Forums

Recently dead and MIA

Sort:
goldendog

We've lost a few major contributors lately. The forums are much poorer without them.

orangehonda--account closed c. mid February.

trysts--account closed soon after orangehonda's was.

theoreticalboy--account open but it's been a month since he's visited the site. My guess is that he misses trysts and may be protesting.

OmarCayenne (tonydal)--Hasn't been on the site since February 20. Very unlike him, and I assume he's moved on but at least has left his account open and so we can still read his many contributions. Best limericks evah.

I have always felt the site can do without anyone and continue on, as good as before, but I definitely have felt the quality of the forums diminished due to the loss of the above luminaries. If only for the loss of tonydal, and if only for my use of him as a canary in a coal mine: If he posted in a thread that was a good indicator that there was something worthwhile there.

heinzie

Does anybody know what happened to kramakintews?

goldendog
heinzie wrote:

Does anybody know what happened to kramakintews?

Currently mistercheese.

kco

also on the MIA list is RDR75 (-X-), yes is sad to see some of them go.

heinzie

:( http://www.chess.com/groups/membersearch.html?id=9336

erik

people come and go. it's a bummer. hopefully some will come back when the chess spirit fills them again...

Atos

Or maybe, the argumentative spirit.

Archaic71

I do rather miss Tony and orangehonda . . . sigh.

Southernsoldier

WEEPING,Wailing,Gnashing o' teeth for theese pour souls...

gorgeous_vulture

'tis a shame indeed. I will intone a virtual kaddish to their memory ... actually raising a glass seems more appropriate!

Southernsoldier

A cup of tea...My favourite.

Gomer_Pyle
goldendog wrote:

...I have always felt the site can do without anyone and continue on, as good as before, but I definitely have felt the quality of the forums diminished due to the loss of the above luminaries...

Some friends and I thought the same of another forum once. Now I'm not so sure. We lost a good friend and one of the best men I've ever met. Actually, I should say "never met" because it was all online. The forum just wasn't the same, even after it was renamed in his honor.

Yes, some people are hard to lose.

http://www.swordforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36319

<raises a glass to Don>

Southernsoldier

This is so sad and gloomy......... Makes me want to cry or eat goldfish.

oinquarki

I'm sure all of these people will be back soon. Just taking a short nap. A short nap. Nothing to worry about. They'll be back. They'll be back soon. *noms chocolate*

happyface456

orangehonda and trysts are awesome im starting to like getting involved with the chess.com community

oinquarki
happyface456 wrote:

orangehonda and trysts are awesome im starting to like getting involved with the chess.com community

Keep it up, man; We need those exclamation points.

electricpawn

I never knew whether OrangeHonda was a car, a motorcyle or a boat motor. Theoreticalboy and Trysts are lovers in a left wing utopian commune, and tdal is a chess hustler. So .....

jesterville

...you are sure right...the postings are not as interesting with these missing characters...hopefully, they will return with a bang...till then...the show must go on...

Musikamole

I miss orangehonda and tonydal. :(

Tony talked about chess like someone who has been there and done it all. Some great stories and chess history stuff - and the man could write!

Time for some comfort food - a giant piece of chocolate chip cheesecake.

electricpawn