Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

1/20/2013 - Opening Up

• 18 months ago · Quote · #141

vinbrothers

easy puzzle dudes

• 18 months ago · Quote · #142

dufferps

Assessor wrote:

I liked this puzzle. This IS the type of move that I am more likely to see and do on a regular basis.

Me too!  But the difficulty is to get to this point in a game.

• 18 months ago · Quote · #143

vinbrothers

y do they make sunday puzzle so easy. it should go like this: monday (easiest)-sunday(hardest). whoever agrees with me please quote!!!Cool

• 18 months ago · Quote · #144

dufferps

wcaulkins wrote:

Kc7?  not a forced mate.

1. ...   Kc7,
    2. Qb7 is still checkmate.

• 18 months ago · Quote · #145

birurajopadhyaya

:) Happy Sunday EmbarassedSmile

• 18 months ago · Quote · #146

idraz

easy

• 18 months ago · Quote · #147

dufferps

briansladovich wrote:
    stephen_33 wrote:

Some of these puzzles should be sub-titled 'spot the bishop' !    

I like that. Or, 'Peekaboo' !

Yes - that is a lesson many of us can draw from a simple Sunday puzzle.

In doing puzzles, we must especially look for our own bishops and what they can do for us. In a game, the danger is in overlooking the opponent's lurking bishop.

I guess it's because bishops (our own or our opponents') are rather far away and off at an angle. A Distant Rook's path is marked by a line of squares - like a paved highway, and the knights and pawns tend to be closer in, and we are always aware of he queens.  But the bishop can be buried near the edge of the board and control more than is apparent.

In this case, white fianchettoed his white-squares Bishop.  Typically, that is not a bishop to be ignored.

• 18 months ago · Quote · #148

altinyzeiri

You have solved this problem!
    2. Qxb7#
    easy!
  • 18 months ago · Quote · #149

micaman994

Sunday puzzles!!!!!

• 18 months ago · Quote · #150

jackOFspades203

simple

• 18 months ago · Quote · #151

Braingasm

so easy. its funny how white is so much worse but there just happened to be this magical checkmate.

• 18 months ago · Quote · #152

-Amos-

Yea that was vary simple

• 18 months ago · Quote · #153

Zeyu

easy

• 18 months ago · Quote · #154

victorpu

victor

• 18 months ago · Quote · #155

victorpu

vtdhx

• 18 months ago · Quote · #156

boot10

Jesus,I'm the worst player on earth, and I can see that with my eyes close!!!!

• 18 months ago · Quote · #157

victorpu

victor
  • 18 months ago · Quote · #158

victorpu

boot10

• 18 months ago · Quote · #159

victorpu

ggggggggggggggjjjjjjjhjghjghujygujyghjytjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqjjjjjjjjjjjjjjssssjjjjjjjjjjjjjqjececjecejceajdxajsxjxdjekcjecjejwjcxsjcxasjcjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjsaccddddddddddddjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQJWJWJWJWJWJWJWJWJWJWJWJWJWJWJWDJJAAJWJJJJDJJJJJJJJJJCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCJFFFFFFJJJCJJJJjjjjcjjjjdwfsedwgedfgxegwdcwhgedfcgesfd

• 18 months ago · Quote · #160

victorpu

[COMMENT DELETED]

Post your reply: