Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

TheGrobe's waffles burned; please tell me how awesome I am (maybe donate to him)

• 3 years ago · Quote · #181

electricpawn

• 3 years ago · Quote · #182

Cystem_Phailure

Everyone please thank me now for not posting a vid of Captain & Tennille singing Muskrat Love.

And everyone please join me in condemning whichever twit does post it now that I mentioned it.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #183

wishiwonthatone

thank you.

no....REALLY! THANK YOU!

I love you man....

• 3 years ago · Quote · #184

cabadenwurt

Well I must say that this thread has come to remind me of a typical Seinfeld episode, the plot wanders here and there ( perhaps even hither and yonder ) and most everyone has a fun time  lol. 

• 3 years ago · Quote · #185

theoreticalboy

Seinfeld episodes tended to coalesce into a finale that tied all the disparate strands together.  You want to try that one?

Oh wait, we know the unifying theme; my mecha-thirsty-roman-dopeness.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #186

Cystem_Phailure

theoreticalboy wrote:

Seinfeld episodes tended to coalesce into a finale that tied all the disparate strands together.

We're working toward it.  Might take a few years . . . 

• 3 years ago · Quote · #187

theoreticalboy

A thread lock a la "if you know" doesn't count.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #188

mrguy888

theoreticalboy wrote:

A thread lock a la "if you know" doesn't count.

I don't know about that. That is pretty much how Seinfeld ended.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #189

theoreticalboy

Aaaaaaaand it was a pretty bad ending...

• 3 years ago · Quote · #190

Cystem_Phailure

Horrible ending.  No show's planned final episode should be a "clips" show.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #191

bigpoison

It was fitting then, no?  A bad ending for a bad television show.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #192

theoreticalboy

Seinfeld at its peak was great.  One shouldn't judge it based on its lump-of-turd final season.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #193

bigpoison

I didn't get it...too dumb, I guess.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #194

theoreticalboy

It's funny, for all its hype as "a show about nothing," the Seinfeld universe was very specific in its dissection of the lifestyles rules of a rather limited group of people (middle-class New York white Jews, essentially).  What always impressed me was how self-centered and generally mean they were.  It's rare for an American show to have its central characters be cruel without pushing it to the extremes of criminality.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #195

bigpoison

"The Three Stooges"!  Now that's humo(u)r I can understand!

• 3 years ago · Quote · #196

mrguy888

theoreticalboy wrote:

It's funny, for all its hype as "a show about nothing," the Seinfeld universe was very specific in its dissection of the lifestyles rules of a rather limited group of people (middle-class New York white Jews, essentially). 

Seinfeld is probably the only show that beats mythbusters in terms of how often you can say "There was a _________ episode about that."

• 3 years ago · Quote · #197

cabadenwurt

I'm in shock !!! Crticism about the Seinfeld show, truly ghastly  lol. I guess like any hit show there were episodes that were not as good as others ( pressure to keep to a schedule ? ). For example I have been a fan of the orginal Star Trek series since it was first produced ( yes I have a thread on the go about the show lol ) and yet there were episodes of that show that I didn't care for. Of course another fact is that we all have different tastes as well. But could we please Digitally re-create Doctor McCoy and Scotty etc and produce some new episodes of Star Trek ( the Original series ) --- Please Please Please --- 

• 3 years ago · Quote · #198

mrguy888

cabadenwurt wrote:

I'm in shock !!! Crticism about the Seinfeld show, truly ghastly  lol. I guess like any hit show there were episodes that were not as good as others ( pressure to keep to a schedule ? ). For example I have been a fan of the orginal Star Trek series since it was first produced ( yes I have a thread on the go about the show lol ) and yet there were episodes of that show that I didn't care for. Of course another fact is that we all have different tastes as well. But could we please Digitally re-create Doctor McCoy and Scotty etc and produce some new episodes of Star Trek ( the Original series ) --- Please Please Please --- 

They would have to digitally re-create all the characters or the show would end up like The New Adventures of Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #199

Cystem_Phailure

theoreticalboy wrote:

Seinfeld at its peak was great.

Newman was the man.  I've spent years trying to become more like Newman.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #200

mrguy888

Cystem_Phailure wrote:
    theoreticalboy wrote:

Seinfeld at its peak was great.

Newman was the man.  I've spent years trying to become more like Newman.

I think your time would have been used better trying to make someone that you know more like Newman.

Post your reply: