Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

11/26/2012 - Mate in 2

• 2 years ago · Quote · #101

yfn

If the puzzle is about mate in 2 without any qualifications (which is the case in point, unless I am missing something), it should allow other ways of checkmating in 2.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #102

Spartan_Titans

Crap !!

• 2 years ago · Quote · #103

Cavatine

Nice puzzle, I stared at my Pawn, then my Queen, then my King, then the two pawns in front of the King. I wondered whether I could get stalemated. Then I looked at the Queening square and thought rook? still stalemate .. bishop? .. no checkmate .. Knight! .. now since you know my fascinating thought process, you can publish it and become a Cognitive Psychologist.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #104

jackOFspades203

some times less is more

• 2 years ago · Quote · #105

Bittrsweet

What about Qb5 Ka8 d8=Q?

• 2 years ago · Quote · #106

pdmura

Page 6!  Oh boy!

• 2 years ago · Quote · #107

trpltz

Ok, why not KxP, then only move left is K-b8 and P-d8 promoting to Q is also mate in the same number for moves for white?

• 2 years ago · Quote · #108

DesKahn

It's good. At first I wanted to promote to a queen but that way lies stalemate. Ha!

• 2 years ago · Quote · #109

Easeland

Spent A Restless Night. Felt Out Of This Day. So Sick'n'Sleepless, I Failed Replying Early In The Morning Gray. I'm Completely Exhausted Now, Yet Absolutely Mad. Shit! Violent Diarrhoea All Night Long. Damned Politics! All Of You! Being Dreadful Invalid This Morning. Did Vote Last Saturday, Tho'. 

Replay. "Bön'' Jöur'." 'is Puzzle Is So Ope It Must Be Bloody Monday Morning Now Believe I Got. Sorry. 

Thank You In The Eve, chess.com

I Have Been Up Since Yesterday Morning And Shall Take A Break In Any Moment. Must Get Some Rest. "Shit Happens!"Laughing

• 2 years ago · Quote · #110

abekiroz

easy

• 2 years ago · Quote · #111

brisket

Couldn't someone in theory pull the queen out of the way for the first move to avoid a stalemate, then on the next move promote the pawn, and then go for  a back rank mate.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #112

TimeOnline

Why not Q-b5 
    --> Black king has to go to a8
    Promoto to queen => Checkmate...
    Right?! 

• 2 years ago · Quote · #113

cubism

Hmmmmm?

• 2 years ago · Quote · #114

garynew

is it be Caturday yet?

• 2 years ago · Quote · #115

mspaschalis

[COMMENT DELETED]
  • 2 years ago · Quote · #116

mspaschalis

promote to queen its steelmate, this is fantastic puzzle!

• 2 years ago · Quote · #117

naturalproduct

This was a good one. Took me a minute to see that the pawn to knight promotion would end it.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #118

ThutmoseIII

Well, I tried a mate in 3 combo so I guess that means I missed it. However, I got it on the next try.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #119

Sanseng

what abt 1. Qb5 Ka8 and 2.d8Q#

• 2 years ago · Quote · #120

trpltz

Earlier I wrote:

"Ok, why not KxP, then only move left is K-b8 and P-d8 promoting to Q is also mate in the same number for moves for white?"

OK, I see that this has the same problem as the Q-b5 move.  The King can go back to a7 on the promotion check, so it takes one more move to mate.

Good problem.

Post your reply: