Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

10/8/2011 - Mate in 8

• 3 years ago · Quote · #141

EduardoML10

I see this puzzle difficult Frown

• 3 years ago · Quote · #142

Oceanwalker

IncrediBill wrote:

Got stuck on the fourth move.  I wanted to play 4.Rh4+. Quite the jump in the level of difficulty from yesterday's puzzle

Iwanted to do the same move.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #143

abcd123456

nice puzzle with queen sac ☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻

• 3 years ago · Quote · #144

liovermoreno

i think that Bf6 is looking for complications...i would have prefered Rh4 check...Kg6...Bd3...Kg7...Rxh7 check...Kg8...Bf6... and whatever the black pieces play checkmate is coming right after with Rh8  

• 3 years ago · Quote · #145

Big_Daddy_10

This is both a tough and great puzzle.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #146

DFW333

In response to move #4, (Bf6) why wouldnt the black king take the Rook on g4? The rook is completely defenseless. The pawn on h2 or a discovered check from the e2 Bishop provided by the knight moving would be the only means of countering the capture of the rook. Instead Black just throws away a bishop to take a pawn and get a meaningless check.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #147

PhysicsFTW2

why not Rg4 followed by Qxg7#

• 3 years ago · Quote · #148

Churrasqueira

• 3 years ago · Quote · #149

zenweblo

wow not the usaully eAsY cHeEsE

• 3 years ago · Quote · #150

csdr

aphyer wrote:

So...a few of the moves here seriously confuse me, especially 4.Bf6 which appears to allow Kxg4 (I see White can fork the queen afterwards, but it's hard to see how White can get a mate).  Can anyone who understands this better then me put together an analysis with other lines detailed?

4... Kxg4 5. Nh4 mate

• 3 years ago · Quote · #151

stinkybear

Dont get this at all, why wouldn't the King take the Rook?

• 3 years ago · Quote · #152

melodyzhang

what de heck was this stuff all about? didnt understand a single thing at all! please will some kindly soul explain every single move in extreme detail? here are some points to consider when explaining:

• why the move was made & what advantages it gave white
    • explain clearly in common, understandable English, not "chess" language
    • type the ideas in neat lines and clear lines
    • THANK-YOU FOR THIS FAVOR!

P.S-  you don't have to if you dont want to. again, THANK-YOU FOR THIS FAVOR!!!

• 3 years ago · Quote · #153

Pieter1050

aphyer wrote:

So...a few of the moves here seriously confuse me, especially 4.Bf6 which appears to allow Kxg4 (I see White can fork the queen afterwards, but it's hard to see how White can get a mate).  Can anyone who understands this better then me put together an analysis with other lines detailed?

This is because you can checkmate him with Nh4.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #154

Twobit

Not my best

• 3 years ago · Quote · #155

imperatoraugustus

this is a horrible puzzle. you can mate in two: move the rook over then checkmate with the queen

• 3 years ago · Quote · #156

cpraag3

What's with the first thing

• 3 years ago · Quote · #157

cool4evar

ok tht was kinda hard

• 3 years ago · Quote · #158

IncrediBill

imperatoraugustus wrote:

this is a horrible puzzle. you can mate in two: move the rook over then checkmate with the queen

Black would have two options to stop you.  Either push the g7-pawn up one square to g6, or push the e6-pawn up one square to e5.  Bottom line . . . your dead in the water.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #159

Chesster-Field

Jacob30 wrote:
    Good_Day_Mate wrote:
    Jacob30 wrote:

k

Will someone please get Jacob30 a girlfriend?  He has some serious problems.

Unless you are the same person who said that before it has been said before by someone else. Interesting or something. I have Bipolar Schzoeffective insomnia asthma and restless leg syndrome and a couple of other things. Thanks for your concern. Much appreciated.

Don't forget Morbid Obesity

• 3 years ago · Quote · #160

kdl88

Wow... good to see all the 1100's not exclaiming how easy it was...  Really tough and good puzzle...

Post your reply: