Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

10/8/2011 - Mate in 8

• 3 years ago · Quote · #181

dufferps

aphyer wrote:

So...a few of the moves here seriously confuse me, especially 4.Bf6 which appears to allow Kxg4 (I see White can fork the queen afterwards, but it's hard to see how White can get a mate).  Can anyone who understands this better then me put together an analysis with other lines detailed?

On replaying this puzzle (when I came on to do the Sunday puzzle and this was still on the screen), I too was surprised when I realized that the 4.Bf6 left the King at g4 completely unprotected.  What an inviting trap! 
    4. ... Kxg4, 5.Nd4 (or Nh4) discovered checkmate.

Be wary of the lure of a double check (5.Ne5+?)for that leaves the f5 square open for the black king's escape.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #182

fabill

Yes that was my question also bf6?? our knight to e5 would have protected the rook. But also this was saturdays puzzle...where's Sundays puzzle?

• 3 years ago · Quote · #183

Djazbin

Très instructif.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #184

luigimarill

tsup

• 3 years ago · Quote · #185

ricker23

Good puzzle this Sunday.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #186

SadeghFr

not bad though

• 3 years ago · Quote · #187

djepi

Too tough for average players

• 3 years ago · Quote · #188

USLecce

Nice

• 3 years ago · Quote · #189

JCE77

nice

• 3 years ago · Quote · #190

Calvano8

Nice.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #191

stm01

hun

• 2 years ago · Quote · #192

carlosmadura

excelente

• 2 years ago · Quote · #193

Good_Day_Mate

Jacob30 wrote:

I was first because I cheated. Yeah right at what. I don't know. You cheated anyway. Ahead of me. Because I won by a second and don't care about you turn my back to you in every site online etc etc

Jacob30 is like a traffic accident.  So horrifying, but you can't help looking at it.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #194

Jacob30

Good_Day_Mate wrote:
    Jacob30 wrote:

I was first because I cheated. Yeah right at what. I don't know. You cheated anyway. Ahead of me. Because I won by a second and don't care about you turn my back to you in every site online etc etc

Jacob30 is like a traffic accident.  So horrifying, but you can't help looking at it.

One of the better comments this morning that I have received, however, the only traffic accidents I have been in were not my fault I settled out of court and won money as opposed to going into court and winning thousands and quite possibly landing the other party in jail once for DUI if that is what the punishment for that is.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #195

catsdogs123

Good_Day_Mate wrote:
    Jacob30 wrote:

k

Will someone please get Jacob30 a girlfriend?  He has some serious problems.

Lol, good day mate!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 years ago · Quote · #196

Jacob30

catsdogs123 wrote:
    Good_Day_Mate wrote:
    Jacob30 wrote:

k

Will someone please get Jacob30 a girlfriend?  He has some serious problems.

Lol, good day mate!!!!!!!!!!

I prefer not to look at them as problems. Ty I will have a good day.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #197

stephen_33

Like many others, I went astray at move 4 & played Nh4 but overlooked e5 - still mate but in 10 moves.  Lots of discussion on this one - some of it is even intelligent.Wink

• 2 years ago · Quote · #198

stephen_33

inhouse wrote:
    RishMaster wrote:

i wasn't first because i was with a girl

I doubt if you were first with her either.

Now that's what I call wit !   More please....   Cool

• 24 months ago · Quote · #199

shengyi

Very interesting end position...

Post your reply: