Forums

unethical players, be warned

Sort:
masyong

today i played with someone who goes by the name (name removed by mod), a 1600+ player, and banners a hungarian flag, anyway, the game was a bit long and ended in draw, after the game, this guy swore on me  and said other insulting words, i kept saying get out until he finally did

i just want to share my experience with this guy, and hope this topic serves as warning against uncivilized people like himCool

DrSpudnik

Congratulations! You found one of the many dingbats who prowl the site. It's fairly common for someone to have a tantrum after losing.

Ronnee

Welcome to Chess.com and do what the 3 monkeys do .No see..no hear ..no talk.   Just do t read the stuff

garrikasparov9

can we really do something with those players who are wrighting "bad" words to anothers ? i think those has to be punished somehow.    

Zarwan

How about a chat filter?

Immediate ban for the user of any of the prohibited words in the chat.

DrSpudnik
garrikasparov9 wrote:

can we really do something with those players who are wrighting "bad" words to anothers ? i think those has to be punished somehow.    

You complain to the staff by filing a help & support ticket and they will give said malefactor a stern finger wagging.

Cystem_Phailure
masyong wrote:

i just want to share my experience with this guy, and hope this topic serves as warning against uncivilized people like him

You're going to be starting a lot of threads if you decide to make it a practice to tattle on everyone who types something nasty at you during a game.

jm_fischer
[COMMENT DELETED]
RonaldJosephCote

Well I think we know who's name was removed by mods.  My mistake. No Hungarian flag.

tonightatsix

If you don't like rude people, "disable chat" is the only way.  It is unrealistic to (enable chat and) expect everyone you encounter to be polite or live upto your standards.  

KingSullian
Zarwan wrote:

How about a chat filter?

Immediate ban for the user of any of the prohibited words in the chat.

Wh..What????? if ya' going ta' use a so called chat filter, then how could one post any words thats in the filter???? 

Next your gunna' want a thought filter... Sweet baby Jesus!!!

"It is unrealistic to (enable chat and) expect everyone you encounter to be polite or live upto your standards."

Thank you tonightatsix, for a reality check... :) 

DiogenesDue

i kept saying get out until he finally did

...the game was over, you could have just left yourself.  Just saying.  It will save you a lot of annoyance in the long run over trying to hold the moral high ground with someone that has no grounding at all ;).

Ignore and report.  No point in engaging.

netzach

Noted & card marked.

Avoid: (name removed by mod)

RonaldJosephCote

Everything in this thread is fine. Except for post #8. This guy doesn't even know the OP. Never played the OP. And look at that hatred. Out of the blue. That's one player, none of us should ever play.