Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

This town needs a new sheriff

• 3 years ago · Quote · #1

Arctor

Make me a mod and I'll rule with an iron fist

There'll be no more spam, trolling, ignorance, cloned threads etc. Serious chess discussion is an endangered beast here and I can fix that...just give me the power Wink

Don't worry, you can all still have your fun where appropriate ie. in the Fun With Chess section Kiss

• 3 years ago · Quote · #2

theoreticalboy

• 3 years ago · Quote · #3

Arctor

theoreticalboy wrote:

Reported

just kidding....see I'm fun too Laughing

• 3 years ago · Quote · #4

Arctor

But do it again and I'll send you to the Gulag Undecided

• 3 years ago · Quote · #5

theoreticalboy

Van Gogh is an idiot.  Long live brilliantboy!

• 3 years ago · Quote · #6

Arctor

thinkdeeplistengood wrote:

brilliantboy calls fischer an idiot and his fans fischerette and thinks the same of

Van Gogh and now he wants to be moderator .Wonder witch drug he takes.

Got to be something hard

What kind of sensible person goes on the radio to laugh at the death of thousands of innocent people?

What kind of sensible person cuts off his own ear and gives it to a prostitute?

Whether because of mental health difficulties or other reasons, yes...they were idiots for at least some of their lives (but who isn't I suppose?). Just because these men created great art doesn't mean we have mimic their actions and to take everything they say as gospel.

Edit: Also, I thought you were banned p187

• 3 years ago · Quote · #7

DavidStyles

thinkdeeplistengood wrote:

brilliantboy calls fischer an idiot and his fans fischerette and thinks the same of

Van Gogh and now he wants to be moderator

He does? Rock and roll!

• 3 years ago · Quote · #8

antioxidant

brilliantboy wrote:

There'll be no more spam, trolling, ignorance, cloned threads etc. Serious chess discussion is an endangered beast here and I can fix that...just give me the power 

Don't worry, you can all still have your fun where appropriate ie. in the Fun With Chess section 

?????????????????????????????????????????????????//////////////////////////////////////

• 3 years ago · Quote · #9

DavidStyles

Benju13 wrote:
    brilliantboy wrote:

There'll be no more spam, trolling, ignorance, cloned threads etc. Serious chess discussion is an endangered beast here and I can fix that...just give me the power 

Don't worry, you can all still have your fun where appropriate ie. in the Fun With Chess section 

?????????????????????????????????????????????????//////////////////////////////////////

Did you lean on your keyboard? If it weren't for the /s, I'd assume you were telling him that in your opinion his latest post was a major blunder. But with the /s as well, I'll shoot for "leaned on your keyboard".

Right?

• 3 years ago · Quote · #10

chessdude46

Van Gogh was brilliant! He was insane, yes, but there is a fine line between being an idiot and being insane. You can be smart and have mental issues as well.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #11

theoreticalboy

Possible justification or not, the guy was still an idiot.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #12

chessdude46

THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN BEING AN IDIOT AND BEING INSANE!!! HE WAS THE EINSTIEN OF HIS TIME!!! 

• 3 years ago · Quote · #13

theoreticalboy

He can be a genius all he wants, he's still an idiot.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #14

chessdude46

You just completely contradicted yourself.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #15

oinquarki

chessdude46 wrote:

If you think that the descriptions of genius and idiot are mutually exculsive, then you have a very limited view of reality.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #16

winerkleiner

brilliantboy wrote:

I suppose "big brother" is out of the question?

• 3 years ago · Quote · #17

chessdude46

Look at other insane and smart people, Nikola Tesla, for example.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #18

theoreticalboy

oinquarki wrote:
    chessdude46 wrote:

If you think that the descriptions of genius and idiot are mutually exculsive, then you have a very limited view of reality.

srsly.  These people here are kinda cute.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #19

winerkleiner

According to the song (I shot the sheriff) I think I would rather be the deputy.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #20

chessdude46

theoreticalboy wrote:
    oinquarki wrote:
    chessdude46 wrote:

srsly.  These people here are kinda cute.

Cute is not the right description for me.

Post your reply: