Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

The 2012 World Championship of Chess!

• 3 years ago · Quote · #801

AlexNic

Computers are good for training, but bad for tournaments. As a matter of fact, chess was invented by humans for the purpose of their entertainment, not for computers.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #802

jesterville

AlexNic...you look very much like Anand  Surprised.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #803

verygoodman918

All_ways_winner... you spelled "grammar" wrong. 

• 3 years ago · Quote · #804

All_ways_winner

A Few Minutes Ago
     · Quote · #884

verygoodman918 

All_ways_winner... you spelled "grammar" wrong. 

=====================

Ahhh at least someone understood my point. ;-)

• 3 years ago · Quote · #805

kco

" but Kasparov beats Fischer." you're sure about this ?

• 3 years ago · Quote · #806

jesterville

RussiaWithLove, have you gone to see any of these games? If I was living there, nothing would have prevented me from doing so.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #807

jesterville

OK, only 1 1/2 hours to go before the game begins...someone needs to wake trysts up now I think...har har

• 3 years ago · Quote · #808

jesterville

alexlaw, It is more that just seeing the moves...imagine being there when Kasparov arrived, and seeing him in person for the first time ever...or maybe getting the chance to get his autograph, or even Karpov or other Super-GMs there...it's the stage man...it's being part of history.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #809

Michael-G

Someone should make  tea , Trysts will wake up as soon as she smells it, Laughing

• 3 years ago · Quote · #810

trysts

GAME NINE

Good morning! Reading the last few pages has built the excitement today! I expect this game to be a two-cups of tea game. What an esoteric thing it is to be excited about a chess game?Laughing Gelfand has the white pieces today. The match is tied 4 - 4. It must be said that there is no fashion to speak of in this match. I would like to see both gentlemen explore the psychological advantages to changing what you wear during a chess matchWink

• 3 years ago · Quote · #811

jesterville

boy oh boy...the crowd is sure excited...lol

• 3 years ago · Quote · #812

Scottrf

• 3 years ago · Quote · #813

trysts

Laughing

Anand opens with the Nimzo-Indian defence as black.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #814

All_ways_winner

• 3 years ago · Quote · #815

ContemplativeCat

The Nimzo! This used to be my favorite defense against D4- maybe I'll be able to follow what's going on for awhile.

Good morning Trysts!

• 3 years ago · Quote · #816

All_ways_winner

• 3 years ago · Quote · #817

Scottrf

All normal lines? White has an isolated queen pawn in return for better development? Is that the theme of this opening?

• 3 years ago · Quote · #818

All_ways_winner

• 3 years ago · Quote · #819

Michael-G

The isolated pawn clearly indicates that it's going to be an interesting game, maybe one more classic.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #820

Scottrf

I guess the good thing for white is that the black bishop can't really join in and attack the white pawn, like it could in a fianchetto system.

Post your reply: