have only one thing to say,"If you want to get points off of me,you are going to have to earn them!!!". 

rooperi

Well, you can always counter with a brogue.

Scottrf

Umm, who forces anyone to accept a draw offer?

You make it sound like you can just start a game with higher rated player, claim a draw and see your rating skyrocket.

Dutchday

If you care about rating, it's always better to play higher rated people. To avoid abuse, you probably shouldn't play people rated much lower.

It's a shame people offer a lot of draws. Just try to beat them and move on.

JamieKowalski

I'd respond, but red text on black background makes this not worth reading.

TheLastSupper

1. You can not force a draw, unless it is repetition by threefold or fifty-move rule.

2. I see no reason why a higher rated player would accept a draw if he is not in a losing position, so generally spoken, he will not accept a draw when 0 moves are made.

3. Therefore a player's rating cannot go skyrocket by making 0 moves.

4. If an amateur can draw against a GM, then it is surely worth points for the amateur.

5. If you do not accept draws, then you contradict what you have said before. Other players can decline draws too. Unless you imply that you have special priveleges and others do not have this option.

Doggy_Style

You guys have it all wrong, the OP clearly states that a "drawl" will get you points.

I'm practising my deep south drawl, as we speak.

heinzie

If someone declines your draw offers three times in a row, can you claim the draw based on the threefold repetition rule?

CastedShadow

Its a amazing how everyone suddenly has something to say today.But I'm not offended like your buddy was Bigfatdaddy55.Say whatever you want because you are saying it at distance like most cowards do.Not only that but look who is hiding and to afraid or ashamed of themselves to show their real face.It takes a lot of guts to hide behind a mask among other cowards.Cowards seek safety in numbers.I offended one so been looking foward to that one sending his friends my way.If the only reason you have commented on this or anything else I've done is because some coward asked you to then that says everything it has to say about you.How does it feel to be a puppet on a string?Letting someone else control you.

Doggy_Style

Let's take this point by point:

Its a amazing how everyone suddenly has something to say today.

Yep, a typical day on the forums.

Say whatever you want because you are saying it at distance like most cowards do.Cowards seek safety in numbers.

Let me guess: in person you are so fearsome, that no-one else dares to speak. 

If the only reason you have commented on this or anything else I've done is because some coward asked you to then that says everything it has to say about you.How does it feel to be a puppet on a string?Letting someone else control you.

Sorry to disappoint but there is no conspiracy. We each of us, took it upon ourselves to post in this thread, entirely independently.

Cut along now, back to scaring pensioners, schoolgirls and the infirm.

cabadenwurt
[COMMENT DELETED]
sisu

Let's make it happen!

CastedShadow

Cut..? Come cut me boy.Like they say,"If you can't hang with the big dogs off along side the game board then you might want to just say on the board with the little puppies you like all so well".Bring your knife let's see what you can do with it.

Doggy_Style

Oh dear. Don't you google anything that you don't understand?

Definition 8, part 3:

http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/cut

Doggy_Style

EricFleet
CastedShadow wrote:

But because drawls cost me points,I don't accept them no matter what.So with all that said and done,the weaker players running around looking to jack points from high rated players here on chess.com,I have only one thing to say,"If you want to get points off of me,you are going to have to earn them!!!". 

1) It isn't just the way chess.com is set up. It is standard ELO or virtually any other rating system is set up. It is just sane math.

2) No one can force you to accept a draw.

3) Considering that my 9 year old son has a higher standard rating than you, I am not sure how many lower rated players are trying this strategy on you.

CastedShadow

Sorry,good thing you live across seas.People here in the back allies don't google that much.Be careful of your tongue and what you say.Wars have easily gotten started over simple misunderstandings.Funny how some thought they could talk their way out of something they just stepped in unknowingly.I'm going to set here and let the fat man finish his cigar he just cut the end off of.

fdar

If you don't want people to reply, why do you post in the forums? Maybe start a blog instead?

CastedShadow

Its not that I don't want people to reply or even offer some kind of feed back.All this today got started up with one member who is now blocked.I'm sure that not everyone who commented today knew what has been taking place under the surface.This is a old old forum.Many things have changed since it was written.I'll apologize to anyone who honestly offered a comment(good or bad),but no way will I offer it to any of his friends who used this forum to take cheap shots at me.

bigpoison
CastedShadow wrote:

Cut..? Come cut me boy.Like they say,"If you can't hang with the big dogs off along side the game board then you might want to just say on the board with the little puppies you like all so well".Bring your knife let's see what you can do with it.

Some of us have anxiety problems, you know.

Now I'm scairt.