Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

2/18/2012 - Adams - Torre, New Orleans 1925

• 3 years ago · Quote · #21

saqlain5699

nice man.. white played awesome.. such an evil playr :p

• 3 years ago · Quote · #22

alcoholinducedchess

oy83 wrote:

Is it possible for members not to dwell on having your comment make the first page? It's not an unearthly situation. instead, have puzzle related input.

As the aliens disect the pre-frontal lobe they realise they have made a grave error!   Alas this man has indeed made the front page on chess.com and should have been illiminated from this experiment along with all the other ignorant earthlings that call first page their home. 

Sorry too many cones tonight he cries as he carves another one open......

• 3 years ago · Quote · #23

SharmaPawan

bestest

• 3 years ago · Quote · #24

briansladovich

Cool Oh! I get it now.Very clever.Manipulating black queen to loose advantage with rooks.

Also, what a good example of rooks working together. At their most dangerous.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #25

Pavrey

Fantastic - the White Q was taboo throughout the sequence. The first couple of moves was easy to spot, once the motif was clear, but the rook move was the hardest.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #26

stm01

y dis...

• 3 years ago · Quote · #27

KumarAnkur

good one!....lesson for me rather a puzzle

• 3 years ago · Quote · #28

roygbiv1

it was quite hard but i got it first timeLaughing

• 3 years ago · Quote · #29

fireflies808

i had to use the help botten for the frist try.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #30

smokeys

Does everyone need to say the same damn thing over and over? First and nice are just lame. Any respectable board would consider that spam and deal with posts and posters who make those posts as they should be dealt with.

The spam ruins any chance of good discussion occuring about a daily problem.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #31

dufferps

I started out okay, but move 3 -- the pawn threat -- eluded me. 

Similarly, the rook to e4 eluded me, but now I see the point behind that combination.  With both the black queen and black rook threatening the rook at e2, white's threat by capturing the b7 pawn when black's queen was in the b file would not work - black would attack e2. 

Too difficult for me, though I got some of the tactics white was using.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #32

reffahc

nice

• 3 years ago · Quote · #33

bknight-sk

I'm afraid I don't get it...

• 3 years ago · Quote · #34

pawnturnsking

Anybody explain in details y no sacrifices and not thought of other lines of play .specially for black

• 3 years ago · Quote · #35

briansladovich

bknight-sk wrote:

I'm afraid I don't get it...

See #24

• 3 years ago · Quote · #36

Labfrog

Very good

• 3 years ago · Quote · #37

sandy_1525

difficult!

• 3 years ago · Quote · #38

Texesa

nice

• 3 years ago · Quote · #39

sbooder

As I am new to both chess and this forum, I found this the hardest puzzle to date (this is my 12 puzzle).

Once I realised the idea was getting the black Queen to off any supportive lines for the Rooks it became easier, but I still had about 6 attempts at move 5.  More like this please, no pain no gain!

• 3 years ago · Quote · #40

kedarm

alernate solutions are also possible IMO..

Post your reply: