Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

Queens gambit accepted..

• 4 years ago · Quote · #1

EternalChess

I been looking around, and i never liked my cramped position against the queens gambit (i always declined it, i tried out many variations)

But then i realized why not play queens gambit accepted?

I tried 1 game and i loved my position, it was easy to control, and white couldnt gain much of an edge, so i wonder..

Is accept that bad?!

Heres my game

• 4 years ago · Quote · #2

Tatiana92

this opening was played by Viswanthan Anand, you can look of his games here:http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chess.pl?page=3&pid=12088&playercomp=black&eco=D20-D29&title=Viswanathan%20Anand%20playing%20the%20Queen's%20Gambit%20Accepted%20as%20Black&eresult=

• 4 years ago · Quote · #3

ivandh

Playing the QGA is very bad, didn't your mother teach you right from wrong? You should be ashamed.

• 4 years ago · Quote · #4

Briboy1

I'll say 8...a6 then 9...b5 would be better because you could put your B on b7 and control the long diagonal.

• 4 years ago · Quote · #5

EternalChess

This is a good example of QGA, it also shows a6 and b5 is important..

So far i would rather do QGA then QGD

• 4 years ago · Quote · #6

Workmane

White didn't really understand the goal of QG, when accepted (this is for me and based on study of the position) the response 4 e4 is unacceptable, it creates a "french dark bishop" (ie the dark bishop has been removed from the offense) either Nc3 or Bg5 would be better (as well as many other variations)

• 4 years ago · Quote · #7

godie

Queens gambit accepted was never considered bad, those who decline it just prefer to keep tension in the center, which personally i prefer too. when black accepts he's basically saying "fine you can have the center, but i will get natural and easy development". it was only considered "bad" to try and defend the pawn after accepting.

Post your reply: