• 2 years ago · Quote · #1043

keju

I seem to have lost my video feed completely. Frown

• 2 years ago · Quote · #1044

fabelhaft

The quickest draw of the match.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #1045

trysts

DRAW! For reasons I can't understand, they end the game at a pretty neat momentFrown So, the match is tied 5 - 5. Only two games left! Gelfand plays the white pieces on Saturday. I can't wait!Laughing

• 2 years ago · Quote · #1046

ChristianSoldier007

wow its getting very dramatic-only two games left!

• 2 years ago · Quote · #1047

fabelhaft

Apparently they played on until the 25th move before the draw was agreed, so it wasn't the shortest draw after all, but once again Anand got nothing out of the opening.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #1048

Scottrf

The Championship should be made vacant if the next 2 games are draws.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #1049

ChristianSoldier007

now, the Chicago open starts today. anyone know the times?

• 2 years ago · Quote · #1050

trysts

It was a fun and complex game. The only disappointing part was to end it so quickly.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #1051

fabelhaft

To me the match has been very disappointing even if I didn't have high expectations, in most of the games the draw has been certain when the players were still in their opening preparation. Anand seems to have lost his capacity to win games if he doesn't get them handed to him like in the one game he has won here. Against Kramnik he won three of the first six games and created other promising positions, and that against a very strong and solid opponent. The last years he hasn't played a single game reminding of those wins and he doesn't seem likely to do it here either.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #1052

AnthonyCG

The spectators at the press conference seemed a bit irritable.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #1053

StevenBailey13

What happened in the 10th game?

• 2 years ago · Quote · #1054

CerebralAssassin

I doubt there will be a decisive game in the last 2...so it looks like it's going to tiebreakers

• 2 years ago · Quote · #1055

keju

• 2 years ago · Quote · #1056

shepi13

ChristianSoldier007 wrote:

now, the Chicago open starts today. anyone know the times?

I'm not sure, I'm playing in the 4 day event that starts Friday at around 6 or 7. I don't know the 5 day schedule though.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #1057

ChristianSoldier007

i got it its 7 pm. good luck to you shepi, I will be following my chess coach;s game live

• 2 years ago · Quote · #1058

shepi13

What rating group is he playing in? I'm playing in the U1500 even though my current rating is about 1550 USCF (the supplement system works wonders with a two month lag.)

• 2 years ago · Quote · #1059

ChristianSoldier007

He will be in the top section, IM John Bartholomew. I'm hpoing he gets one of his GM norms here. I wonder if the site im using follows all sections or only the top? I wanted to go but i cant get all the way to chicago

• 2 years ago · Quote · #1060

shepi13

Cool, I'll check to see how he does. 

Post your reply: