Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

2/2/2013 - Mate in 4

• 23 months ago · Quote · #61

Kolben

cailleach wrote:
    Chestnut22 wrote yesterday:

very nice, easy but nice
    side note. Do people actually wait until it is exactly 3 in the morning.(or w.e their time zone) just so they could type first? can someone maybe explain to me what the satisfaction they get from it is...

Beats me. But then, I don't get the people saying 'easy' either. Easy for you? Maybe, but is that really so interesting to the rest of the world you need to let everybody know? Easy for everyone? Nope, it's not.

I think no one ever received applause for the great achievement of "first!" or "easy!" yet somehow they must feel better after writing it, cause otherwise this would have stopped long ago. Very puzzling comments, these puzzle comments.

waynedickinson2 wrote yesterday:

If people get off on sayn "first!",then let it be!No one is hurting anyone,are they?just let it be,let them have their moment-stop hatin.

I don't hate. I just think y'all are megalomaniatic egotistic nincompoops, and you’re only still alive because natural selection was neutralized by technology, is all.

Doesn't narural selection in a way favour the most egoistic members of species? Anyway, as it is chess we're talking I think some people don't have a life (side effect of playing chess) and are sitting in wait every night and day to jump the latest puzzle and after they' re done call out for mummy to wipe their behinds... that's the way I interpret this touch of pride implied in these "1st, 2nd, 3rd" exclamations 

• 23 months ago · Quote · #62

ocmn6

queen sac!!!

• 23 months ago · Quote · #63

tatai8

nice and good, kind of quality end game.

• 23 months ago · Quote · #64

adarshtripathi2

how to play

• 23 months ago · Quote · #65

wyh2013

quite slow for me to solve but i did solve it :D

• 23 months ago · Quote · #66

VeaceslaA

good one,  thanks

• 23 months ago · Quote · #67

deepak64

Very good puzzle.

• 23 months ago · Quote · #68

andantino07

easy easy

• 23 months ago · Quote · #69

milray101

ooops... queen sac again.

• 23 months ago · Quote · #70

prathz007

queen sacrifice

• 23 months ago · Quote · #71

PIRATCH

Bryan681972 wrote:
    PIRATCH wrote:
    kaichess wrote:

crig ra bandolo 1st time 2nd Queen sac for sunday good morning 

Sunday? It's Saturday!

I'm not sure, if this is the only way to mate and to win!

What about 1 Rcg1? With the idea of sacrificing the rook on g4 (taking the knight with check) ...

1. Rcg1, with the immediate threat of 2. Qxh6#, looks like it ultimately works, but because it is not a check, it allows black time for stalling/defensive moves beginning with 1...Qxc2+ that should delay mate for more than four moves. 

Not at all: 2 Qxc2+ - Maybe it's not mate in 4. But the game is over anyway!

• 23 months ago · Quote · #72

Zoras

nice

• 23 months ago · Quote · #73

oblite

I knew it sacrifice the Queen argh!YellTongue Out

• 23 months ago · Quote · #74

PIRATCH

Let's have a look at 1 Rcg1:

Even if this means to leave out the opportunity of a very nice queen sac! Wink

• 23 months ago · Quote · #75

qwiki

not so dificult but very usefull for any player

• 23 months ago · Quote · #76

jimboss23

nice

• 23 months ago · Quote · #77

Alternative_Rock

easy and nice

• 23 months ago · Quote · #78

dufferps

Only because it was a daily puzzle did I consider that initial Queen Sacrifice.

Even so, I wanted to start out with Bxg4. - But then black would have a variety of options; I hadn't analysed them all.

• 23 months ago · Quote · #79

Misha_Bridun

oh yea i love daily puzzles they always give me a sence of accomplishment when i solve them!

• 23 months ago · Quote · #80

stupid-boy

Nice queen sacrifice.Cool

Post your reply: