Forums

The 2012 World Championship of Chess!

Sort:
fabelhaft

The quickest draw of the match.

trysts

DRAW! For reasons I can't understand, they end the game at a pretty neat momentFrown So, the match is tied 5 - 5. Only two games left! Gelfand plays the white pieces on Saturday. I can't wait!Laughing

fabelhaft

Apparently they played on until the 25th move before the draw was agreed, so it wasn't the shortest draw after all, but once again Anand got nothing out of the opening.

Scottrf

The Championship should be made vacant if the next 2 games are draws.

trysts

It was a fun and complex game. The only disappointing part was to end it so quickly.

fabelhaft

To me the match has been very disappointing even if I didn't have high expectations, in most of the games the draw has been certain when the players were still in their opening preparation. Anand seems to have lost his capacity to win games if he doesn't get them handed to him like in the one game he has won here. Against Kramnik he won three of the first six games and created other promising positions, and that against a very strong and solid opponent. The last years he hasn't played a single game reminding of those wins and he doesn't seem likely to do it here either.

StevenBailey13

What happened in the 10th game?

CerebralAssassin

I doubt there will be a decisive game in the last 2...so it looks like it's going to tiebreakers

keju

If you haven't seen this, check it out:

http://blip.tv/chess/anand-drew-with-gelfand-in-the-10th-game-of-wcc2012-6163253

shepi13
ChristianSoldier007 wrote:

now, the Chicago open starts today. anyone know the times?

I'm not sure, I'm playing in the 4 day event that starts Friday at around 6 or 7. I don't know the 5 day schedule though.

shepi13

What rating group is he playing in? I'm playing in the U1500 even though my current rating is about 1550 USCF (the supplement system works wonders with a two month lag.)

shepi13

Cool, I'll check to see how he does. 

shepi13

thanks

Charlotte

great stuff today from Boris, he looked very confident in the after game chat as well, sparky Wink

Grandmaster3141

I don't really have the slightest idea how you guys are viewing the game; can someone post a link?

Grandmaster3141

Oh BTW 1200!

1200 equivalent to unrated in chess.com!

netzach

C'mon Boris fine show so far! You can win this thing !! Smile

jesterville

I disagree "netzach", Borish...ah..Boris cannot "win this thing"Sealed.

...only kidding of course...actually a lot of chess bloggers are refering to him as "Gandalf"...I guess a jab at his age...or maybe, moreso how old he looks...

The truth is Gelfand has proven most people wrong by being as competitive in these games. Most (this writer included) saw him as a soft win for Anand...that he would have been trampled upon, and beaten as a drum. Not so indeed. If anything, he has been in the better position for most of the Match.

netzach

Yes Anand has been somewhat deflated & not at his best in this championship so is hard to call now... Smile

shepi13

Gelfand cannot win this, as they can only draw Laughing.