Sort:
trysts
SharmaPawan wrote:

United States - 10:05 Pm

India - 7:37 Am

You seem pretty confident about this in your picture, so I'll concedeSmile

corrijean

And 7-ish PM in my time zone.

This has been a really interesting thread to read. And I watched an hour or two of chess games to boot.

trysts
corrijean wrote:

And 7-ish PM in my time zone.

This has been a really interesting thread to read. And I watched an hour or two of chess games to boot.

This thread was just crackling with energy this morning! I'm glad you liked itSmile

corrijean

I noticed it was very active when I was drinking my coffee this morning.

Conflagration_Planet
trysts wrote:
Conflagration_Planet wrote:
trysts wrote:
Conflagration_Planet wrote:

Oh. I wanted to see the actual broadcast.

I don't know if you can see the live broadcast? You'll need a wormhole.

There should be a way to watch a rerun.

Try here:

http://moscow2012.fide.com/en/

Tks. Now if I can get it to stop buffering.

jesterville

We can postpone the game until WednesdayLaughing

............................................................................................

Thanking you in advance trysts...

Charlotte

thanks for posting the game Sharon, it looks like i missed a good one!

SharmaPawan

post inside post

keju
indianteacher wrote:

Did Anand really faltered in third game at 34th-35th move??

If yes, how?

Well the link you provided itself suggests 34. d7 (allowing Black to penetrate with Rcc2) instead of Anand's Rc7. And then later 35. Re7 instead of Anand's passive Rh1. But Anand had to play a move a minute at this stage, so it would have been hard to find the strongest continuations. I wouldn't find them even in an hour Frown

All credit to Gelfand though for playing fantastic fighting chess. Anand also said before the match that a big plus for Gelfand was his "experience".

By the way, I was youtubing Anand and came across this amazing encounter he had with a young Morozevich who opened with the King's gambit! Guess who won? If you haven't seen this before, it's a rapid game and the commentary (not to mention the game) is brilliant. Sorry this is an "aside" but it's really a fun watch!

madhacker
indianteacher wrote:

In a post at moscow2012.fide.com/ (having title:Perpetual check saves the challenger,)an analyst says in the third game, in the 34th–35th moves the world champion played inaccurately, after which both of Black’s rooks penetrated into the opponent’s rear, and Gelfand declared a perpetual check.

Did Anand really faltered in third game at 34th-35th move??

If yes, how?

I think he can be excused faltering if both of Gelfand's rooks penetrated into his rear. Sounds painful.

trysts

GAME FOUR

Good morning! Tea, bagel, chessboard. I just woke up 15 minutes ago, so I'm kind of frantically running about the house. We can only hope for as good a game as yesterday's game.Smile

Michael-G

Great!!!!

trysts

Anand is playing the Slav defence, as he did in game two. And I really liked that game.

Michael-G

I prefer to see him play Lasker's

trysts

I really can't keep up with them, they are moving so fast! We're already on move 16!

keju

Gosh 16 moves already. I was expecting it to be at move 4 or 5 ...

keju

Hahha good morning Trysts. You too. Smile

Scottrf

Is this a semi-Slav?

Michael-G

where do you watch it trysts?can you give a link?

Scottrf

http://moscow2012.fide.com/en/live?g=20120515