guizindatreta

4:20

NICE PUZZLE! 

• 2 years ago · Quote · #31

mohandisusa

nice...

• 2 years ago · Quote · #32

melogibbo

pretty tough i thought, all these fools on the 1st page saying easy after 1 few minutes posted, what bullcrap, they're so eager to post 1st page they aint doing the puzzle.

morons

• 2 years ago · Quote · #33

MagiICian

Isn't BB5+ a much better first move? it forces the black king to move to one of any three squares where he HAS to lose his queen whilst white gets to retain his. =/

• 2 years ago · Quote · #34

negotiate

why not check with the bishop first

• 2 years ago · Quote · #35

Walter0508

iliked this one

• 2 years ago · Quote · #36

yellowserge

This puzzle's difficulty might lie in seeing the VALUE in what the final position leaves us with.  We also had to see what was at stake.  Black was threatening to queen a pawn or two.  But now those two pawns are completely neutralized by the knight and the bishop, who can gobble up the pawns with support from the king.

Also I enjoy the sense of humor: white could still lose on time control with a "won" game: checkmating with bishop and knight is difficult to remember for beginners (I'm not sure I could do it without some trial and error, and of course time).

• 2 years ago · Quote · #37

melogibbo

nice Gertix but what about if the king moves to D1? black wins.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #38

woodrow

According to Shredder Endgame Database, when this puzzle ends (after 4 moves with Black to move), it will take White 30-34 moves to mate. This is assuming that White makes ALL correct moves. If White makes something less than the best move, even after White deals with the problem of the two remaining Black pawns, it is now King, Bishop, and Knight v. King endgame. I believe that 99.99 % of all players can't get a mate in such an endgame in less than 50 moves for each side, which makes it a draw under the 50-move rule. And that doesn't even take into account the time it would take to make all these moves.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #39

Hungdaddyfried

Wait this isn't checkmate and now white will lose when black moves its pawn to make it into a queen

• 2 years ago · Quote · #40

melogibbo

I think I did this right, here goes!

Post your reply: