Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

Where is the Cool Hidden Stuff on Chess.com?


  • 14 months ago · Quote · #21

    Tjornan

    I believe it was "I invinted a new opening, how to get it recognized?"

    Forgive me for my gap in memory. I believe the last part isn't right, can someone correct me? 

  • 14 months ago · Quote · #22

    corrijean

    trysts wrote:

    What's the Daeth thread called? Maybe it's on Google?

    I invinted an opining - How do I get it named after me?

    Although I'm not sure I've captured the mispellings perfectly.

  • 14 months ago · Quote · #23

    Tjornan

    There we go. Obviously my title was a little to sophiscated for our friend Daeth to use, silly me :).

    It's not on google :(

  • 14 months ago · Quote · #24

    trysts

  • 14 months ago · Quote · #25

    trysts

    Oops! I guess that wasn't the thread, but a parody.

  • 14 months ago · Quote · #26

    AlCzervik

    That's how bad it was! Really, how often does a single thread reek so badly that it results in spinoff threads?Wink

  • 14 months ago · Quote · #27

    trysts

    I must have missed that thread. I remember seeing a few spin-off threads over the years for threads that left impressions on people. I've also seen the coup-threads for popular threadsLaughing 

  • 14 months ago · Quote · #28

    corrijean

    Thanks to that thread, "invinted" has now entered the chess.com lexicon. Laughing

  • 14 months ago · Quote · #29

    Fingerly

    Okay!  Now I'm up on BilliChess and how  you imbecilic babboons with "acnes" overran creatip's quest to improve his sales pitch.  That poor guy must have had red cheeks from all the smacks he took!

    Bongcloud.  Looks juicy from a quick profile scan.  I will be returning to that one.

    Thanks for the links!  Keep 'em coming if you've got 'em!

  • 14 months ago · Quote · #30

    corrijean

    AlCzervik wrote:

    That's how bad it was! Really, how often does a single thread reek so badly that it results in spinoff threads?

    There was another, earlier parody thread:

    http://www.chess.com/forum/view/off-topic/good-news-----i-have-invented-nothing--lol

  • 14 months ago · Quote · #31

    trysts

    Fingerly wrote:

    Okay!  Now I'm up on BilliChess and how  you imbecilic babboons with "acnes" overran creatip's quest to improve his sales pitch.  That poor guy must have had red cheeks from all the smacks he took!

    Bongcloud.  Looks juicy from a quick profile scan.  I will be returning to that one.

    Thanks for the links!  Keep 'em coming if you've got 'em!

    Some of creatip's comments weren't saved in quotations. Once he called LisaV names, then he became fair gameLaughing

  • 14 months ago · Quote · #32

    theunsjb

  • 14 months ago · Quote · #33

    ClavierCavalier

    Daeth was either kicked off the site or left, so his contributions were also deleted.  It's a shame, I think, that banned players have their contributions removed.  Even good players cheat sometimes, and their advice to lower players gets removed.

  • 14 months ago · Quote · #34

    AlCzervik

    ClavierCavalier wrote:

    Daeth was either kicked off the site or left, so his contributions were also deleted.  It's a shame, I think, that banned players have their contributions removed.  Even good players cheat sometimes, and their advice to lower players gets removed.

    Huh? Daeth was banned for cheating. Your third sentence is offensive to those that don't.

  • 14 months ago · Quote · #35

    ivandh

    Pretty much any thread I start is a parody thread, including half the ones already mentioned.

  • 14 months ago · Quote · #36

    red-lady

    corrijean wrote:

    You left out some of the classic topics:

    Bishops vs. Knights

    Should I resign

    gg

    Women in chess

    I still think the femaleneeded topic was the best ever. Tongue Out

  • 14 months ago · Quote · #37

    AlCzervik

    gg was how I got my "start" here.

  • 14 months ago · Quote · #38

    Fingerly

    Alright.  Lenny Bongcloud.  I'm left wondering if there is any confirmation if that is a parody account or if he's the genuine article.  Either way, I really don't care.  I'd like to see more of it!

    "unlern the hate dued."

    "present them to yhour wife with some tostitos baked salsa chips.. whith lit candels and some nice ambiant music... if that doesn't work dued... maybe she hass a nice ssister who isn't so uptight man.."

    Rock on!

  • 14 months ago · Quote · #39

    Conquistador

    Derp

  • 14 months ago · Quote · #40

    ivandh

    red-lady wrote:
    corrijean wrote:

    You left out some of the classic topics:

    Bishops vs. Knights

    Should I resign

    gg

    Women in chess

    I still think the femaleneeded topic was the best ever. 

    A classic, if not quite classy, topic.


Back to Top

Post your reply: