• 3 years ago · Quote · #102

Vitix

good one

• 3 years ago · Quote · #103

Munabhai

too easy

• 3 years ago · Quote · #104

Baazigar

Pawns position wins the game after making the king run.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #105

Eternity_08

Amazing!

• 3 years ago · Quote · #106

kdl88

Love seeing so many people saying "easy" on these all the time with ridiculous ratings... I'd love for chess.com to implement a grading system where if you get it wrong, it shows in your post... Over the board, these are not easy to see and you don't get to try again.  If it were so easy to see, wouldn't the results of their games follow accordingly?  I had a pretty good idea but did not get it right... and that is the case with a few of these.  Sundays on the other hand...

And is it really important for people to keep saying "1st"... I mean seriously?

• 3 years ago · Quote · #107

the_dark_raider

kdlittle88 wrote:

Love seeing so many people saying "easy" on these all the time with ridiculous ratings... I'd love for chess.com to implement a grading system where if you get it wrong, it shows in your post... Over the board, these are not easy to see and you don't get to try again.  If it were so easy to see, wouldn't the results of their games follow accordingly?  I had a pretty good idea but did not get it right... and that is the case with a few of these.  Sundays on the other hand...

And is it really important for people to keep saying "1st"... I mean seriously?

Does it bother you?

• 3 years ago · Quote · #108

PATTERN

1st thing you should notice is that if black gets a move in without you putting him in check its game over for white @g4

Notice the board: where would you like your queen to be? The pawns on g6 and h6 are caught in their advance! Memorize this part of the puzzle for sure. . .

The second thing to understand is that by checking the King with the rook on h8 you can bring your Queen to g8 (1.Rh8+, Kxh8 2. Qg8+) and draw by repetition (2.Qg8+, Kh7 3. Qg7+, Kh8 4...) she chases the king back and forth until 4 consecutive moves are repeated, then hit the draw button.

Next (3.Qxf7) Make the note of your pawns, especially the on on e5. Go though the puzzle a couple of times at this point to understand what happened. This is like rereading a word problem. Since you have to keep the king in check you cant take advantage of the white squared bishop. Or can you?

In chess I've noticed that pieces rely on each other. Look at how the pawns fall back (5. ..., Kxg6). Its almost like the bishops initiative is still there!

Finally notice the checkmate. The Queen maintains the squares shes dominated and drives the king home in one fell swoop.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #109

fisherking

Brilliant! 

• 3 years ago · Quote · #110

fasted004

IncrediBill wrote:

After the first move, the puzzle is pretty straight forward, you just have to keep finding ways to keep Black in check.  (At least our Queen gets a break this time.  Interesting that it takes both a Rook and Bishop sacrifice to do the job of a Queen sacrifice.)  I like how the two pawns pull their weight.

Since Black is on the verge of Mating White, you know that you have to keep Black in Check the whole time.  The only piece, other than your Rook, that can do that is the Bishop.  But, that road seems to lead to a dead end.

In your alternative, why not 7. Qf5#?

Black could have prolonged by 6... Kg8 or Kh8 however it still would end in mate.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #111

wudoke

Why the queen have to capture the pawn f7?

Why: 1. Rh8+ Kxh8 2. Qf8+ Kh73. Qxf7+ Kh8 4. Qf8+ Kh75. Bxg6+ Kxg6 6. Qg8#

and not 1. Rh8+ Kxh8 2. Qf8+ Kh7 3. Bxg6+ Kxg6 4. Qg8#

Thanks ;)

• 3 years ago · Quote · #112

Kuomlei

sweet

• 3 years ago · Quote · #113

MatthiasVanCampen

awesomeEli wrote:

jackbbb your puzzel stingcs

omg I thought exactly the same words!

• 3 years ago · Quote · #114

Master_Mitchell

that was cooool

• 3 years ago · Quote · #115

Churrasqueira

• 3 years ago · Quote · #116

Isaque

Did it entirely without any help, f*ck YEAAAHHH !!! Laughing

• 3 years ago · Quote · #117

tnt2000

nice

• 3 years ago · Quote · #118

sa_Malek

incredible one, very nice. Don't underestimate those pawns

• 3 years ago · Quote · #119

tbonius

Well, the forced draw is simple enough...  the trick is evaluating to see if you can get checkmate. if not, then force a draw.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #120

ansay

good one

Post your reply: