Forums

The 2012 World Championship of Chess!

Sort:
trysts

Here is the shocking game eight:

All_ways_winner

Now this is really interesting tournament.

azziralc

Anand wins the match, the score is tied.

keju

Amazing. Anand saw that 14. ... Qf6 was a blunder all the way back when he played 11. exf5. What a monster.

Scottrf

You mean 14. Qf6? 17. Qf2 wasn't a blunder.

keju
Scottrf wrote:

You mean 14. Qf6? 17. Qf2 wasn't a blunder.

Yes Scott thanks.

Michael-G

How could he not see this?

dashkee94

A miniature in a WCC match!  Anybody know when (if) it has happened before?  BTW, great fight by both players, and great game Anand!

fabelhaft

Wow, the quickest win ever in a title match, Gelfand must have thought Anand had blundered away the game and instead it was the other way round.

Scottrf
Michael-G wrote:

It does seem quite poor for a GM to miss a move after the natural continuation.

All_ways_winner

=========================

It's easy to analyse but hard to play on board. I don't blame Gelfand. He fought well but Vishy's trick was better. He did see black queen falling in net.

fabelhaft

Apparently this was the shortest win in a title match game before today:

http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chessgame?gid=1228294

TwoMove

Well it's very hard for human's to play with Houdini like accuracy all the time.

keju

So is Gelfand going to revert to the Gruenfeld again now? Anand clearly has something prepared there from the way he started out today.

Scottrf
All_ways_winner wrote:

It's easy to analyse but hard to play on board. I don't blame Gelfand. He fought well but Vishy's trick was better. He did see black queen falling in net.

When he brought the queen out he knew all the moves to his queen taking the rook. It's hard to believe he'd miss that he might have trouble bringing it back out.

Michael-G

It was just a 2 move trap!!! 

This guy plays for the World Championship!!!

How could he not see it?

All_ways_winner

Scottrf  

All_ways_winner wrote:

When he brought the queen out he knew all the moves to his queen taking the rook. It's hard to believe he'd miss that he might have trouble bringing it back out.

==================================

He is human not houdini.

keju

Worse things have happened. Ask Bayern Munich.

Scottrf
All_ways_winner wrote:

Scottrf  

All_ways_winner wrote:

==================================

He is human not houdini.

I'm a novice. After Gelfand brought the queen out I asked "What does white have after the king/rook fork?"

If I'm asking it after about 6 weeks of playing chess and half an eye on the game, why can Gelfand not see that move?

All_ways_winner

Michael-G

Are you hinting something ?