Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

2/11/2012 - White to Play and Win

• 2 years ago · Quote · #81

TheCabal

Nice mating attacks to get black's queen! Poor lady!
  • 2 years ago · Quote · #82

Tloon

Awesome one. We will see tomorrow...

• 2 years ago · Quote · #83

damongross

Good puzzle.  I was kind of hoping the black queen would take the white queen because I liked the checkmate on the very next move.  But this way works fine too.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #84

carovalencia

Cool combination

• 2 years ago · Quote · #85

scofield_vn

I realy don't undurstande why didn't the black queen take the white queen on move two

• 2 years ago · Quote · #86

lph

Hmmm?

• 2 years ago · Quote · #87

freebie

baldax wrote:

Very nice hidden mate on f7 if black capture the queen!!!

Exactly.  I LOVE the subtle ones like this.  Really got the blood flowing to the noggin. 

• 2 years ago · Quote · #88

drshark

nice

• 2 years ago · Quote · #89

FutbolStar5

Good, but kinda easy.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #90

freebie

psyjonz wrote:

so the point of checkmate wasnt the purpose this time???

Nope, but these types of puzzles have ben rare lately.  I usually don't like non-mating puzzles, but that hidden mate if QxQ was worth it.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #91

freebie

dunce wrote:
    Azukikuru wrote:

Hints for posting in the Daily Puzzle thread:

1) If you think there is a flaw in the puzzle, you simply don't understand it completely.

Riiiiiiiiiight . . . like the times when the puzzle's busted and nothing will move. Totally the user's fault.

Hey, I give Azukikuru a thousand bonus points for not posting "First."  He obviously saw all of the repetitious comments yesterday, and the numerous posters who didn't take the time to analyze the puzz.  I missed an obvious move, but I had the humility to ask, received a number of replies, yet a lot of other people never bothered to look at the answer, because the same question kept getting re-asked.  I'm grateful for any post that's not "easy" or "first" -- or "stupid puzzle."

• 2 years ago · Quote · #92

NuwanG

easy

• 2 years ago · Quote · #93

stephen_33

Thought provoking & better than some recent (& trickier) ones because of no inexplicable/daft  moves that you sometimes see. Only had 1 incorrect move on the board this time-think I must be improving!

• 2 years ago · Quote · #94

therealjayrock

I somehow accidently made the right move trying to make the right move for 2)Qg3+ (I accidently dropped the queen on that square , then didn't realise it and tried to make that same move again)

Nice puzzle though.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #95

_36darshan--

Good one.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #96

abekiroz

good one

• 2 years ago · Quote · #97

novzki41

• 2 years ago · Quote · #98

domalius

Interesting puzzle.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #99

akshaynaik7

the puzzle is wrong. the black queen cud hv killed the white queen instead of moving the frog. cheap puzzle.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #100

biko5dan

good puzzle

Post your reply: