Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

The 2012 World Championship of Chess!

• 2 years ago · Quote · #301

trysts

Michael-G wrote:

Anand is very well prepared in Slav.Gelfand should change his strategy or unleash a well -prepared novelty if he wants to have some chance for a win with white.

Gelfand has definitely shown that he is Anand's equal thus far. I tend to think that will put pressure on Anand to play riskier.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #302

keju

backrankblues wrote:

How we 16oo's play!!!! No draws with us.  Bang, bang bang, win!  Bang, bang, bang, lose! 

Yes they say it's not chess Sealed

• 2 years ago · Quote · #303

Scottrf

Does he want to move the knight back and forth? Don't see what it does apart from not weakening your position.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #304

keju

Dunno, but he sure calculated for a looong while before putting the knight there.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #305

SandyJames

lol keju! , btw NIIT = National Institute of Information Technology - they were the pioneers in IT education / training. 

• 2 years ago · Quote · #306

keju

According to GM Naiditsch, Anand is trying to maneouvre the knight to c5 square.

NIIT - Oh thanks backrank !

• 2 years ago · Quote · #307

Scottrf

Wouldn't he have played Nd7 to get to c5? Looks more like he's heading to b4, and I definitely feel comfortable challenging someone 1000 points above me.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #308

keju

keju wrote:

According to GM Naiditsch, Anand is trying to maneouvre the knight to c5 square.

Which doesn't make any sense at all, because if you wanted to go from f6 to c5, you'd go to d7 first. But that's what Naiditsch said.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #309

keju

His exact words (just before Anand played Nd5) were:

"what to do now for Black, to play 32...Kf8 or maybe to try a bit more active 32...Nd5 with the idea Nf4-Ne6-Nc5 ..."

Trysts might know what this means though. I'm baffled by these GMs.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #310

keju

Scottrf wrote:

I definitely feel comfortable challenging someone 1000 points above me.

Man, when I play people just 200 points above me here on chess.com I get wiped out within 10 moves Frown

• 2 years ago · Quote · #311

Scottrf

Well, that seems to be the move g3 was preventing, perhaps Nd7 lost somehow or he wanted to move there with a check along the way.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #312

keju

Scottrf wrote:

Well, that seems to be the move g3 was preventing, perhaps Nd7 lost somehow or he wanted to move there with a check along the way.

Ya exactly, these subtleties are all lost upon me! I'd give quite a few hundred dollars to peer inside a GM's mind Smile

• 2 years ago · Quote · #313

trysts

keju wrote:

His exact words (just before Anand played Nd5) were:

"what to do now for Black, to play 32...Kf8 or maybe to try a bit more active 32...Nd5 with the idea Nf4-Ne6-Nc5 ..."

Trysts might know what this means though. I'm baffled by these GMs.

If I was playing, it does look like a draw to me, just because I don't really see anything to do except get the kings to the center to assure a draw. I can't imagine that these gentlemen will make the type of huge mistake or two which would make the game decisive. But then again, I'm not very good.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #314

keju

I really do think endgame mastery is the secret to being a strong player. Cos you then know what to be aiming for when you simplify a position down from the middlegame.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #315

Michael-G

trysts wrote:
    Michael-G wrote:

Anand is very well prepared in Slav.Gelfand should change his strategy or unleash a well -prepared novelty if he wants to have some chance for a win with white.

Gelfand has definitely shown that he is Anand's equal thus far. I tend to think that will put pressure on Anand to play riskier.

Certainly they are equal or about equal.But I don't understand what you mean when you say 

"I tend to think that will put pressure on Anand to play riskier."

Gelfand can't force Anand to play riskier if he doesn't play riskier.

p.s. It is possible that both believe that can take the title at rapid games so they won't risk.Maybe we will have the first World Chamionship match  in history won in rapid games.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #316

keju

Ooh that's it then. Draw agreed.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #317

trysts

keju wrote:

I really do think endgame mastery is the secret to being a strong player. Cos you then know what to be aiming for when you simplify a position down from the middlegame.

I totally agree.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #318

trysts

Yes, It's a DRAW. Now the match is tied 2-2. Anand has the white pieces on Thursday's game five. It seemed like the easiest game they have played. 

• 2 years ago · Quote · #319

keju

I'll try to study the Gruenfeld before Thursday! Innocent

• 2 years ago · Quote · #320

trysts

Michael-G wrote:
    trysts wrote:
    Michael-G wrote:

Certainly they are equal or about equal.But I don't understand what you mean when you say 

"I tend to think that will put pressure on Anand to play riskier."

Gelfand can't force Anand to play riskier if he doesn't play riskier.

p.s. It is possible that both believe that can take the title at rapid games so they won't risk.Maybe we will have the first World Chamionship match  in history won in rapid games.

I mean with Anand's history of winning Gelfand, for him to have really very little chances of doing so thus far, it might confuse Anand a bit, putting more pressure on him to try something riskier against Gelfand.

But you could be right about them copying the candidates matches--rapid games.

Post your reply: