Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

10/6/2012 - G. Slepian, 1981

• 23 months ago · Quote · #41

Gil-Gandel

Hungdaddyfried wrote:

Wait this isn't checkmate and now white will lose when black moves its pawn to make it into a queen

No, Black can't queen on f1 because the Bishop will take it.

Over the next few moves White wins the last two pawns with his King, then the Bishop and Knight ending is difficult but doable against the best defence, so in problem terms it counts as a win.

• 23 months ago · Quote · #42

pbazan

Complicated

• 23 months ago · Quote · #43

thought_control

50 move rule does not start until there are no more captures or pawn moves.  But I was wondering how white can capture to pawns for free...

• 23 months ago · Quote · #44

ideasHUNTER

[COMMENT DELETED]
  • 23 months ago · Quote · #45

safaey

nice

• 23 months ago · Quote · #46

oli1

good puzzle

• 23 months ago · Quote · #47

mattjd

BB5 doesn't work because of KD1

• 23 months ago · Quote · #48

resa1234

4. Nxd4

• 23 months ago · Quote · #49

StrategicPlay

O_o

• 23 months ago · Quote · #50

murometzyx

good!

You have solved this problem!

4. Nxd4 

• 23 months ago · Quote · #51

paulified22

This was a weird puzzle,of cource you start with Q sac chose Qf1 so K would block pawn on f2 next move to check again was Bb5+...KxNe1, 3.Nc2+...Kd2, 4.NxQd4,never saw a clear way to mate be cause there was'nt one,took Q because it looked like the most logical next move.need to go back and look how deep I can go from where puzzle left you.Thank's Chess.Com.Good day chess heads.It's hard to figure this out because you do not know black's next move,black will move pawn to f1 making it a Q,and the black Q is in position to check white changing the whole game.Wrong again B take's pawn f1,I don't get it.After reading some post's it sound's like white has it's work cut out for him

• 23 months ago · Quote · #52

domalius

easy but not so bad puzzle

• 23 months ago · Quote · #53

mclala1991

good one, but you have to know how to checkmate ;)

• 23 months ago · Quote · #54

paulified22

melogibbo wrote:

I think I did this right, here goes!

You showed several time's Nf3+ when it was not a check,had a hard time figuring out some of the move's order.Thank's for the annaysis,you did a decent job,I can't illustrat a puzzle and show it as most of you guy's do,I give you credit,I'm wrong your Nf3 check's were from the white Q so you did do a good job

• 23 months ago · Quote · #55

melogibbo

@paulified, the chess engine states if it's check or not, it's not something people creating the puzzles do.
    It's a discovered check, the white queen is checking the black king once the knight moves, solved by simply taking and checking the white queen with a 2nd queen.

• 23 months ago · Quote · #56

kyleevon

seems like luck to me

• 23 months ago · Quote · #57

mattjd

kyleevon wrote:

seems like luck to me

Chess is a game of pure luck Innocent

• 23 months ago · Quote · #58

Cattoir

after 4. Nxd4 doesn't black just moves the pawn and make a queen on f1 which results in you losing the game?

• 23 months ago · Quote · #59

Easeland

Really Good Puzzle.Smile Cute Smash!Cool Thank You, chess.comWink

• 23 months ago · Quote · #60

daniel2852

AdityaRavuri wrote:

First

fail, what a loser. Got nothing better to contribute than a failing post like that. 

Post your reply: