Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

12/29/2012 - Long Calculation

• 16 months ago · Quote · #201

obay0001

Wow, hard one...

• 16 months ago · Quote · #202

waffllemaster

This is a known trap, black has to take on d4 before 0-0.  I've actually played this in a game, so I got the puzzle really fast (although I was unaware black could avoid the loss of a piece for so long).

• 16 months ago · Quote · #203

stm01

long... indeed

• 16 months ago · Quote · #204

cena_warrior

can somebody explain this?

• 16 months ago · Quote · #205

Gil-Gandel

angie_pad wrote:

Why did the solution end when it did...with no checkmate shown? Is it so obvious they didn't show it? Help please!

In the final position, Black must either lose a piece or give Rook for minor piece in a quiet position. Between masters, the win is then just a question of technique, but it would take a long struggle before it was done. Marco resigned on the spot, knowing there was no realistic chance of saving the game.

• 16 months ago · Quote · #206

tigbench

I personaly think that they should try to include a few more puzzles like these, instead of having the large majority being games of "mate in (2,3,4)". It makes great variety for the daily puzzle, and the variety is a good benefit.

• 16 months ago · Quote · #207

Gordon36251

tigbench wrote:

I personaly think that they should try to include a few more puzzles like these, instead of having the large majority being games of "mate in (2,3,4)". It makes great variety for the daily puzzle, and the variety is a good benefit.

I second that notion.

• 15 months ago · Quote · #208

chessmaster12344

? I don't get the point?

Post your reply: