Sort:
elo123

I vote for 1. Skaternest0 2. Zibbit 3. TestViking 4. Peter Lalic 5. Squarology

occhio-vivo

My vote is for Squarology. Great stuff!

RickWest

Aww Rats, gets my vote!

MonkeyMagic

Anybody know about microphones - quality v. cost, good brands or models?

chasm1995

Do you have one built in on your laptop (if that is what you are using)?

LaskerTheCat

I cast my vote for aww-rats!

MonkeyMagic

I probably do, not sure atm. Are built-in mics usually of sufficient quality?

chasm1995

I don't know how good the quality, but they are sufficient for recording your voice at an arm's length with clarity.

GreenCastleBlock

I find that the microphone in my cheap Logitech webcam is just fine.

MonkeyMagic

Thanks people. Smile

rnunesmagalhaes

I only watched squarology's video, and liked it al lot

viperone

another vote for Aww Rats...

sleepingbeauty

@Chasm1995 If you knew me at all you would understand that regardless of how much i like someone, I would never tell people to vote for someone i didnt feel was capable of doing the work. It is just not what im about, people who know me know that about me. 

You are still young and i understand that your life experience is limited in that way. This is not about who popularity in high school or college. Its about a man devoting much of his time freely to help others improve their game. He deserves to win period. He has worked very hard for it.

negotiate

http://youtu.be/S9YXyjkwIZc

A small taste of what's I've got to offering... Lol so outclassed here but I believe that helps me get better? No worries the shows called " how u beat me in chess" and I haven't viewed it yet... Prolly a bunch of great stuff cheers

SamCopeland

On the topic of mics (not claiming to be an expert), built in mic quality varies a lot. Part of the issue is that a built in mic may pick up the computer's fan noise and vibration if your laptop runs noisily. Headset mics are particularly close to your mouth and may pick up background breathing noises if you don't have a windscreen (usually just a foam cover). Most people I know who produce stuff like this (podcasts, etc.) use small stand mics that sit on the desk between them and the computer. As far as individual quality goes, I would pay attention to reviews on Amazon or other tech sites. I have heard people get good results with all sorts of mics. I personally use a headset mic and windscreen, but it picks up a bit much of my breathing noises.

ChessAcademyHQ

Technical Details:

Camtasia Sudio 8 to record the screen.

Microsoft LX-3000 Headset to record my voice.

*I should also note I lower the volume slider really low when I am about to record. That way I don't squelch when I talk. Later when I edit the video I amplify the volume three-fold.

simplemiddle

I vote for aww-rats.

FreeCat

My vote goes to squarology.

ChessAcademyHQ

And, guys, I just put up another video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A42kj_k3LM0

I'll put up in the second part tomorrow where I rematch my second opponent.

Also, I've updated my web page (http://www.squarology.com) so that it's user friendly. I don't have much content on it now but I'll be updating it daily. And I won't have just blitz on it.

Mainline_Novelty wrote:

This isn't really a "Blitz Session", but I thought I'd leave it here anyways : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylAyJeV0g5w 

Basically a mix of puzzles, blitz and rants. If you liked it, check out the four previous episodes :)

Hey, that was awesome. I only saw the first 15 minutes or so but there was a good bit of educational material. Heck, even the part where you talk about IM Pool was educational. Some quotes I liked: "I am sick: I got a runny nose, a sore throat and an ear infection. I'm also feeling lazy." "I'll see you on the other side of the paused video, whatever that means." "You're a 2200, how do you not know basic opening theory?" And lastly, "It's kinda funny, I can't develop any of my kingside pieces...AT ALL."

I tried to be that articulate in my recent videos but I was like "uhh, yeah, umm, well, huh? oh, yeah. so, yeah." It's like the more I try to explain the worse I explain.

MonkeyMagic

Thanks for the technical info gents. Smile