Forums

The 2012 World Championship of Chess!

Sort:
keju

The position is really hottt. I wouldn't mind playing either side here ...

jesterville

ahhhh...do you believe another commercial break is coming up now?

keju

We should have a spoof grandmaster commentary overlaid upon the commercial break. I nominate Trysts Smile

jesterville

...this is a crucial point in the game...Anand must chose carefully. Houdini likes NxN for Anand's move...we shall see.

trysts

You guys are funnyLaughing

Even when you play through Houdini's first line, by move 32, the position is still very complex!

keju

Oooh 19. N x ancient Russian art.

jesterville

...this is such a crucial point in the game... and these guys chose to air Art?....aahhh...we need a new Director here.

trysts

Yes, I have to turn the volume off for these "commercial breaks". I can't concentrate on the board.

jesterville

Anand has taken the pawn with his Knight...fireworks now...

jesterville

Thank "Chessbomb" for "Chessbomb"...

keju

Woo look at the position now. GM Naiditsch: "Anand finds nothing better than to play 19.Nxe4, now it seems we are reaching almost by force a draw endgame .." Drat!

trysts
keju wrote:

Woo look at the position now. GM Naiditsch: "Anand finds nothing better than to play 19.Nxe4, now it seems we are reaching almost by force a draw endgame .." Drat!

He's been wrong beforeWink

keju

He's no good? Bad guy?

trysts

I've just watched some games where Naiditsch is commentating, and he's not always correct about wins and draws.

keju

Well all that tension is gone now. Seems like a question of whether Anand's passed pawn means anything now.

jesterville

...do they really believe that anyone will stay tuned to their ads? We all switch to where the chess is...

keju

Anand's pieces resemble a tangled knot. I'd like to see how he entangles the lot.

jesterville

Can Anand hold on to the extra pawn? I am not sure he can. Yes, baring a blunder by one...the sting seems out of this one.

Scottrf

Was he hoping for a back rank mate? Tongue out

keju

It's probably just me but Gelfand's attack looks really scary now. Surprised