• 22 months ago · Quote · #64

harith123

ok

• 22 months ago · Quote · #65

nomembername

Frown

• 22 months ago · Quote · #66

dufferps

We are accustomed to "puzzles" which have a definite WIN as the objective.

But chess is often a matter of gaining small advantages which may eventually result in a win or avoid a loss.  In this case white was down a pawn and maybe a little more since the paired bishops are often stronger than one bishop and a knight.  Seeing and taking the opportunity to reverse the opponent's advantage is good chess.  Thanks for the lesson, daily puzzle.

• 22 months ago · Quote · #67

ZacWilson

A puzzle with something other than checkmate as the focus.  fun.

• 22 months ago · Quote · #68

cheetahch

easy

• 22 months ago · Quote · #69

RookPFeynman

To all those who feel that Qe8 is a good move, please look at the resulting moves which would give black a clear advantage. Whites pieces are tied down somewhat defensively but this would open up the game for black. 

• 22 months ago · Quote · #70

lord2200

nice one ..

• 22 months ago · Quote · #71

pazzka

what this is?

• 22 months ago · Quote · #72

fearless2play

What is wrong with bishop to e8???

• 22 months ago · Quote · #73

CatFanShogl

Too easy.

• 22 months ago · Quote · #74

Djazbin

Queen fork... good day; bonne journée.

• 22 months ago · Quote · #75

waynedickinson2

Let us know if were not looking for mate please

• 22 months ago · Quote · #76

dufferps

I believe that 1. ... Bf8 was something of a blunder by black.  I think black's best response would have been 1. ... Bxf3, forcing  2. gxf3 (because it threatens  ... Qxe2+), THEN saving his black-squares bishop with ... Bf8.  Black has then gained another pawn in exchange for his bishop and seriously damaged the defenses around the white king.

After 1. ... Bxf3, white COULD attack with 2.Qe8, postponing the capture of the white-square Bishop another move, but the results would be the same.

• 22 months ago · Quote · #77

kaichess

hmm

• 22 months ago · Quote · #78

Jurgan

I like Qe8, which also wins a bishop.  It seems equally effective.

• 22 months ago · Quote · #79

ThutmoseIII

How many more people are going to ask about E8 without reading the preceding comments?

I say 7. Do I hear 7? Okay, from Canada, I have 7. Do I hear 8? 8? 8? Come on. Okay, there from Nepal. I've got 8. 9. Do I have 9? 9? 9? Okay, there from the U.S. I've got 9. Waiting on 10. Surely someone else is going to ask about E8. Waiting... Waiting...

• 22 months ago · Quote · #80

Julius_1985

a little boring to be honest. not saying its easy or whatever but at the end the climax was left wanted. It should be more like BANG, BETTER RESIGN MF! This was more like here; have an annoying day. XD

Post your reply: