Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

2/18/2012 - Adams - Torre, New Orleans 1925

• 3 years ago · Quote · #221

martinaaron

I found the first move quite fast, but after 1. ... Qb5, I meant to follow up with 2. a4.

It seemed like a win since the Black Queen is out of squares to cover e8 - but now I see 2...Qxe2!! and it's White who will be mated on the back rank: 3. Rxe2 Rc1+ and the game is over. So I have to give it to Adams, he played it brilliantly!

• 3 years ago · Quote · #222

laurent75018

very nice puzzle

• 3 years ago · Quote · #223

Brannit

long and difficult

• 3 years ago · Quote · #224

TheSkyBluePN3

It is hard

• 3 years ago · Quote · #225

caniecane

not easy for me never the less logical

• 3 years ago · Quote · #226

Zalmeth

smokeys wrote:

Does everyone need to say the same damn thing over and over? First and nice are just lame. Any respectable board would consider that spam and deal with posts and posters who make those posts as they should be dealt with.

The spam ruins any chance of good discussion occuring about a daily problem.

Here here

• 3 years ago · Quote · #227

rj011788

one the best puzzles i've ever seen...

• 3 years ago · Quote · #228

TALminator

Interesting ideas about this puzzle:

Even though white continues to offer up the queen, she's not disposable.  For example, if 1...Qd8 or Qc7, 2. Qxc8 wins for white because black needs an equal number of defenders to counter white's rook pair (when it's white's turn).

However, if after 2....Qb5 white plays 3. Qxc8, white loses because of 3...Rxc8 because black still has 2 pieces defending e8 after the exchange.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #229

jaminfine

Ok, it is obvious why black cannot take white's queen, but could someone explain to me why black could not have pushed a pawn to allow his king an escape? Or possibly move the king a space closer to the rook to defend it? What are the problems with those moves?

• 3 years ago · Quote · #230

golechhasandeep

very very very very very very very very Good

• 3 years ago · Quote · #231

KafkasDisciple

Very difficult for me - but many of the comments helped me see the point! Many thanbks to many of you for posting.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #232

alhern

Very difficult & interesting, but we can see soon the point.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #233

NGC_1947

jaminfine wrote:

Ok, it is obvious why black cannot take white's queen, but could someone explain to me why black could not have pushed a pawn to allow his king an escape? Or possibly move the king a space closer to the rook to defend it? What are the problems with those moves?

I was wondering the same thing......

• 3 years ago · Quote · #234

ampyun86

jaminfine wrote:

Because the Black queen has no defender. If black moves a pawn then white just takes black's queen.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #235

chessloveplayer

ni

• 3 years ago · Quote · #236

rhynox136

it didn't come to me that black queen to g4 isn't a good option. a very nice puzzle. haha! really hard. :))

• 3 years ago · Quote · #237

DanielRaj

Looking ordinary position ,but nice solution for this game

• 3 years ago · Quote · #238

cctars

only frist move :/

• 3 years ago · Quote · #239

PapadeNaty

Fail....sorry...

• 3 years ago · Quote · #240

oneomega

i think white did it the long way.why didn't he kill the rook at c8 at the second step.

Post your reply: