Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

The 2012 World Championship of Chess!

• 3 years ago · Quote · #61

trysts

I hope it will be a game with "fireworks", as well! I bought some Earl Grey tea, and some Lender's bagels for the game tomorrowSmile

• 3 years ago · Quote · #62

jesterville

Thanks for the video trysts. I have just finished watching it. He is light years ahead of Nigel Short for sure...and he does sound British. I will have to google him to find out more about this GM. A bit funny trying to speak and drink at the same time Surprised. I was not able to follow this tourny live, but only replayed the game later in the night I believe.

Yes, he is British...and only got his GM status in 2008, but get this...he has already published 6 chess books.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #63

jesterville

oh...I am a lover of tea as well...maybe a cup of coffee once every other month. But I was never a lover of Bagles...too hard for my taste, I prefer garlic bread toasted.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #64

trysts

He's very clear when he speaks, and he made the whole experience of watching the tournament very lively! And, he wasn't arrogant, which is a plus. Six books published already?! That is impressive!

• 3 years ago · Quote · #65

trysts

jesterville wrote:

oh...I am a lover of tea as well...maybe a cup of coffee once every other month. But I was never a lover of Bagles...too hard for my taste, I prefer garlic bread toasted.

Yes, I think straight coffee was too strong for me the other morning. I'm more of a coffee with brandy kind of person. The brandy takes the edge offWink

• 3 years ago · Quote · #66

keju

Hooray, coming up soon. I'll be having two bars of Kit Kat. The first will be eaten at move 5 and the second when it gets really exciting.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #67

trysts

GAME THREE

Good morning! We are about to see the third game of the world chess championship, and it's another lovely morning to wake up to. I quite enjoy waking up this early for my secret love: chess! My friend is not waking up, and thinks I'm crazyLaughing It matters not, for everyone should have their own thing, apart from their friends. Tea, a bagel, a cheap chess board, and your computer is all the equipment desired for the unique experience of following, and learning from, the world chess championship. Also a Kit-Kat bar or twoWink There may be millions of members to Chess.com, but it still has a quaint feeling to it (which I find charming), and which makes it feel like this small circle of friends going to a concert of a great, yet little known group. Okay, I'm babblingLaughing

• 3 years ago · Quote · #68

jesterville

...just getting up myself...turning on the different cites...and making that special pot of tea we were talking about...

• 3 years ago · Quote · #69

keju

Keep babbling Trysts Smile while I find my URLs and USB thingies. I would like to see e4 today!

• 3 years ago · Quote · #70

waffllemaster

Where do you guys watch it?  I guess I could google but I feel like being lazy :p

• 3 years ago · Quote · #71

keju

Woo already started, Gruenfeld with 3. f3 ...

• 3 years ago · Quote · #72

trysts

waffllemaster wrote:

Where do you guys watch it?  I guess I could google but I feel like being lazy :p

http://moscow2012.fide.com/en/

http://livechess.chessdom.com/site/

• 3 years ago · Quote · #73

keju

• 3 years ago · Quote · #74

waffllemaster

Ok thanks Smile

• 3 years ago · Quote · #75

jesterville

The Gruenfeld again...but Anand varies with a KID variation...this will be sharp for sure.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #76

trysts

Indeed, we do have the Gruenfeld defence! We already saw Gelfand play this defence the last time Anand had the white pieces. In that game, Gelfand had a slight edge throughout, according to the commentators.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #77

keju

Timman commentary not bad so far?

• 3 years ago · Quote · #78

trysts

keju wrote:

Timman commentary not bad so far?

Agreed. This is a pretty aggressive game already!

• 3 years ago · Quote · #79

keju

Anand's whole king-side is undeveloped ... incredible.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #80

keju

I don't know anything about the Gruenfeld defense so I must be missing out on a lot. You guys familiar with the Gruenfeld?

Post your reply: